Its Not A Fashion Statement

Chapter Two: This Mirror Isn't Big Enough

Its Not A Fashion Statement

Chapter Two: This Mirror Isn’t Big Enough

“Looks like the P.A. is here.”

“Haha, yeah, I guess.”

“Damn, that car is really yellow.”

He pulled in next to the car the bright car and put his own car into park. The weather had lightened up and it was no longer raining.

The three of them each grabbed a bag of food and walked into their humble abode.

“We’re home!” He yelled as closed the door with a swift kick of his foot.

“We’re in the kitchen!” The three of them quickly placed the giant paper bags on the counter. Mikey placed his coffee down and was instantly attracted to the ‘presents’. Frankie was standing opposite of a girl who seemed to be happily emerged in the yogurt she was eating.

“You-?”

“Yeah, name’s Olivia, Olivia Lewis. Pleasure.”

“Gerard Way, this is Ray Toro and Bob Bryar. I see you’ve met my brother Mikey, and Frank.”

“Yeah. You need help with that?”

“Nah, we got it.”

“Whoops, I’m vibrating again.” He watched as she quickly answered her phone, throwing her empty yogurt cup in the trash and her spoon in the sink in the process.

“Hey babe.” The rest of the conversation was vague as she left the room.

“Dude, she is so effing weird.”

“You’ve only just met her, how bad can she be?” Gerard placed a gallon of milk in the fridge and closed the door.

“I don’t know, I just don’t like her.”

“Yeah, she seems a bit like an oddball, but we should give her a chance, week tops and if we don’t like her we’ll tell her its just not working out.”

They seemed to agree with Ray with either a slight grunt or a simple nod.

“Wonder what she’s talking about.” Frank smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.

“Go ahead, Its our house.” He smiled and tip toed across the kitchen and into the living room.

“ . . . .No Jim, I don’t know if I can do this. In fact, I don’t even want to do this. Can’t you switch me out or something? . . . . .I know I owe you, but this isn’t what I had in mind . . . .Alright, one week. That’s it . . . . .Pfft, whatever. . . .Yeah, talk to you later . . .buh bye.”

He heard her clap her phone shut and grumble something under her breath as he quickly tip toed back into the kitchen.

“Yeah, she hates us.”

Bob laughed a bit. Mikey continued to trace the rim of his coffee cup with his finger. Ray twisted his hair into knots. Gerard continued to put groceries away. They all stopped at the sound of Olivia coming back into the kitchen.

And then there was that awkward silence again.

“You haven’t even been here two hours and you’re telling your boss you hate us?”

“Mikey!”

“It’s true! We haven’t done anything to her and she’s already complaining!”

“Eves dropping would defiantly count as something.” She narrowed her yes at the bassist.

He glared at her and stomped out of the room.

She heard a faint ‘shut up’ as an upstairs’ door closed.

“I don’t hate you. I just don’t think I can handle the job. To tell you the truth, I didn’t think I would get it.” She gave a light chuckle and began to fiddle with her phone.

“Why don’t you just stay for a week or two and if you don’t like it, I mean, you can leave?” She continued to closed and opened her phone.

Open.

Close.

Open.

Close.

“Yeah, that could work.”

Open.

Close.

Open.

Close.

“What’s your all’s schedule? Any photo shoots? Apperiences?”

“I think we have a photo shoot Thursday-ish. We’ll have to check with Brian.”

“Alright. Well. I’m going to safari around the house.”

“Safari?! I love safaris! Can I come?”

“Sure?” Gerard, Bob, and Ray watched as the two linked arms and paraded (meaning Frank pulling Olivia from room to room) around the house. Gerard opened up the freezer and fridge, then the cabinets.

“Do we have any vodka?”

“Not now. Why?”

He shrugged and closed the cabinet door. Ss with his belt loops around his hips. “I might want some later. That’s all. Gotta craving, you know?”

Bob sighed and walked out of the kitchen why Ray just rolled his eyes.

“What?”

“So how did you know there was a bathroom upstairs?”

“Since when isn’t there a bathroom upstairs?”

“Yeah, I guess that’s true.”

“Why do you have girls underwear?”

Frank smirked and gave a chuckle.

“It was a birthday prank.”

“I don’t want to know anymore.”

“Yeah, I figured.”

She rolled her eyes and stretched across the couch.

“So what do you all do besides play music? I mean, that’s not all you do is it?”

“Nah, we go out o the bars and stuff, goof off, you know?”

“Oh.”

God. This is what she getting herself into? She sighed and pulled a pillow over her face.

“You know, you can’t live out of my clothes for three days.”

“Could too.” Her voice was muffled by the pillow

“Let’s go shopping!”

She instantly sat up and dropped the pillow. “I have clothes. Just not here. I can’t afford anymore.”

“Then we’ll pay for it! It’ll be fun! Stay here while I go tell everybody.”

“Wait! No!” She tried to reach for the over-active guitarist but ended up falling onto the carpeted floor.

“I hate you.”