Life's Not a Fairytale

The Other Girl

She stares out the window into her brokenhearted reflection. A tear streams down her cheek and splatters onto her denim jeans. She knows he isn't thinking of her, because he's with the other girl.

She wiped her tears and got down from her window seat, taking her tear drenched journal with her. She doesn't know why she waits for him, because he's never where he's supposed to be, but she does anyway. Her head is filled with denial. She refuses to believe he'll never love her, though she knows he never will. He's with someone else.

She puts on her coat and locks the door behind her, journal in hand. She always walks past his house, though he's never home. He's with her. She continues walking. She walks until her feet tire. She finds a spot to sit and draws in her journal. So many doodles and drawings of emotions spilled into that journal.

She stands and walks back home, passing his on the way. Still no sign of him. She slowly begins to wonder why she even bothers. His deep blue eyes and thick brunette hair so envious to her heart and soul. She lusts after his deep voice to say three words. 'I love you'. Oh how she wishes those three words would fall from his lips.

She slowly climbs the steps to her door and unlocks it. She takes off her coat and throws it on the couch. She sluggishly walks into her bedroom and crawls into her bed. She cradles her pillow in her arms and presses it firmly against her chin and cries herself to sleep. She dreams of one day with him. Just one day and she'll no longer be broken inside. Her fantasies make her lust more.

She awakes and is still cradling her tear drenched pillow. Her eyes red, swollen, and achy. She wishes he would hold her. Comfort her and tell her he's there for her. She slowly stands to her feet and gazes out the window. They walk hand in hand together. She finds herself unable to cry anymore so she only hums a whimper. Her hands tremble softly and knees grow weak. She turns away.

Such a degrading way to waste her life. She brought herself to reality, realizing she could never have him. She abandoned any thought of her lustful soul ever having his heart. He's with her, and she's with him. Together.

You were right when you said I wasn't the one for you. I was wrong to think so. Such a fool.