‹ Prequel: Nature's Law
Status: Not going to be updated very frequently atm I'm afraid guys =)

Life in the Shadows

Chapter Six

Aurora was skipping down one of the main corridors in the Castle; if she was a red blood cell travelling round the body she would be in one of the arteries right now. Heading away from the heart and out to the grounds. Well, the door...to the front. And the realms outside the Castle, in particular the Human one. She was most intrigued with that realm, and how they never knew about such creatures as herself, which lived only past a mountain range, it was surprising really, how something so ‘smart’ could be so stupid. Of course, Aurora thought, Humans weren’t really that smart at all, they all had ideas, suspicions, speculations about her kind but none of them knew what they really were, none except for Lia, and she was trapped, basically held prisoner in the Castle grounds seeing as the Human people all thought of her as dead.
As she heaved open the massive front door she stumbled over something sitting, well lying, on the grey cobbled footstep. She looked down at the young man as he stood up, his head looking firmly at the ground, even though he was wearing black sunglasses.
Delos.

“What are you doing here?” she asked him, gently pulling the sunglasses off of his face, to reveal two scrunched up eyes. “Come on, open your eyes, we both know that you cannot kill me. We tested that earlier, if you remember correctly”
He muttered an almost incoherent response; “Doesn’t mean it can’t change”
“So, why are you?” she asked again, leading him into the parlour room, pulling the door too behind them.
“I told you when I last saw you; I am worried sick about this. What it’s doing to me. Why I ended up killing my sister. I always knew I was ‘different’. That there was something wrong with me. I had blue eyes, after all. Not even almost black-blue either. Bright blue eyes. I always asked my Mother why I had them. She didn’t know, nor did my Father. Then they had Rosette, ‘beautiful, perfect, brown eyed Rosette’” He spitefully quoted his parents whispered words. Words they had been sure that he hadn’t heard. He coughed a sort of laugh, which sounded hoarse and hollow. Evil and spiteful.
Aurora stood, staring at him. Waiting for him to finish.
“Then, a few months ago Mother was shouting at Father about me, again. He claimed I ‘couldn’t possibly’ be his. How she must have cheated on him, and he murdered her, there and then. I had to shield Rosette, she was 12. I couldn’t let her see that. I killed my father that night.....I killed him because of what he had said...what he did to my Mother. Killed him as a release to my rage. The rage I had kept bottled up for years....” he trailed off, thinking of what to say next, and how to phrase what he knew he must say I killed Rosette, too. I didn’t mean too, but I did.
He didn’t even have to say anything about Rosette, Aurora knew he had killed her with his eyes. She was the person he was so upset about earlier. It all fit.
“I am sorry” she whispered, pulling him into a tight hug.

The teenagers didn’t notice me, thought Keller as he walked away, his head buzzing with what he had just heard. It sounded as if they would make a good match in his mind. He didn’t know why, it just made sense. Like they were a song, and their words streamed together in a beautiful set of lyrics accompanied by the musical way Aurora laughed and the captivating effect this boy seemed to have on her.
Yes, he decided, they would go very well together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry about the length! DEFINATELY A FILLER! I know it has taken me forever to update but I just can't write this at the moment.
I have the ideas and all, I just can't write. If you get what I mean.
I also have another science GCSE coming up, so updates will be less frequent.
As I said very sorry, but I have designed a nice little contest for all of y'all to take a look at, and maybe enter? =)