Don't Bet on it

Chapter Two

I'm not much of a well known person.

To be quite honest, I could fade into the background and nobody would realize who I was.

I wasn't a very talkative person; I kept to myself all the time due to my insecurity of people judging me. I let them judge me on how I look whether then what I like, what I eat, what I listen to, what I watch.

I had never even made friends besides a bubbly blond girl named Rabin that clung to my side like a fungal infection and would constantly ask me to go to the ice cream parlor across the street to get a scoop - and she would bride me with Neapolitan ice cream because she knew that was my favorite - but I wasn't a social butterfly neither did I want to go to a public area with a girl who probably was only friends with me because she felt sorry for me.

"You never do anything, Mitch," she said with a frown at lunch.

I shrugged, "So?"

She let out a sigh, "You are such a loner. It's no wonder you haven't dated anyone in years. Nobody wants to date a socially inept loser."

"Thanks for the compliment."

She sighed again.

I appreciated having a friend and not ending up as a complete loner but Rabin wasn't the ideal friend. She was bubbly, blond, and smacked gum so loud you swore that I would is going off right beside you.

"Do you have any plans this weekend?"

"Other then getting ice cream with you, no."

She frowned again, leaning closer to him and he could smell the mint on her bubblegum, "I have this cute girl I know. I could invite her for some ice cream with us. She likes Neapolitan too. You guys could share a scoop or two."

He let his eyes narrow on her, "Stop trying to hook me up with your friends."

"You're so lonely!"

"I like being alone!"

That was the end of the subject.