Status: Done!

I'm on the Inside of the Outsiders

4/4

Image

Beep…Beep…Beep

I groaned mentally. Stupid alarm.

Time to get up.

I need to make breakfast, make sure everyone gets to school and work.

What can I make for breakfast?

I should go see what’s in the fridge…I went shopping so there should be something.

When I opened my eyes I gasped out loud.

I wasn’t in my bedroom, there was no Maddy beside me or lumpy feeling under me from the bed.

I was in a white room. With several chairs and a TV hanging on the wall. There was a basketball game on.

The beeping noise was the machine hooked up to my arm. I winced away from the needle.

I looked around and saw eight figures sprawled around the room.

Dallas was sitting in one of the lounge chairs, mouth hanging open.

I laughed to myself at the scene, wishing I had a camera.

Dally, Two-bit, Johnny and Steve were leaned up against the wall underneath the TV. They were fast asleep but looked uncomfortable.

I looked beside me and smiled widely.

Ponyboy was leaned up against the wall underneath the window, with Maddy’s head in his lap. His arm was around her waist.

I continued to smile at the two.

I hope they get together… I thought.

I never noticed Soda’s head rested on the end of my bed till he moved and started to wake up. He was sitting in the other lounge chair, leaning against the bed.

He stretched and rubbed his eyes. Then slowly moved his gaze around the room. Smiling at Pony and Maddy, and laughing at Dally. His gazed ended on me. His eyes widened when he saw my own eyes open.

I smiled at him. "Hey. What’s new?" I said coolly.

He laughed and threw his arms around me. Trying not to hit any of the needles attached to me.

"Thank god your okay. We thought we lost you." He said.

"I’m okay I think. Besides my arm." I said looking down at the gaze wrapped arm laying beside my body.

Soda pulled away from me but kept his face near me. He leaned his forehead against mine and looked me in the eye.

"Don’t ever ever do anything so stupid again." He said smiling.

"I couldn’t leave Pony there. He would have been here instead of me."

"Yeah true. And in worse shape too."

"And he would have been sent to a boys home if the cops found out." I mentioned.

Soda sighed. His breath tickled my face.

"As long as your okay."

"I’m fine, stop worrying."

"I can’t help it…" Soda said blushing.

I smiled and looked down.

Before I could look back up, Soda had lifted my chin up and pressed his lips against mine.

It wasn’t a greedy or possessive kiss, like the ones I've gotten before by drunken boys. It was sweet and gentle, like every first kiss should be.

The beeping on the machine got louder.

Soda pulled away when he noticed my heart beat had quickened on the machine.

He looked at it and back at me.

I blushed. "That’s embarrassing."

Soda laughed and smiled. He kissed my forehead and turned back to everyone.

He walked around the room and kicked everyone awake. Literally. He kicked Dally, Johnny, Steve, Darry, and Steve’s feet. But only shook Maddy and Pony awake.

I saw Pony and Maddy blush at each other when they realized the position they woke up in.

Everyone rubbed their eyes and stretched. Bones popping back into place.

All their eyes widen and smiled when they realized I was up.

"Hey guys, how did you sleep? Not too well I see considering the hard floors." I said smiling back.

Maddy was the first to react. "Thank god your okay!" She exclaimed.

She threw her arms around me and I laughed. "I’m okay, calm down."

She pulled back and let everyone give me a hug.

"Watch the arm guys." Soda said when Ponyboy hugged me tight.

I laughed at him and his reaction. He jumped back quickly and smiled.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Not long. Three days." Darry said giving me a small hug.

"Three days?!? I have to go to work. Oh great, I’ll be fired now." I said my smile fading.

"Don’t worry ‘bout that. Darry called them and explained." Johnny said patting my foot.

"You need to focus on getting better." Two-bit said hitting my other foot..

"How bad am I?" I asked.

"Well you have a slight concussion, a broken arm and you got stitches on your forehead and under your eye. Your whole face is basically bruised." Soda said.

"Oh, that’s attractive." I muttered.

Everyone laughed.

"You don’t know how bad it was to live with all boys while you were out. I so don’t want to do it again." Maddy said jumping onto the hospital bed and laying down next me.

I shuffled over in the bed to make room for her. "So what’s going on with you and Pony then?"

She blushed and hid her face.

I looked at Pony and he had the same expression.

"Oh so your together now?" I said.

Maddy gave a small nod.

I squealed and I threw my arms around Maddy.

"Sunny, calm down." Darry said referring to the loud beeping coming from my heart rate.

Everyone laughed and I blushed "Sorry. No more freak outs." I said calming myself down.

"So…when am I getting out of this place?" I asked.

"Whenever you wake up, the doctor said," Soda replied. "Your body has healed mostly and your bruises will disappear soon."

