Status: on hiatus

Caught in a Fantasy

I don’t know, what do you want to do?

Emmett’s P.O.V.:

I parked my Jeep Wrangler in the school parking lot just as the school bell rang, signaling the start of the school day. Normally that would suck, but today my first class is English AP. Now don’t get me wrong, English is far from my favorite subject in school. But I sit next to Emily, meaning that English AP turns into games and jokes class. I quickly sat down next to Emily, just as Mrs. Warner walked in.

“Let the games begin,” Emily whispered to me as Mrs. Warner started writing something on the blackboard. I whisper chuckled as I started doodling in my notebook.

“What do you want to start your day with my lady?” I asked in a fake posh accent. She giggled airily before shrugging her shoulders. Mrs. Warner cleared her throat, snapping our attention to her. She gave us a warning glance, before adjusting her glasses and returning to writing on the blackboard. Right after her back was turned; a piece of paper was pushed in front of me on my desk.

I don’t know, what do you want to do? I thought about it for a moment, before replying.

How about I spy? ;b I chuckled airily and as whisper like as I could. I watched as she read the note and a small grin form.

Alright! I spy with my little eye, something big and green. I furrowed my brows a bit and looked up to see Mrs. Warner speaking. It wasn’t her talking that caught my attention, but the big bugger hanging from her nose.

Is it Mrs. Warner’s bugger? xD I slid it over the desk to her. She quickly scribbled down a reply and slid it back over.

Yep, your turn. ^.^ I smiled to myself and looked around the room as my eyes caught the candy cane stripped pencil skirt and smirked a little.

I spy with my little eye, something that is red and white. Emily made a small cough to cover up her giggle, before scribbling something down and sliding the note over to me again.

Mrs. Warner’s candy cane pencil skirt from the fair? xD I almost cracked at that one and quickly grabbed my water bottle and pretended to drink from it. So Mrs. Warner wouldn’t catch on.

You are indeed correct! Your turn. I had to wait this time, for Mrs. Warner to be distracted again, before I could slip the note over to Emily again.

I spy with my little eye, something blond and messy. I furrowed my brows for a moment scanning the room, when I came across Gena Rider’s, the girl in front of us, hair. Her blond hair was put in a bun or what was supposed to be a bun. But it most of all looked like hair hurricane with blond straw like hair sticking out in every direction from the bun.

Is it Gena Rider’s hair? Emily scanned the note and wrote a reply as quickly as I had, well almost.

Yeah, I think we’re getting too good at this game. What else can we play, now that the hawk has her eye out for us? We both looked up at Mrs. Warner and did our best to look like we were paying attention.

How about tick tack toe? I slid it across the desk, while pretending to pay attention to Mrs. Warner.

No can do, the hawk is on the trail. I noticed that Mrs. Warner was indeed eyeing us a bit more often than in the beginning of class. I tapped my pen lightly on my chin as I thought.

How about that drawing game? We haven’t done that in a while. I looked from the board and down on the note as I wrote this, pretending to write some of it down. I slid it over to Emily.

Instead of responding, she folded up a new piece of paper and did the same thing I did, except she was drawing the first piece of the drawing. We both did this until every part of our person was done. We both had to hold back our laughs as I unfolded the paper.

The head was a girl’s with a dark bob and fairy like features with a bit of edge to it. The top of the upper body and top half of the arms were that of a body builder. The lower upper body and other half of the arms were pure bone structure. The ass and the thighs were covered in a form a pant/skirt suit thing and the legs and feet were camouflage pants and combat boots. I must say it was one of our better ones.

But apparently we weren’t hiding our laughter well enough. Mrs. Warner did some ninja move and was suddenly next to our desk, where she quickly snapped up the pieces of papers we had been using trough class.

Color started to rise in her cheeks and she quickly made a mad dash to her desk where she blew her nose. We stifled our laughter once more, before she glared at us.

“You two get out of my classroom! I’ll see you in detention later..” she then returned to teaching the rest of the class as we grabbed our things and quickly got out of the class room.

“So since we have a longer break today, would you mind practicing for my music class with me? I really need to get this guitar solo down.” She asked making her face look so adorably innocent and begging.

“Fine, but you have to play COD with me later than!” she sighed dramatically, and put on a small show. We both half laughed as we made our way to an empty music classroom.
Jasper’s P.O.V.:

Rosalie, Alice, James, Edward, Bella and I walked into the cafeteria to find Emmett and Emily at our regular table, quietly laughing at something. I returned my attention to the lunch line as we bought some food and made our way to the table and sat down. Rosalie sat down next too Emmett, Alice and James across the table from them, Edward and Bella next to them and me next to Emily, across from Edward.

“So what have you two been up to?” Edward asked, snapping me back to the reality I didn’t know I had left. They chuckled a bit, before looking at each other.

“Oh just the usual, annoyed the crap out of Mrs Hawk-eye-candy-cane, drew a little..” Emily started trying, but failing in keeping the laughter out of her voice.

