Status: AwEsOmEnEsS!i!i!

Long Journey Ahead

Baseball

Well, years have passed. I know I'm sort of skipping to the future, but that time of 6th grade was boring. Nothing really changed, except that I still had a huge crush on Zacky, and that I was still friends with Matt, Brian, and Jimmy.

It has been great. I just gratuated the 8th grade and summer has started. It's almost been 2 years, since me and Zacky's first meeting. I am still so head-over heels in love with him. It can be akward at times, but oh well.

Zacky and I were outside drinking coca-cola when SHE came along. Oh, I must of failed to mention about HER. Zacky was dating some skanky girl I absolutely hated, named Heather. I have never liked her, and she never liked me, but apparently her and Zacky like each other. I just hid the hatred of her as Zacky kissed her on the cheek as she came to greet us.

"Miss me, baby?" Heather said. I just rolled my eyes.

"Of course, babe." Zacky said. I just couldn't stand watching them together. It literally broke my heart. I had to find some excuse to get out of this situation.

"Um. I guess I'll leave you two to be alone." I said trying not to show how much it hurt being around them.

"Actually I was just about to go to baseball practice. If you want to come, You're surely welcome Katy." I just thought about it.

"Uh....maybe. I don't know if I can." That's when Zacky gave me the puppy dog pouty face. I could not say no to that face. He looked so cute when he begged.

"I'll have to check with my mom on that Zacky." I said sighing.

"Baby, I gotta go to cheerleading practice. Love ya." Heather said.

"Ok, love ya too babe." Heather finally left.

"So....are you gonna check in with your mom on coming?" Zacky said. I of course wanted to come now. I thought that for surely Heather was gonna stick around.

"Yeah. Let me go inside and ask."

I knew that my mom would say yes, and I was right. I was now excited, because Heather was gone and I would get to see Zacky in baseball action. I was so proud, because not that many oncoming freshmen make the baseball team that are actually really good.

I was just on the bleachers watching Zacky practice in awe. I guess I was in a daze, because someone tapped on my shoulder. I quickly turned and acted like nothing.

"So....You must have a thing for Zee, huh?" It was of course, Jimmy. Just Great. "Uhhh..-" "Save it. I already know by the way you look at him."

"Fine...Yeah. I do. Always have....promise you won't tell." He just laughed as I stared at him blankly.

"I've known since day one. Your secret is safe with me."

"Good..." I started.

"Yeah, I hate Heather too." Jimmy added.

"Yeah...obviously I'm jealous of her." he just laughed.

"Hun, it's passed obvious" I just blushed as Zacky ran towards us from the field, because his practice was over.

"Hey hey. How are you?" Zacky greeted us.

"Good. I bet you're sweaty." I said with a wink. Of course, Jimmy was watching with amusement.

"Yep. All sweatyyyyy". We just all laughed. Me and Zacky gave Jimmy a hug and we headed off to his mom's awaiting car.

"How was practice Zachary?" Zacky's mom asked as we got into the car.

"Oh my gosh, it was awesome. I fit in with the time and everyone likes me. I'm one of the best players on the team too. They're gonna put me on 1st base. I'm so excited for this season!!" Zacky exclaimed out of breath.

"Well that's good honey. So how are you Mrs. Katy?" I was staring at Zacky. He looked really hot when he was sweaty.

"Uh, I'm good. How are you?" whew! good cover.

"Oh, I'm great. I'm so glad you could go to support Zacky."

"Oh it's no problem. He is my best friend." I said smiling at Zacky. I think I saw him...blush? Maybe I'm just losing my mind.

Why would Zacky blush at MY comments? I know for a fact, that he doesn't like me more than a friend. I am losing my mind, I know. Wait. What if...I wasn't. Nah. I am totally losing it.

So, Zacky's mom pulls into their driveway.

"Oh, Katy, I forgot to tell you!!" Zacky's mom exclaimed.

"Your mom told me that her and Taylor left for some weekend trip. She said that you can stay at our place, until they get back."

"Um, ok. I just need to get some clo-"

"Oh, she already dropped some clothes off for you. Don't worry, sweetie. You'll probably have to share a room with Zacky, because we don't have enough space. You understand, right?" I blushed then.

"Yeah..."