Leaving It All Behind

Glow

Image
It had been three days since Ainsley had last seen Cael. 
She was determined to not let his truth bother her, but it did. 
At 7am on Thursday, Ainsley arrived at her Ancient Civilizations lecture. Her professor rambled on about the Incas, making note on their intricate illustrations and their possible meanings. Ainsley turned her head to stretch her neck, and caught the sight of a man looking at her. She knew it was absurd, but the thought she caught him sniffing the air around her. Odd. He smiled at her, and continued to pay attention to the lecture. When she walked out of the classroom, the man grabbed her arm gently and pulled her off to the side.
"Where is he?" He asked her desperatly.
"He who?"
"The angel, his scent is all over you." The man sniffed her again for good measure.
"What do you want with him?" Ainsley barely knew Cael, but she would not lead a random stranger to him, who might possibly harm him.
"Oh don't worry, I couldn't hurt him if I  tried, I'm only a Theta werewolf." Only? This man must be joking, Ainsley just stared at him.
"Look, I know you know who I'm talking about. My name is Alex. My wife really needs his help. Please" He looked honest. Concerned for his wife. Ainsley had no idea how Cael could help this woman, but she gave the man her adress and told him to arrive in an hour. He quickly thanked her and hurried off, looking exstatic. Ainsley smiled to herself and raced to catch the bus.
———
"Cael! I need to speak with you!" Ainsley yelled into the house, setting down her keys and walking into the kitchen.
Cael strode out of his suite in a crisp linnen shirt that was rolled up to his elbows, and jeans that held him nicely, too nicely.
"Yes?" He lifted an inquisitive eyebrow at her.
"Well, I was minding my own business in class, when suddenly a werewolf starts sniffing me and telling me he needs to see you." Cael looked to her suspiciously.
"And how exactly did he know you knew me?"
"He said he could smell you on me, guess
I'll have to watch what I touch around here." Secretly, she got butterflies in her stomach thinking about his smell.
"And what did he need of me?"
"Something about his wife, they should be here soon." Cael slapped himself on the forehead. 
"You should have consulted me prior to inviting them into our home." 
"Well, he didn't seem all that interested in me, and if he tries to bite you, you can just fly away. We'll leave the window open!" Ainsley chuckled lightly. Cael gave her a 'very funny' look.
Right as he was about to warn her on some dangers, a knock came at the door.
When Ainsley opened the door, the man and a petite but bloated woman stood in her doorway.
"I cannot thank you enought for this." The man said earnetly.
"Don't thank me, I have no idea whats going on."
She led them into her living room, where they proceded to bow infront of Cael. Again, odd.
"I cannot promise it will work, but I will grant them a fighting chance." Whos them? 
Ainsley suddenly realized why the woman looked so bloated; she was pregnant. 
The man went over to the couch to sit down, while the woman lay down on the floor. 
Cael removed his shirt, undoing each button slowly, keeping eye contact with Ainsley the entire time. He turned around, giving her a view of his broad muscular back. As if by magic, or some other great mistical force, wings erupted from his back, tearing his flesh. It looked extremely painful, but he did not flinch. Ainsley was in awe at the sight before her, then she let out a faint gasp as he turned to face her and the woman on the ground.
He began to glow, a soft yellow. He raised his arms halfway up and started chanting in a language that sounded familiar, but she didn't understand.
Cael got brighter and brighter. He then got on his knees, liften the woman's shirt, and placed his palms against her stomach.
The woman began to cry out in pain. Getting louder with every moment, but Cael just kept on chanting.