Status: Complete

Mystic Falls

MF14

“Damon!” Shouted Elena, her dark locks falling over her face as she rushed to wave her arms around Vada, attempting to help her. “What did you do to her?”

“Why does everyone always assume I'm the culprit?” Damon asked, a ghost of a smirk turning the corners of his mouth. He set Vada down on the couch his brother was pulling Elena away so Bonnie could tend to her her head, which seemed to be bleeding excessively.

“Because you usually are.”

The crimson liquid flowed onto Bonnie's hand and she gasped, realizing that as this particularly red bodily fluid ran freely, coating the furniture, the two vampires in the room were something to be worried about.

Stefan was led out of the room by a fearful Elena and Damon seemed unfazed, other than his fists which were clenched so unbearably tight that his short nails left deep red, and puckered crescent shaped scars in the palm of his hand.

“Damon get out of here.” Bonnie said, “The blood isn't clotting.”

Damon felt a certain duty to this fragile girl curled up on the couch, staining the expensive suede with the glorious liquid that drained from the gash in her head.

“I'm fine, Sabrina.” He drawled, sparing no time arguing with the witch. “This is my fault after all.”

Damon felt those last words leave his lips without his consent. They poured out, like word vomit. If there was one uncharacteristic thing that Damon Salvatore could say, it was something along the lines of what he'd just accidentally told Bonnie.

“Did you just-?” Bonnie started, but she stopped herself, knowing that his conversation was not hers to be having.

Bonnie ignored his presence, even though she had found that increasingly difficult, she worked diligently with the antiseptic and bandages.

Soon, she was done and exited the room. In Bonnie's opinion, the less time spent with Damon the better.

So, there Damon sat, alone in his solitude, ignorant to the reason why he felt so drawn to the dark haired beauty before him. Although, he was sure he had some idea why he felt the need to be around her, when she woke up and he could have sworn his still heart jump started and skipped a beat when she groaned and her eyes fluttered open, deep violet blue meeting coal black.