Status: R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan. FoREVer in our hearts<3

Celebrity Skin

Eight

Ariennette awoke to bright lights surrounding her, in an unfamiliar room.

“What the …” She mumbled. It then hit her, she was in a hospital.

Ariennette glanced down at herself; no scratches, broken bones, braces or wires coming out of her. She certainly felt fine. Glancing around, she noticed a button near the side of her bed. Figuring it was to call the nurse, she pressed it and waited patiently. A petite red headed nurse stepped in a few minutes later.

“Ms. Cash, I’m glad to see you’re up.” She smiled.
“Yes, can I ask why I’m here?” She asked, not bothering to hide her annoyance.
The nurse grimaced. “Well, you were in a car accident. Apparently two cars slammed you over the guard rail; a few people from the press were following you and got pictures of the whole incident, including the cars involved. You should be thankful you’re alive, most people who total their cars like that die on impact.”

Ariennette pinched the bridge of her nose to stop the headache she could feel coming on. As soon as the nurse told her, the entire incident hit her like a concrete wall; or her steering wheel, in this case. Could she really have died?

“You have a few visitors, but they can’t stay long. The doctor has to check you one last time, then there’s a few police who need to talk to you.” The nurse smiled kindly one last time and walked out.
“RiRi are you okay?!” Reese barged in, running to Ariennettes bedside.
“Yea, I’m fine. How’d you know I was here?” She asked.
“Well when you didn’t show up to you’re house I got worried. I called Jack, he came over, then the hospital called him a few hours ago; apparently you have him down as next of kin, or something. Anyway, I’m so happy you’re okay!” She cried. “The doctor said you didn’t have a scratch on you. I saw the pictures of you’re car, I don’t even know how that’s possible. It’s a miracle!”
“How did you see pictures of my car?” Ariennette questioned. Her head was really starting to hurt.
“The paparazzi followed you out of the mall. They got pictures of the car’s that attacked you, and a few crime scene photos, apparently. Their the one’s who called 911.” She explained.
“Where’s Jack?” She asked.
“The doctors said one at a time. I’m not sure why, obviously you’re fine.” She ranted.
“But it’s only you two, he couldn’t make an exception?”
Reese scoffed. “It’s not just us.”
Ariennette raised an eyebrow. “Who else is here?”
“Jack, Chris and Mike, plus you’re crazy friend Jimmy and his girlfriend.”
“Why are they here?”
Reese shrugged. “Apparently we’re Jimmy’s new best friends.”

Ariennette sighed and asked Reese to send everyone else in who wanted to see her. Jack came in next, looking like a wreck, and then began ranting about how she should have Mike with her at all times, specifically for times like these. Mike came in next, saying almost the exact same things, plus a few other choice words for what he’ll do to the drivers when he finds them. Chris came in after words and asked how she was; always the more sensitive one. Finally, Jimmy came in with Leanna beside him. While the other’s were in he managed to convince the doctor to let them in together, since they were the last two.

“Starlight!” Jimmy cheered, walking in.
Ariennette glanced at him strangely. “Starlight?”
Jimmy nodded vigorously.
“It’s his new nickname for you.” Leanne explained, an amused smile on her lips.
“Oh.” She nodded in understanding.
“I was worried about you!” Jimmy stated, wrapping her into a bone crushing hug.
“Thanks?” She couldn’t help the smile forming on her lips.

They talked for a few more minutes before the nurse kicked them both out. The doctors checked her out once more, and after they dubbed her fine, they let the police officers in.

“Ms. Cash, we need to ask you a few questions before we really get down to business.” The first officer, who introduced himself as Officer Ryan, started.
“Okay.” She licked over her lips nervously.
“We already have pictures of the car’s and license plates thanks to the photographers, and we have patrol cars out searching for them now. I just wanted to ask if you got a look at anyone in the cars?” The other officer, Quinn, asked.
“No, I’m sorry sir, but I didn’t really get a good look at either of them. The man next to me had a scarf or something pulled over his face, and the man behind me had the sun visor down so all I saw was a-” That’s when it hit her; she knew who the man behind her was.

Her mouth fell agape as memories clouded her mind.

”You’ll never make it out there, Ria.” The man screamed. “Out there in Californi; you aint nothin’ but a lil’ ol’ country girl. You aint nothin’ without me, Ria, nothin’!”
“You’re wrong.” Ariennette stated, shakily. “I’mma make somethin’ of myself out there, and I’mma do it without you.” She sneered, her accent visably clearer in her younger years.
The man laughed, harshly pinning her against the wall by her wrists.
“You aint shit, girl. I’m gon’ personally make sure you amount to nothin’.” She felt a hard punch to the gut, and slowly slid down the wall.


“I … I know who the driver behind me was.” She swallowed back the lump in her throat.
“Who was it?” Officer Quinn asked.
“M-My, my ex-boyfriend.” She choked.
“What’s his name?” Officer Ryan inquired.
“Rich, Rich Westly. He, he just got out of jail a few months ago. Before I came out to California, he was thrown in jail for beating me. I’d recognize that scar on his chin anywhere.” Ariennette stated; she was the one who gave it to him.
“Thank you, Ms. Cash. I feel horrible for dropping this news on you right now, but unfortunately we’re going to have to take you down to the station with us.” Officer Ryan frowned.
“What? Why?” She asked.
“Well, the doctor said you were okay to be released, and during inspection of the remains of you’re vehicle, over a gram of cocaine was found in you’re trunk.” The officer explained.
“You’re fucking kidding me, right?” She gaped. “I do not do coke, officer, I swear.”
“Unfortunately Ms. Cash, you’re reputation tells us otherwise. We just need to take you down to the station until the blood test the doctor administers comes back; and if it does come back negative, we’ll be forced to charge you with drug trafficking.”

Ariennette couldn’t believe her ears, she was seriously being arrested?! She’d never done coke in her entire life; she’d learned her lesson from her father’s bad choices.

She sighed as the officers helped her out of bed. They let her change, and escorted her out of the hospital in handcuffs.

“What’s going on?!” Jack screamed, jumping to his feet.
“I’m being fucking arrested for drug possession.” Ariennette snapped.
“You what?!” He screamed louder.
“I didn’t do it, I swear! Jack, Rich was the driver behind me who ran me off the road. I don’t know how, but I think he has something to do with this. Please, do something!” She yelled over her shoulder as the police brought her out of the hospital and helped her into the backseat of their car.

In one day, she had been in a hideous car wreck caused by her abusive ex-boyfriend, and survived that car wreck without a scratch. Now, she was being arrested.

She couldnt even begin to fathom how the rest of her week would turn out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, no one commented me for the last chapter, and that upsets me. I'd really love some feedback for this one, it makes me smile. I know you guys are reading! Hey you, yea you! Sitting by you're computer screen! There's a message for you below. Read it.

COMMENT&&SUBSCRIBE<33