Status: One-shot for a Contest. (:

Nothing's going to make me stop loving you.

1 of 1

Joel's P.O.V

I sighed quietly as I looked at her from across the room. She was the love of my life; the only one I ever wanted. It almost broke my heart when I saw her with other guys. My mind was telling me to leave her alone, but my heart said other wise.

When the bell rang signaling the end of the day, I made my way over to her.

“Can we talk?” I asked her softly.

She looked at me with pain in her bright blue eyes. She sighed quietly but nodded, none the less. I grabbed her arm slightly and left the school through the back way.

When we got outside, she immediately leaned back on the brick wall.

“Joel, what do you want?” She asked without looking up.

I took in a deep breathe before confessing my deepest secret.

“Macy, I love you.” I breathed out.

She shook her head lightly before looking up, her blue orbs meeting my green ones.

“Joel, what we had, It was great, yeah. But, I'm over you.” She confessed.

She shrugged her thin shoulders before looking back at the ground. Her blonde hair falling over her shoulder slightly.

“How am I supposed to know that? You never told me, you just stopped talking to me. You started ignoring my calls. Macy, I gave up everything for you and you expect me to just stop loving you?” I questioned, baffled.

When she didn't give me an answer, I sighed, aggravated.

“I fought so hard to forget you. I tried to convince myself that I didn't love you, I was in so much denial.” I whispered almost in audibly.

She looked up, her eyes moist from the tears. Instantly, I wrapped my arms around her frail frame and brought her close to me.

“Macy, I know when we were together I acted like a fool, but now that your gone I'm like a match that's burning out.” I smirked slightly.

I felt her shake with a chuckle at my corny lines.

“I should have treated you better, like I promised.” I whispered.

She looked up at me, a smile tugging at the corner of her full, pink lips.

“I never stopped loving you, Joel.” She whispered, her hand touching my brown hair lightly.

My brow furrowed in attempt to understand.

“If you still love me, then why'd you ignore me?”

Fear flashed through her eyes before she looked back down.

“I did something bad. I didn't think you'd love me after that.” She breathed out.

I shook my head even though she couldn't see it.

“Macy, nothing could get me to stop loving you.”

I placed both hands on either side of her face and looked deep into her eyes.

“You can tell me.” I whispered.

She took a deep, shuddery breathe.

“When you dropped me off that night, my dad was drunk. He hit me, demanding I tell him why I stayed out so late. He kept getting rougher until I finally snapped. I pushed him and he landed on top of the glass cabinet. I didn't think he was hurt that badly, but I called the police and he died right when the ambulance got there. They said it was alcohol poisoning and a piece of glass had stabbed him in the heart, through the back.”

She looked up at me and quickly wiped away her tears before continuing.

“It was like a crime scene. With the yellow tape, chalk lines, and everything. I told them about how he hits me and how it was an accident, so I didn't get accused of murder. But It was horrible. Joel, I killed my father.”

I wrapped my arms tighter around her and shook my head.

“Macy, It was an accident. You didn't mean for it to happen. I still love you, with all of my heart.” I smiled reassuringly at her.

“I still love you too, Joel.” She smiled at me through her tears.

From that moment on, I knew that I loved Macy and nothing could get me to stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Macy
Joel