‹ Prequel: 2nd Intermissions
Status: Completed! Please comment! <3

Blue Paint & Red Lights

Antti-social

"Antti, please come with?" I begged him.
The problem with being married to Antti Niemi, is that the stubborn bastard was anti-social. I loved him and I loved how cute and shy he was, but Antti hung around with who he hung around with. He had his friends, and I had mine- but dammit, they play for the same team.
"Tomas will be there, please come?" I tried again, tugging on his arm.
I had gotten a call from Adam, (Sharp was yelling in the background) inviting me to their Call of Duty competition. Versteeg was hosting the event in his basement and everyone was invited. I had to ask him the all-important question, "Xbox or PS3?"
Adam remembered that I was a Play Station girl obviously because his reply was, "Doc, really? You know it's PS3 with these Canucks." Adam had started using the universal nickname for me with the guys and it made things less awkward. I agreed to come, eager to try out my skills.
"I can't play with the PS3 controllers." Antti retorted.
"Antti, darling, husband, babe, neither can Skille or Adam, but nonetheless, they will come. Even if they are Xbox lovers. Please please please?" I tried my hand at boo-boo eyes and finally, Antti cracked.
We crawled out of bed and I quickly got dressed in some jeans and a flowy light blue shirt with a lacy tank underneath.
I encouraged Antti to get dressed and pushed him into the car.
"I don't know where Versteeg lives. You have to drive." I told him, smiling and sitting in the passenger seat.

"Hey Antti!" The guys called when we stepped down the stairs into the large basement of Kris Versteeg.
"You made it!" Even some of Antti's teammates were surprised he came. He was extremely anti-social and I made it my duty to force him to socialize with the men he worked with.
Normally, after I forced him to a gathering, he enjoys himself immensely. This was no exception. He left my side and found Tomas in the corner with a beer.
I walked over to the large 'L' shaped sectional and greeted the guys. "When do I play?"
"We're drawing up a chart real fast, hold on." Said the young captain, Jonathan Toews from his position on the end of the sofa, clipboard and pencil in hand.
I chuckled and reached for a box of junior mints that sat on the coffee table. Duncan Keith reached at the same time and grabbed my wrist. "Whoa there doctor, those are mine."
I took back my hand and looked at him funny. Campbell spoke up with, "Jigsaw, lay off! Share the candy with the doctor."
As if things couldn't get more ridiculous, Kane yells from the other side of the couch, "What do you want?"
"No, not you, doc. The doc." Campbell attempted to clarify. Patrick just sighed and shook his head.
"You gonna share, Duncs?" I asked him, crossing my arms and sitting back.
"Yeah, sure, fine."
And so the tournament was on it's way. I was quickly bumped out of the standings, getting annihilated by Joe Fallon. I glanced over at Antti after I put down the controller and he was still chatting away with Tomas. I smiled and sat down next to him, grabbing a pepsi beforehand. The conversation was quick and I decided against trying to join it. Thankfully, Patrick Kane saved me from silence by sitting next to me.
"Hey, I need to ask you about-"
I quickly interrupted him, "Karolina?" He looked nervous so I thought it'd be nice to help him out. The two still weren't dating, but were spending more and more time together. It was inevitable.
"Yeah, uh- I know you're her friend and all, but technically you were my doctor first, so that entitles me to the 'bros before hos' saying."
"I'm a 'bro'?" I asked him, clearly not understanding where the conversation was headed.
"No shit! Come on, doc, I just need to know." Patrick looked like a teenager, clenching and unclenching his fists.
"Alright, ask away." I settled, taking a sip of my pepsi.
"Is she leading me on?" The question caught me off guard and I choked on my drink. Antti turned around and patted me on the back lightly, like he was afraid to hurt me.
"It's okay, I'm fine. Thank you." I told him, and he placed a kiss on my forehead before going back to his conversation. Ah, married life.
"20 cent, dog, I was expecting something like, 'does she like me' or something like that. Why the hell do you think she's leading you on?" I used the nickname I had given him when I was sick of having the same nickname as him. I don't really care much about it now, just glad that I still have one- it means I'm still part of the family.
"Well?" He just sat there, patient for my answer. "I know she likes me, or else she wouldn't hang out with me so much, but I flirt with her and stuff, and then I see her with Hos. What's with that?"
I chuckled a little at the mention of Marian. "He's no threat to you, trust me. She only has eyes for you, dear PK." I laughed, ruffling his hair. "Get a haircut." I added.

When we left, Antti was glad that I forced him to come. By the end of the night, he was in a group of men, Marian, Jack Skille, Niklas, and Adam, all acting like stupid teenagers and prank calling other teams. I wondered over there and when I found out what they were doing I laughed so hard I had a cramp in my side.

On the car ride home, I asked Antti, "What do you want for Christmas?" Even if it was a month away, I still needed to know.
"A puppy."
I saw the opportunity in this. "Only if you go out and have fun with the guys over the circus trip, kay?" He made a right turn onto our street and was silent.
"Alright fine. I want a rescue dog though, not from a breeder."
I smiled widely and replied, "Of course. I wouldn't have it any other way."
♠ ♠ ♠
Heh. I love the chapter title. I'm so easily amused.
I'd like to apologize first, though.
One) I'm sorry it took so damn long
Two) I'm sorry it's so damn short
Three) I'm sorry Karolina, but I have to.
Four) I'm sorry this isn't going to be as long as 2nd Intermissions.

So anyway, moving on from my groveling, March is going to be a slow month, as well as April. I'm starting softball and it's super serious with practices and our first game is an over-nighter in central Illinois, so it's gonna get crazy.

As always, I love you guys to death! Comment comment on the horrible filler that took forever YEAH! <3 <3