‹ Prequel: 2nd Intermissions
Status: Completed! Please comment! <3

Blue Paint & Red Lights

Olet hullu

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you!" Angelina sang to Troy, her husband, in public, surrounded by fans. To said fans, it must have looked like quite a scene- a crazed woman singing to her favorite player and her two friends laying down the sweet beats behind her.
It was just the mood of the night, I guess- allowing us all to be a little goofy and have a little fun, because the rest of the players had begun to mess around with their teammates, embarrassing them in front of the crowds that had come to see them.
Even the Coach, who was in attendance had some fun with his charges. It was a fantastic atmosphere for a light-hearted night and we all felt it on the cool ice of the rink.
"PK is next." I stated, looking at Karolina.
"What are we going to do?" Angelina still had a big smile on her face from serenading Troy.
"You know what?" Karolina said, looking over at the large group surrounding Patrick. "I think I'll do it later."
I started to laugh and she asked, "What?"
"Do what exactly?" I couldn't help but continue to laugh.
"Oh shut up, get your mind out of the gutter, will you?" Karolina threw her arms up.
"You and Patrick haven't done the dirty yet, have you?" Angelina inquired, skating closer to her.
"What is this!? The Spanish Inquisition?" Karolina's face turned a bright red despite her attempt to diffuse the situation. Angelina and I just giggled.

I was home before Antti's car could find a parking spot and I quickly dropped my jacket and bag on the dark wooden top of the dining room table. The apartment had a heavy darkness to it as I stealthily made my way into the bedroom without turning on any lights. I stifled a giggle when I heard Antti step into the apartment and call out, "Samantha...Come out, come out, wherever you are!"
I silently opened our closet door and stepped into it, closing it behind me with no more than a whisper of movement.
"Where are you?" He drew out the words and I could hear him touching the walls to feel his way around in the dark apartment he only inhabited during home stretches and breaks. I could feel the light touch of the clothes that shared the black space with me as I shoved the pad of my thumb into my mouth and bit down to prevent laughing or making noise.
"If I was a Samantha, where would I hide?" Antti's voice was just outside the closet door now and I held my breath, convinced it would assist me in hiding when all I really wanted to do was be caught.
"Would I be in here?" He whipped open the door and I could see sparse light from the street coming in the bedroom and illuminating his eyes. Before I could react, Antti grabbed me around the waist and picked me up.
I yelled and said, "Put me down, put me down!"
Eventually, he did put me down, down on our large bed. He untangled his arms from mine and stripped himself of the dress shirt he wore. Public relations must have taken the event jersey with them at the end of the night, leaving him in the light blue shirt he just shook from his shoulders.
I helped him pull the undershirt out from his dress pants and push it up over his head when I sat up on the bed.

"Was it fun, acting like a fan?" He questioned before he captured my lips with his in a clash of skin and teeth. I made a noise of agreement until he released me and then I replied, "But I am a fan. No acting needed. I mean- have you seen your highlight reel saves?" I barely was able to finish my sentence, Antti and either his modesty or hormones brought my lips to meet his halfway.
"No." He mumbled out from inbetween feverish kisses. Antti pushed his rough palms against my sides and slid up my shirt, eager to rid me of it. I laughed when he finally released my lips long enough for him to pull the shirt over my head. I took the opportunity to say more, "And how could a girl resist you in those sexy goalie pads? Those acrobatic saves in those smokin' hot chest protectors and ironing boards for leg pads are like- daaaaaaaaamn, boy!" I laughed and I heard Antti growl.
"Olet hullu, mutta minä rakastan sinua." The Finnish was mumbled against my neck where his lips now paid attention to, moving down inbetween kisses. I recognized the end of the sentence and it never failed to make me blush.
"I love you too, but what does 'olet hullu' mean?" I asked, surprised I still had cohearant thought during Antti's ministrations.

I didn't see or hear the smile so much as I felt it against my torso.
"You're crazy."

-----

"It's not fair." Antti whined.
"Sometimes life isn't fair." I kissed his bare forehead and brushed the thin hair back.
"It's about time it starts being fair to me." He argued, pressing his scalp into my hand. I obliged him and began to massage it gently with my fingertips.
"Hmmm." Antti made the noise so low it was almost sexual.
The Blackhawks were playing the Red Wings tomorrow at noon and Antti was supposed to leave for the airport eight minutes ago. I stopped the movement with my hand and cupped his face. He sat on the edge of the bed with me standing in front of him.
I leaned down to kiss him and he went to deepen it. I pulled back and looked him in his ice blue husky eyes.
"Not now. You're supposed to be gone already, Antti. Maybe when you get home."
He sighed and nodded before he stood up, towering over me.
"Christmas is soon, will we go look for puppies when I come come?"
"Maybe." I smiled up at him and walked him to the door.
"Love you and see you soon." Antti said before he started down the two flights of stairs.
"Love you too!" I closed the door and leaned my back against it. Days always seemed to go a lot slower without Antti in the apartment. My feet brought me from the hardwood floors into the linoleum of the kitchen and my hands reached lovingly for my coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO FREAKING SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG.
</apology>
Anyway, after this chapter, the climax will soon be approaching and that means- THE END OF THE STORY.
Soon-ish. Which means awhile, because softball and school are totally consuming my time.

There are two ways to end this story:
1) Sad ending, but a short sequel will make it a happy ending.
2) Happy ending, no sequel.

CHOOSE WISELY, PEOPLE.

Thank you all for being so freaking reliable and sticking through this with me. I'm so sorry it's taking so long to update.

Oh, I updated 'One Shot'- to Karolina's dismay. Check it out.
And oh hey- I just thought I'd let you guys know that I caught a softball with my face the day before I got my license. So my picture is ridiculous because I have a bloody, swollen lip.

OH I LOVE YOU GUYS. COMMENTS are AWESOME and help me write quicker, I promise!