Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 1

Have you ever had the feeling that you didn't belong anywhere? Have you ever felt so alone
and invisible? Your whole life, you were just a mistake? Well, welcome to my life. From a
young age, this was what my life was like. Just a rag doll for my so-called-mother and her
boyfriend of the week. I never knew who my father was, unfortunately. Apparently he
abandoned us when I was still in the womb.

But, everyday I tried to put a smile on my face and pretend everything was okay. After about thirteen years, people finally started catching on. When I was in the sixth grade, my teacher called Child Services and they investigated what was going on in my home. Twenty-four hours later, I had been shipped off to an orphanage.

I've been in and out of Foster Homes for a few years now, and every one of them was another bad experience, but at the same time, a lesson in life. I learned to deal with what was happening, even though it would eat away at me.

I am now seventeen, and back at the orphanage. I've been here for the past four agonizing months. I have two friends: Jeff, who is my age, and Kyle who is four. Kyle is our little shadow; we watch over him like he's our little brother.

"Kels! Get your ass up!" Jeff yelled through the door as he walked into my room.

"Ugh, what the hell do you want? You do know it's a Saturday, right?" I asked, putting the pillow over my head. Yep, that's me. Kelsandra Stevenson. Not a morning person in the least.

"Yes, smart ass. Shelly asked me to wake you up. There's someone coming to see you today," he said, sitting down next to me on my bed.

"Who?"

"Well, if you actually get up, maybe you'll see," he said, pulling the pillow off of my head.

"But I don't wanna," I groaned.

"C'mon, Kels. They'll be here in an hour," he said, smacking my ass.

I jumped up and glared at him. He just started laughing.

"Gets 'ya every time." He smirked, while walking out.

"Ass!" I yelled after him.

After I had gotten ready, I slowly made my way down the stairs. Today was not a good day. My back and bad knee were both giving me problems and I was still tired.

"Ah, Kelsi, there you are," Shelly, the one who ran the Orphanage, said smiling. She was really sweet and actually cared about the kids here.

"Hey, Shel. So, who's here to meet me?" I asked, confused.

She smiled softly. "Well, if you'll come with me into the office, I can show you."

"Alright."

"Kelsi!" I heard Ky's little voice calling to me. He had tear stains on his face as he ran towards me.

"What's wrong, little man?" I asked, picking him up and setting him on my hip.

"Brentson isn't being nice again." He pouted, laying his head on my shoulder.

I sighed heavily and rubbed his back. "It's ok, Baby."

I walked to the office with him still on my hip. There were many different voices as I approached the door.

"Here she is." Shelly smiled as I walked in. There, sitting in front of me, were people I would've never expected. "And the little shadow that's always attached to her. What happened this time?" She asked, nodding towards Kyle.

"Brentson," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'll deal with him later. Why don't you have a seat." I sat down in one of the chairs with Ky in my lap. He didn't really like new people, so he kept his face hidden.

"Well, Kelsi, I'm sure you're wondering why you're here," Shelly started.

"Yeah, especially with Avenged Sevenfold staring at me. Not gonna lie, it's little weird," I mumbled, looking at the lot of them rather confused. They were just sitting there, looking at me intently.

Shelly sighed and looked troubled. "Kels, we found your Biological father," she said slowly.

I stared at her, a multitude of emotions running through me. "And?" I was a little afraid to know the answer.

"He's sitting in this room, right now." I slowly looked at the group staring at me. "Kels, your father is Brian Haner."

My heart stopped as I stared at him. The look of hope was in his eyes.

I finally snapped out of it a few moments later. "This is some sort of sick, twisted joke, right?" I asked, venom obvious in my tone.

"Very far from it, Hun," Jimmy said in a light tone, trying to make the situation a little easier.

I looked back at Brian and slowly started shaking my head. He was still looking at me, like he was expecting me to say something.

"If you're waiting for me to say something, you're wasting your time," I said, suddenly standing up.

"Kelsi, wait." Shelly stopped me before I walked out the door. "Just talk to him. Try and figure things out."

I turned to glare at her. "Figure out what things exactly?" I was trying to keep my voice calm. Ky hated when I yelled.

"Can we please just talk?" Brian asked. It was the first time he'd spoken.

I glared at him for a good minute, before speaking again. "I'll be right back." I opened the door and went to look for Jeff.

"Hey, so who was it?"

"Take Ky," I said, handing him over to Jeff.

"Kels, what's wrong?" He knew by the way my hands were shaking that I wasn't in that great of a mood.

"I have to go talk to my 'father'."

He stood there shocked, as I went back to the office. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I crossed my arms, and stood there, waiting for him to start. He got the hint after a few minutes of me just staring at him.

"So... Once I found out about you, I didn't want you staying here or in a Foster Home. You're my daughter, and I want you to live with me. I know we don't know anything about each other, but I would like to get to know you."

"And why is that?" I asked bitterly.

He seemed taken aback by this. "Because, you're my daughter."

"Yeah, and I was seventeen years ago, but you still up and left."

"What are you talking about?" They all looked at me confused. "I didn't even know about you until about two weeks ago."

"Oh bullshit."

I was letting my anger get the best of me. They were surprised to hear me say this, except for Jimmy. I think he was already figuring me out.

"Why don't you believe me?" It seemed like he was hurt.

"Why should I when you abandoned us?! Maybe if you would have stuck around, I wouldn't be in the orphanage right now!" I yelled, throwing my hands in the air.

He suddenly stood up. "Your mother never told me about you! So don't you blame this on me!" I shrunk back in fear.

Even after all these years, I hated when men yelled. He saw this, and his expression softened.

"I don't fucking care. I have one more year until I'm legal... So what does it matter?" With that, I walked out of the door, slamming it behind me.

I was half way towards the stairs, when he stopped me. "Will you please just give it a chance?!"

"Why should I?!"

We were both alike, I could tell that much from our matching anger issues. "It doesn't matter whether you want to or not, because I've already signed the papers! So pack your bags and meet us down here." I glared at him, before stomping up to my room to pack.
♠ ♠ ♠
First one :) tell me what you think!
(Beta-Checked by Lynnie Vicious)