Status: Complete

Mystic Falls

MF23

Vada was beyond mad. Damon had faked his own death just to get a rise out of her.

After a particularly bloody and angry Damon slumped off the floor and made a couple of death threats they continued with their lesson, where Vada did in fact learn more about her vampire counterparts. She was still however fuming as she drove to the Salvatore Boarding House.

It was crossing a line when he made her think he was dead and she was responsible. Her heart felt like it was shattering, because of the guilt she would have felt for killing someone of course . . . even if it was Damon.

Vada had managed to shake off Damon tonight while he was out feeding, he had made it his person priority to follow her every waking minute. Vada was thinking it was more for his pleasure of seeing her angry and pissed off then it was because Stefan had asked him to keep an eye on her.

That's why the first second she knew Damon wasn't watching her she bolted to her car and sped off to where she knew Stefan would be.

Her knocks on the massive wooden door were fast and hard.

“Vada? Is everything alright?” He asked, looking around for any sign of trouble, his forehead creasing in confusion.

“No, not I am not.” Was her tight response.

“Come in.” He opened the door and she slid in, walking in front and leading the way to the study, she saw Elena waiting in a chair and didn't bother apologizing for what, obviously, seemed to be a romantic gathering. She figured it was obvious due to the rose pedal on the ground, champagne and crystal glasses.

“What's going on, Stefan?” Asked Elena, her eyes questioning.

“Listen, Stefan, I understand that you are concerned for my safety, and I appreciate that concern. But seriously, you should be more concerned for your brother because if I have to deal with him for another second I'm gonna stake him.” She breathed, counting to ten in her head because just thinking about Damon got her angry.

“Stefan, what is she talking about?” Asked Elena, seeming to be worried about my state of near insanity.

“I don't know, Elena.” He replied, and Vada did a double take.

“What do you mean you don't know?” She asked, “He told me that you were the one that asked him to watch me.”

“I did fear for your safety but no one can make Damon do something he doesn't want to. I didn't even suggest the idea.” He said, going to wrap his arms around Elena.

“So Damon wanted to help me?” Her eyebrows knitted together. “Those words together sound completely wrong.”

“Damon has grown close to you, Vada. I don't think he's spent so much time with anyone other than me the way you two have.” He said, kissing Elena's temple.

Seriously, did these two ever stop?

“I'm sure he considers you a friend.” He finished.

Vada drive home from seeing Elena and Stefan quite confused, Damon didn't do anything that wasn't for himself. So why was he helping her? Vada remembered Bonnie telling her that he had once used her to try and get into the Tomb, but Katherine was already out and he didn't seem interested in her at all. So what could he want?

Her phone rang in the cup holder of her car, starling her and making her swerve on the road.

“Hello?”

“Vada, this is your father.”

“Dad, I think I know you well enough that you don't need to tell me it's you every time.”

“Your brother is in the hospital.”

She dropped the phone and slammed on the breaks, a million thoughts going through her head.

Had Katherine gotten to him?

Would she turn him?

The passenger side door was opened and Damon hopped in.

“I saw the car swerve, snort a little too much crack?” He asked, masking his genuine concern with an attempt at sarcasm.

“My brothers been hurt.” She answered, slamming on the gas, doing a U-turn and speeding to the Mystic Falls Hospital.