Status: happy birthday max<3 :]

Max

Hello, Stranger

I sat on my couch, the laptop sitting neatly beside me. "Only one more hour until I leave," I said to myself. I was waiting for Tyler's phone call to give me some information.

As if on que, my phone rang. "Tyler? Hey."

"Hi, Tamsin. Listen, I can't come with you to get Max. My parents are on my back about my grades." His voice sounded so sincere that I wanted to believe him, but I just couldn't.

"Yeah, okay. Just give me a call later tonight."

"Okay, will do. I love you."

"Love you, too." With that, I hung up the cell phone and glanced at the time. I sighed, seeing that there was still another 45 minutes left until I had to leave. I picked up the closest magazine and skimmed through the pages slowly.

When I put the magazine down, I had about 10 minutes left. "Oh, it's close enough." I ran outside and quickly got into my jet black Prius. "Okay. About 40 minutes to get to the airport. His flight gets in at 4:30, 1 hour and 15 minutes from now." I kept on rambling to myself, wishing there was someone there to listen to me. I finally stopped after awhile. turning on 106.9 WCCC.

I waited out the commercials until I heard a familiar voice. "I'm sorry, for the demon I've become. You should be sorry, for the angel you are not." I continued singing until it ended. I mumbled, pressing the number 5 button on the CD player.

I waited a minute, before letting out a small laugh.

"Oh, this does bring back memories. I'll have to wait to listen to this when Max is in the car." I pressed the number 2 button and was content when Suicide Silence filled the car with its screaming.

"Seconds from the end, what's it gonna be? Pull the trigger, bitch!" I rocked along to their music until I began to near the airport. By now, my body was shaking with excitement and I turned the music up more to distract my thoughts. Just then, my phone rang.

"Hey, Tamsin. My flight just got in so I should be out in 10 minutes."

I smiled. "Okay. I'm pulling in right now so I'll be there in about 5 minutes."

"Okay, Tammy." He hung up the phone and I pulled into a tight parking spot, turning off the engine and grabbing my purse. I raced across the intersection and into the building.

"Alright, Tamsin. 10 more minutes or so." I took a seat by the gate and pulled out my iPhone, going to my Facebook app.

All of a sudden, I heard my name. I looked over to my left and saw Max standing at the gate, a wide smile plastered on his face. "Tammy Skye!" I jumped up from my seat and ran at him.

"Max! I'm so happy to see you!" I jumped on him and hugged him tightly.

"I'm really happy to see you, too, Tammy." He set me back down on the ground and followed me to the car.

"So, on the way home, I have a surprise." I looked over at Max and smiled before opening the trunk to help pile in his luggage.

"Oh gosh. Knowing you, I doubt I'll be able to breathe by the time we get to your place." He got in the passenger's seat and I popped in a CD.

"Hey, skip ahead to track 2 on the CD for me." I started the car and began to back out of the parking space. As Max pushed the "skip" button, "Caribbean Blue" by Enya blasted through the speakers.

As soon as the song started, Max let out a loud laugh. Both of us broke into song as she started singing. "Eheheeeehhh meeeh iiihhh ahaaaaha nuuuu." We laughed loudly for the rest of the ride home.

"Okay, Max," I said, pulling into the driveway. "Well, let's go put your things in the house, then go out and grab some food."

"Whatever you want to do, Tammy." We ran up the stairs into the house and into my room. "Wow, nice place." He put his bags on my bed, before I grabbed his hand, running out to the front door.

We got in the car, heading down to Friendlys, Max making many pointless comments as we passed by stores.

When we got to Friendlys, we were taken to a small table and given our menus. We both picked pasta dishes and root beer for our drinks.

"So, Tammy. What are we going to do today?"

I looked outside, watching the sun become more distant. "Well, I think the day is pretty much over. Maybe we can just hang outside?"

Max smiled and nodded, focusing his attention to his straw wrapper. He crumpled it into a ball, before flicking it at me, hitting me square in the eye. I dropped to the floor.

"My eye! Oh my god, I think it's bleeding!" I watched from my good eye to see Max getting up, panic on his face.

"Tammy! Are you hurt bad?!"

I took my hand off my face, laughing. "Not at all." I smiled up at him before taking my seat again.

Our food got there 10 minutes later. I munched on the garlic bread with a loud, "Omnomnom!" People around us glared, most likely wishing we would leave.

When we finished, it was about 8. Hoping into the passenger seat, I tossed Max my keys. "If you crash this car, I'm going to kill you."

"Don't worry, I will." He flashed a smile, laughing at my horrified face.

Even with my fear, I trusted him to drive us home safely, which he did. We hopped out of the car and I planted myself in the middle of the driveway.

"Want to look at the stars? I haven't looked for Maddy's star in awhile."

"Sure, Tammy." He sat down beside me, looking up at the bright stars.

I pointed up to the brightest star I could see. "There. I think that's hers." I began to tear up, memories of her flooding my thoughts.

"Awh, Tammy. You know, she must be super proud of you and everything you've accomplished so far." Max hugged me tightly.

"Thanks, Max. Thanks for everything."
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo I wrote this for my bestie's 16th birthday. I know it's not my best, but I was on a tight schedule. I love you Max. Happy Birthday :]