“Got caught, got thrown out of class with detention, played some music and came here.” Emmett finished in the same kind of voice. They caught each other’s eye and started laughing again, while doing some sort of hand shake I couldn’t quite follow.

“What?” Everyone’s attention except Emily’s snapped to Edward as he and Emily starred at Emmett. My eyes quickly went from Edward to Emily as a sad and hurt look crossed her features.

“..You thought of what I told you didn’t you…” it was formulated in a question, but said as a statement as she glanced sadly at Emmett.

“Em.. I’m sorry, I just can’t help but wonder about it. It’s big fucking news for crying out loud.” I looked confused at them both, like everyone else but Edward.

“Yeah, it was.. it was also a secret that I told you.. IN SECRET!” the hurt and anger was evident on her face.

“You know what forget it…” she rose from her chair and began cleaning up after her food, so she could leave.

“Wait, it’s not like that. I’m so sorry Emily, as your friend I should have been more careful..” he looked sad, which was a weird expression on Emmett’s usually happy face.

“Yeah, as my FRIEND you should have. I guess I now know what I’m NOT to you..” she snapped interrupting Emmett’s speech. She pulled her wrist from his grip, grabbed her tray and walked away from us. Bella looked between Edward and her retreating sister, before grabbing her things as well and going after her. I looked back at Edward and Emmett as Emmett sighed heavily.

“Did she really mean that we’re not friends anymore or is she just mad?” Emmett looked expectantly at Edward as he drew in an unnecessary breath. But before he could answer an apple flew through the cafeteria and hit Emmett in the head, hard.

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THHINK YOU MORONIC BASTARD!” I starred at Emily like everyone else in the cafeteria. I caught a sense of her emotions and was hit with anger, pain, sadness and betrayal.

“What did you do and what the hell did you tell Edward in your mind?” I snapped at them both. They looked at me shocked as Emmett swallowed hard.

“She told me the mystery behind herself and her sisters. It’s fucking big too.. I couldn’t get it off my mind and Edward heard. So basically I just blew my friendship with her, because I couldn’t keep my mind in check around dumdum over there.” Emmett’s voice was so low that we only heard him because we were this close and that’s including the super bat hearing thing.

I sighed to myself, what could be so fucking huge that she would freak like that or for Emmett to not be able to not think about it. It must be something either really good or really bad… Or something.. I pulled my hair slightly as I thought. What could it be?

Emmett’s P.O.V.:

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!...

“Shut up with the stupid! For fucks sake Emmett get a fucking grip or get your fat ass away from me, so there might be a chance I don’t get a fucking migraine…” I snapped my attention to Edward. I had been thinking of the word stupid for the past.. What an hour? So I could understand why Edward would snap at me. But I’m so stupid for messing this up.

“Is there anything I can do to fix this mess or something?” Edward looked at me a bit shocked, but covered it up quickly. Before getting his constipated thinking face on.

“I don’t know Emmett, I really don’t know.” I sighed heavily at that, before the bell rang. Okay maybe I had been mentally beating myself for a bit more than an hour. What seemed like five seconds later we were home, but instead of going inside like the others, I walked into the forest, no destination in mind, just wanted to get away from it all.

The sun was going down as I approached a clearing in the forest. I finally really looked where I was and found that I was near the Swan residents. I was about to turn around to go home, when a simple melody caught my ear. I sneaked up to the edge of the clearing, even more quietly then a vampire ninja.

Almost precisely in the middle in the small grass clearing, sat Emily with her guitar in her lap her fingers gliding over the strings playing a simple yet beautiful melody. I leaned into the tree I was standing by and closed my eyes as I listened to the music, feeling at complete peace for a moment. I quietly moved from my position into the clearing as she finished the melody, sighing as I went.

“..Emily..?” It came out, just above a whisper, but she could still hear me. I looked at her for any reaction at all. But all she did was sigh sadly.

“I didn’t mean to Em, I really didn’t. This is the first time I’ve ever slipped up with anything you’ve ever told me and that is actually a lot if you think about it… this.. This whole element thing.. It’s huge and I’m sorry I couldn’t control my thoughts this once. But that’s just the thing, it’s a way bigger thing than normal and honestly you should have known too that I wouldn’t just be able to not think about it.. I’m not blaming you, far from it. But I’m only a man and I messed up…” I sighed heavily stopping my rant, looking at Emily once again.

“Do they all know now?” the question barely passed her lips in such an airily way that I barely heard her question.

“I honestly don’t know, I have been too busy feeling like crap today, but as far as I know, which isn’t that much, than no they don’t.” I sighed, I truly honestly didn’t know if Edward had told everyone else yet or what was going down at home. I walked over to where she was still sitting and gently sat down in India style beside her.

“Can we please be friends again? How else am I supposed to survive English AP this year? I need my partner in crime.” I looked down at my hands in my lap, when I couldn’t get eye contact with her. She sighed a little, before gently taking my hand in hers, giving it a tiny squeeze.