"Good. What about my arm?"

"You need to keep it wrapped up for a while. No cast for you though."

"Good I hate casts." I said firmly.

I didn’t realize Darry had left till he came back, and with a doctor with him.

"Guys move." Darry said.

Everyone shuffled out and said something about going to the cafeteria.

Soda, Maddy, Pony and Darry were the only ones who stayed.

"So Sunny May, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

"Good."

"Great, we still have to give you some pain killers for that arm." He said looking at my arm then looking back at the heart machine, taking notes.

"What happened here?" He asked referring to the jump in the line.

I blushed. "Just got excited."

"Try not to do that for the next couple of days. Even though we’re letting you go your body isn’t %100 healthy."

I nodded.

He talked and asked a few more questions before leaving me to go. He pulled out all of the needles attached to me and he gave me a bottle of pain killers. Telling me to take them twice a day, no more than that.

The doctor left the room and Soda handed me my clothes from the small closet near the door.

I looked down at what I was wearing at the moment.

I blushed when I saw just a hospital gown. No bra or panties.

"We’ll be outside. Just holler when your done." Darry said and everyone left.

I sighed when everyone was out of hearing range.

Thank god I’m getting out of here, I thought, hospitals were always so depressing.

I slipped off the hospital gown and threw it on the chair next to the bed.

I put on my black bra and underwear then my black tank top over top. My skinny jeans still fit nice and snug. My leather jacket slipped over my shoulder easily, I was careful not to move my bad arm.

I bent over and pulled out my leather boots from under the hospital bed. I slipped then on and stood.

My head felt heavy and I fell back down.

"Uhh guys? Help please." I yelled.

The door opened and Soda came in slowly. Making sure I was dressed.

"It’s safe." I said hinting his hesitance.

He smiled. "You needed help?"

"I kinda can’t get up." I said.

"Oh okay." He said coming over to me and slipping his arm around my waist. He moved my good arm around his neck.

He carefully stood me up. "You good?"

I nodded and smiled.

Soda walked me out of the room and into the large hallway. I looked around and saw that the gang was gone.

"Darry, Maddy and Pony went to get the truck," Soda said talking about Darry’s old pick-up truck he used for work. "Everyone else already went back to home considering they all can’t get a ride."

I nodded as Soda led me down the hall and through the door that led to the parking lot.

Darry drove by and stopped near the curb. Maddy was in the backseat leaving room for me. Soda helped me into the back seat and then jumped in the front beside Pony.

I yawned and leaned my head on Maddy’s small shoulder.

"Tired are we?" Darry asked from the front.

I nodded. "I don’t know why, all I have been doing for the past couple days is sleep."

"Your body is healing, it needs rest." Maddy said from beside me.

Sometime in that sentence I passes out.

But just because I was too tired to stay awake.

-

Sodapop’s Point of View

"How is she back there Mad?" I asked turning around and looking back at Maddy.

She smiled and looked down at Sunny May. "I think she’s out."

I smiled back and saw Sunny leaning her head on Maddy’s shoulder, she looked out cold.

I turned around and faced the front.

Maddy tapped on my shoulder. "Soda."

I turned around and looked at her again.

"I don’t think she should sleep in our room. Our bed is way too uncomfortable. Which room has the softest bed?" She asked.

Soda coughed awkwardly and mumbled, "Ours." Referring to his and Pony’s room.

"Cool, we’ll just switch rooms then." Ponyboy said.

"I don’t think that’s a good idea." Darry said turning into the protective parent.

"Oh come on Dar, we won’t do anything." Ponyboy said, blushing slightly.

I laughed and smiled at Pony. He glared at me and elbowed my stomach.

"That goes for you too, Soda." Darry said.

I smiled and sighed. "Fine."

Darry drove down the back alley behind all the houses and parked the truck behind ours.

Darry cut the engine. "Everyone out and into bed." He announced opening his door.

Pony and I climbed out of the front and helped both Maddy and Sunny out.

I picked up Sunny, bridal style, and took her into the house.

Her head flopped on my chest as she let out soft snores.

I laughed and carried her upstairs.

"’Night Soda." Maddy said as she and Pony went into their bedroom.

I lifted my hand up and opened my bedroom door.

I walked over to the bed and gently put Sunny down.

I took off her leather jacket and hung it on the door handle.

She sighed and shifted around, trying to get comfortable.

I smiled down at her and took off my own leather jacket.

I slipped into the bed next to Sunny, trying not to jostle the bed too much.

I pulled up the covers so it covered both of us.

She sighed again and rolled over so she was facing me. She automatically slipped her arms around my waist and put her head on my chest.

I laughed quietly and smiled.

Life needs to be like this all the time…
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot woot done! That was a long chapter ^^

Comment please!

~Ashley