Status: idk, i just felt like writing.

One glance but it was life changing

My grand escape

So it was Saturday, the day of Sky’s party. How to go without Logan coming with me?? I had no idea. Logan told me he will be coming over so I won’t do anything stupid. I have my car outside, with the keys already in the igniter and the door unlocked just in case if I could go unnoticed. Alyssa came earlier to my house so I can help her out with her outfit. Mine was a sundress that was white with black roses at the bottom that went up to my knees and I put black leggings on and put on black sandals. Alyssa had a jeans skirt with a white tank top with a black vest over it, and heels.

I heard a knock at the door. So I went downstairs and opened it. Logan. He was wearing dark jeans with a white shirt on and a black leather jacket. I had to admit he looked sexy in that outfit.

“So are you gonna let me in or are you going to have me out here all day?” he said impatiently. I scowled.

“If it were up to me I’d have you out here all day long but you’d probably find a way in” I replied.

He rolled his eyes. So I stepped aside and held out my arm. He looked at me and went inside.

He looked around.

“Why are you looking around like you have never been in here before?” I asked.

“Well maybe cause this time I’m not looking for someone” he responded.

I shrugged.

“Well help yourself to anything, but don’t eat everything” I said.

He scowled.

“I’m not a pig, I have manners, I’m not a barbarian.”

I gasped.

“Really? I thought you were!” I said in fake shock.

He rolled his eyes.

I started going up the stairs, then I went inside my room.

I turned on my stereo which my I-pod was connected to.

“You’re a diamond, how I found you I still don’t know. Now I’ve got you and I’ll never let you go. If your heart is a pocket looking for some change, my heart makes lots of sense. Just stay quite, breath deep, breathe out, breathe slow. Don’t say a word, let our eyes speak, and they will tell you; I’m a fool with dreams with not alot of things. Swear that I will be all you need. Don’t give up on me, give me one more day to give this all away” started to play. “Fool with dreams” by Framing Hanley was playing. I love this song.

I started singing along with it as I was drawing. I was drawing music notes all over my sketchbook as I was lying on my bed.

“Not a bad singer from what I’m hearing” Logan said as I snapped my head up once I heard him speak. He was leaning on the door with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

I shrugged.

I got up and turned it off. I put my sketchbook away.

“Can I come in?” he asked.

I looked over at him and sighed.

“Sure, just sit anywhere” I said.

He decided to sit on my bed.

I sat on the floor across from him.

“I’m not going to bite. Here, just sit on the bed and I’ll sit on the floor” he said as he started getting up.

“No, it’s okay. If you haven’t noticed, there’s a couch and bean bags in my room, I just want to sit on the floor.”

He shrugged.

“Nice house” he said.

“Thanks” I responded. I noticed he had something in his hand.

“What do you have?” I asked.

He looked down.

“Oh, it’s a picture I saw in the office, and I wanted to ask you something about it” he said.

I held my hand out and he gave it to me. It was a picture of me as a little girl, a baby next to me, and another little boy around the same age as me. It looked like I was four in this picture. It was me, my little brother and Jacob.

“It’s a picture of me, my little brother Anthony, and Jacob” I explained.

He looked a little confused.

“You have a little brother?” he asked.

I sort of looked away.

“Used to” I whispered.

“What happened?”

“He died. He was barely one when he died, he died because a scorpion bit him when we went to Mexico to visit my family there” I explained. I felt tears forming in my eyes. My mom and dad barely talked about Anthony. It was strange how the scorpion got to his crib. Yeah, the windows were open, but that didn’t explain everything. My grandmother said there was a hole in a corner. I felt like I should have been there, even though I was only five years old.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and it was Logan. I wiped the tears before they fell.

“I’m sorry” he said with sympathy in his voice.

“It’s okay, not your fault” I said.

“But it isn’t your either” he said. I looked away. My parents said the same thing to me; they would repeat it every time I cried about it. But I always would think it. My parents told me to tell get them if he started crying. I heard him crying but I dismissed it because I thought he just wanted to be carried and I didn’t want to stop petting the puppies this man showed me. I would have gotten my parents as soon as I heard him cry, maybe the venom could have been taken out in time.

“Who’s this kid?” he asked pointing to Jacob.

I smiled. He was my best friend since I was little but my parents moved away to Florida. And I haven’t seen him since we moved.

“That’s Jacob, my old best friend since I was little. We would go to each others house all the time.”
“And then what happened?” he asked.

“My parents didn’t agree on something with his parents and wanted to move away because they started to have a problem and didn’t want to make it bigger. “

“What was the disagreement about?” he asked.

“At first my parents told me we moved away because they were sent here to for work, but when I got older and asked them again, they told me how Jacob’s parents wanted to have me and Jacob into an arranged marriage. How it will make each other’s family business bigger. My parents didn’t want that so they said no. He threatened my father and my father decided to move away before things got worse. And we haven’t seen each other since.”

“Oh” he said.

I checked the clock. Six-thirty, Sky’s party for sure already started. I needed a way out.

“Let’s go to the office” I said.

“Why?” he asked.

“Uhh…there are a couple of things I have to show you and ask you about” I thought on the top of my head.

“Ok fine” he muttered and started going down the stairs into the office.

“Hold on, I’m going to get us something to drink.”

“Ok.”

I went into my kitchen and looked for something to hit him with. And then I thought of the coat hanger. I went to the front of the door and grabbed it. I went back to the office and saw that Logan was looking at the books behind the desk, his back to me.

I raised my arms and hit him on the head, not too hard but hard enough to knock him out. I quickly got out and closed the doors since there were two doors for the office. I put the coat hanger on the doorknobs so it will take him a time to open the doors. I ran out the house and started my car. Well the car my dad let me borrow for today. And I drove off to Sky’s party.
♠ ♠ ♠
there you go...you guys should totally check out i'm a fool with dreams!!! i guess ill dedicate this chapter to my friend carissa!!=D <3