Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 10

"Who's the boy?" Val asked as I sat on the couch, watching t,v, with Pete, Ryan and Jimmy.

"What boy?" We all asked at the same time.

Val just smiled. "They one you've been txting non-stop since the party on Saturday and it now being Wednesday."

"I don't know what you're talking about ,Val. I think all the sunshine is getting to your head," I said, getting up, trying to make a break for it.

"Got it!" Jimmy smiled as he grabbed my phone.

"Jim! That's not fair!" I whined, jumping to try and get my phone. Yeah right! He's like over six foot and I'm barely 5'5. It's pathetic!

"Jimmy, stop picking on my daughter," Brian said, walking in with the others.

"I'm not. Pete, catch!" He threw my phone at Pete caught it and started looking through it.

"Pete! I know where you sleep!" I yelled, jumping onto him, trying to get the phone.

"Who's Mr. Smooth?" He asked, frowning.

"Say what?!" I didn't even have to look to see the over-protectiveness kicking into them now.

"Pete, give me the phone if you want to have children." I warned.

"And what're you going to do if I don't?" He asked, challenging me.

"Stick your dick in a blender while it's still attached," I said with a serious face. He threw the phone into my lap and jumped off the couch. "Ha, works every time."

"I'm going to go buy a cup…" Pete said, before taking off.

"So..." Jimmy said, sitting down on my left.

"Kels..." Zacky sat down on my right.

"Who's this 'Mr. Smooth'?" Brian asked, sitting on the coffee table in front of me.

"I'm starting to feel surrounded..." I mumbled, looking at all of them.

"Let the poor girl be, you guys," Lacey said, coming to my defense.

"We just want to know who this boy is, Lace," Brian said, crossing his arms.

"Just a guy I met at the party. No biggy," I said, standing up.

"When do we meet him?" Zacky asked.

"How about never?"

"How about tomorrow night at dinner?" Brian said.

I groaned. "Are you serious? You guys are going to make him run away!"

The girls started laughing. "Don't worry, Kels. We'll make sure they stay in line," Val said, putting her arm around Matt's waist.

"And how do you purpose doing that?" Jimmy asked.

"No sex for a month," Michelle said, giving Brian 'the look'."

"Okay, ew," I said, getting grossed out.

"Look! You've scared the poor girl for life now!" Ryan said, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"You couldn't have just waited until I was out of the room to threaten them?"

They started laughing. "Sorry, Kels," Michelle said, smiling.

"So, what time should he be here?"

"Six."

"I'll go call him." I went up to my room and turned on my music like I'd done every night so they wouldn't be able to listen in on my conversations.

"Hey, there," Aaron said, answering the phone.

"Hey, so... How would you feel about coming to dinner at my house tomorrow night?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Um, sure. What's the special occasion?"

"Well, my family kind of found out who I was txting all the time and wanted to meet you. They're all crazy, I tell you. Crazy."

He just started laughing. "That's fine. My family's crazy, too."

"So, is six ok?"

"Sounds perfect."

"Great." For some reason, I was now really excited for him to come over. We talked for a few more hours, before I decided I was going to try to get some sleep.

The next morning at school, I met him out front. He walked over and gave me a hug. "Well someone looks happy this morning." He laughed as we started walking towards the school.

"That's because I am," I said smiling.

"I'm glad you're happy. That makes me happy." We looked at each other, before cracking up.

"You are so corny! But that's ok." As we were walking, I saw Kevin... And Bridget. I didn't like her. She was, well, to be blunt, a whore. I didn't understand what he saw in her.

"Kels? You still there?" Aaron said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What? Sorry, just spacing."

"I was just wondering if we could talk about something." He took my hand and we sat down on one of the benches.

"What's up?"

"So, I know we just met at the party, and the thing with you and Kevin still isn't figured out. But... I was wondering if maybe we could make us into something?"

I smiled. "Are you trying to ask me out, Aaron?"

He blushed a little. "Maybe?"

I laughed lightly and kissed his cheek. "Then I'm saying yes."

"Really?"

"Yeah, why do you seem so surprised?"

"I have no idea." He smiled and gave me a light peck on the cheek. Yeah, I could get used to this.

As we started walking again, I couldn't help but catch Kevin's glare. What pole was stuck up his ass?
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm... wonder how Brian's gonna feel about his daughter dating? hehe
and what's up with Kevin?