Status: R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan. FoREVer in our hearts<3

Celebrity Skin

Two

Ariennette woke up the next morning to her doorbell ringing. She stretched her arms over her head before grabbing her robe and slippers and descending down the staircase. There were only 3 people who knew the code to her entrance gate; Mike, her head bodyguard, Jack, her manager/publicist, and Chris, her stylist. She had a feeling she knew who it was already.

“Care to explain yourself?” Jack asked, angrily shoving the Star magazine into her hands.

She read over the magazine; she made the cover.

Cash’s Cocaine Blues.

Ariennette rolled her eyes. “Jack, I’m not doing coke.”
“How can I be so sure?” He snapped. He was livid.
“You wanna fucking drug test me? I don’t touch that shit.” She countered angrily. “You should know better than anybody the shit these tabloids print is all fake.”
“They have a picture of you!”
“There’s a little thing called photo shop, my dear man.” She spat, falling back words onto her couch.

Jack rolled his eyes. He didn’t know what to believe anymore. He knew the magazines lied, but the way Ariennette had been acting lately worried him. She was loosing the southern twang in her voice from the years spent in California, and she just didn’t seem happy anymore. She could fool the people around her, but she couldn’t fool him. Jack wished he could spend more time with her, but he and his wife, Reese, were in the process of having a baby.

Not to mention her public image was faltering. The press was finding new ways to tear her down from her pedestal daily, and her love of drinking wasn’t helping matters. Jack knew he had to do something before Ariennette became the new Lindsey Lohan.

“Regardless of the rumors being true or not, we need to do some damage control.” Jack stated.
Ariennette knit her eyebrows together. “What do you mean by damage control?”
Jack ran a hand through his short, curly brown locks. “I mean, I’m assigning Mike to stay here with you for a little while to watch over you. I’ll also be sending Chris over daily to pick out your wardrobe. I want you wearing more appropriate clothing, just for a little while. Also, there will be no more partying until this blows over; strictly business.”
Ariennette saw red. “What?! I’m not a fucking Barbie doll, you can’t just dress me up and prance me around for the public! Magazines always make up rumors, they’ll blow over!”
“And I’m seeing to it that it happens sooner rather than later.” Jack said.

Ariennette couldn’t believe it. Is this what her life has really come to? The thought of firing Jack came to mind, but she knows she couldn’t do that. As much as he pissed her off sometimes, Jack was the closest thing to family she had. Jack’s father worked with her parents through their career, and she and Jack grew up with each other, Jack being 6 years older then her. Jack’s the older brother she always wanted, and was even named after her uncle, who Jack’s father was friends with before her uncle’s untimely death in the 40’s. Ariennette had four step-sisters; Rosanne, Kathy, Cindy and Tara, but hadn’t talked to any of them since her childhood when they came around to visit their father. They resented Ariennette and her mother, June, for breaking up their parent’s marriage. In absence of her sisters, Jack stepped up to the plate as her manager, publicist, but more importantly, her brother. Like every brother, Jack was a bit protective. She loved him, but she knew she couldn’t really talk to him. He wasn’t one for feelings. As un-emotionally attached he might be, deep down, she knew what he was doing was for the best.

She sighed. “Alright, I’ll do it.”
Jack smiled and slung his arm over her shoulders. “That’s my girl. Maybe we could head back to Memphis for a while, once all the publicity for the new movies over with. I know Aunt Anne misses you.”

Anne was Jack’s aunt, who took her in after her parent’s death in 2003, when she was 19. She had enough money from her movies to stay on her own, but she needed comfort. Anne had been like a second mother to her, and Ariennette missed her dearly. She hadn’t seen her since she moved out to California, a year after the deaths.

Ariennette nodded. “That sounds like a plan.”
“Great.” Jack smiled. “So all this should be over by the end of the month, I’ll make arrangements.”
“Okay.” She nodded.
“Alright, I have you’re outfit for the premier party tonight in my car. Chris sent it to me this morning.” Jack stood up and made his way outside.

Ariennette cringed. It’s true, she liked to party, but going to a club and going to a premier are two completely different things. At a club, she could let go, dance around and get drunk. At a premier, she had everyone’s eyes on her. Not to mention, Adrian Grenier, her co-star would be there. The recent rumor of their romance would no doubt make the night a little awkward. Ariennette would once again be attending alone, other than Mike. Jack and Chris had plans with their significant others, leaving her dateless once again. Hell, there are already rumors circulating. Why not hit on her hot co-star?

Jack walked in a few minutes later holding up a dry-cleaning bag. Ariennette sighed, and un-zippered the bag, revealing the beige frock.

“What is this?” She asked, eyeing the dress.
“You’re outfit for tonight.” Jack smiled.
“I can’t wear this, it looks like a beige garbage bag!” She complained, flailing her arms about in dramatic gestures.
“RiRi, you’re wearing it. We’re trying to clean up you’re image, remember?” Jack asked. “Put it on. Mike will be here in a few hours to pick you up. Remember, have fun tonight, but not too much fun please?”

With that, Jack took his exit. Ariennette stared down at the hideous dress in front of her and screamed out loud. This ‘new image’ thing is going to take a lot of getting used to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ariennette’s dress

Yay! Updates! Okay, so this story is going to be made up of mostly short chapters, because I find it easier to update quicker that way. This chapter was a bit of a filler to let you know whats going on, and the next few chapters will probably be mostly informal. No drama yet, but trust me! It's gonna get real good.

ALSO!! I'm going to try and update tomorrow, and that'll be my last update until Saturday or Sunday. I'm going to visit family and, for some crazy reason, they don't have internet. Crazy, right?

SUBSCRIBE&&COMMENT <33