“I guess I’ll need my crime rider to get through English.” I looked at her surprised, a small smile playing on her full lips as she watched me. I could feel my grin taking over my face as I gave her a big human friendly hug.

We pulled away from the hug and did our long handshake, before exclaiming “CRIME RIDERS!” I got my friend back.

Meanwhile back at Cullen Manor

Third P.O.V.:


“Has Emmett been back at any point yet?” Edward’s voice broke through the quietness of the house. Jasper, Alice, James, Rosalie and Edward had been sitting in the kitchen for quite some time now, waiting for Emmett to come back home.

“You know he hasn’t, come one Edward just tell us, as things are right now it’s going to affect us all at some point I’m sure..” Rosalie stated calmly as her eyes locked onto Jasper’s form. Jasper himself didn’t notice however since he is too lost in his thoughts and have been for a while now. Things were very quiet in the house, but as Edward was about to open his mouth the roar of Carlisle’s car could be heard, before it came to a swift stop.

It wasn’t long after that the sounds of a giggling Carlisle and Delilah could be heard, even from the groups position in the kitchen. They looked at each other as they nodded their heads and collectively moved their meeting down to the creek, out of hearing range of the house.

In the house Delilah and Carlisle had stumble their way up the steps and into Carlisle’s room, kissing each other every chance they got. The door was quickly shut and locked behind them as they started fumbling to get each other out of their clothing.

Carlisle’s lips attached themselves to her throat as she peeled off his shirt and moaned out his name. They stumbled across the room and over to his newly required bed. Their lips reattached themselves to each other’s as their hands started exploring the others body.

Meanwhile at the creek, the group had settled down in a circle. They looked around at each other, all of them trying to keep their thoughts from what was happening at their house right now.

“It seems like I was right about things after all, now spill!” Rosalie stated smugly as she looked at Edward, triumph clear in her posture and facial expression. Edward sighed heavily in defeat. He knew that it would affect the family, but it also didn’t feel right to tell them. After all it wasn’t really his secret to tell.

“I don’t think I can do that Rosalie, it’s not my secret to tell...” Rosalie’s smug expression was exchanged with a frown turned glare. Everyone else looked at each other silently contemplating his words as Edward sat quietly, looking at his hands in his lap. Jasper’s sigh caught everyone’s attention as he took in a breath.

“Edward, I know this isn’t the ideal situation for us to get this information. But this is already affecting our family in a big way. I think we all deserve to know just what we’re getting into..” Jasper’s voice was calm and collected, as he pronounced every word with a tone that was mild yet commanding.

Edward looked around getting a quick read on everyone’s thoughts before he returned to his own. He knew this already and he knew Jasper was right. He just hoped that his next move wouldn’t come with unforeseen consequences. Sighing in defeat, he found a spot on a tree to stare at.

“It’s a long story and I’m not sure I know all of it. Also this will not be anything you will have thought of or seen coming. I didn’t even know of it before I heard it in Emmett’s mind.” Edward looked at the others as they made gestures for him to continue. He sighed once more before starting again.

“Delilah, Emily and Christina are adopted. Renee and Charlie adopted them around the same time that Bella was born. The three of them are biological sisters and have been shipped a lot around before the Swan’s, never once separating which Is very strange in itself. They don’t know who their real parents are and never have..” Edward looked down at his hands, collecting his thoughts once more. This was hard on him and the rest of the group knew it.

Edward wasn’t the type to do things like these if he saw another way. He was a gentleman through and through in his behaviour, something that had yet to fail from his upbringing in his human life. Edward closed his eyes and breathed deeply in and out, before starting once more.

“Delilah, Emily and Christina.. they.. they.. they aren’t completely human..” he inhaled deeply as the others looked between each other taking in the information they were being given.

“I think the best way to describe them is witches, but instead of magic tricks they have control over the elements. Delilah has the power over earth, Emily over fire, Christina over water and they all share the power over the wind. It’s apparently not just powers, but somehow a part of who and what they are…” Jasper’s eyes widened just the slightest as he drank in every word to come past Edward’s lips.

“Emily said something else too, she told Emmett why they decided to come here… the full reason. It wasn’t just that they were worried about her. Apparently they have other instincts as well. These instincts said that Bella might be in possible danger, so they packed up their lives and came here..”

You could hear the faint touch of his pain at the end of his speech. Edward was always worried about Bella’s safety, so knowing why they came here was both a delight and a terror for him. There were more people to keep her safe, but the help came because she was already in potential danger and he knew that he was that danger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the hold up on this, but on the bright side I now have a new PC, so hopefully updates will be a bit more closer together.

Anyways, I would like to thank xBelekinax for being awesome and helping me get some inspiration for my writing. So if you have time go give xBelekinax some love and while you're at it. Check out her Sherlock Holmes story, "Bonds of time". It's not that long yet, but it's good! :D

Tell me what you think, PLEASE!