Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 11

At lunch, Aaron met me by my locker as I changed out my books. "Do you want to sit with Ben and them today?" He asked as he leaned against the locker next to mine.

"Sure, if that's ok with you?"

"Yeah, that's fine. I haven't talked to Devin in a while. We used to live next each other until we moved down to the beach."

Everyone was at the usual spot underneath the tree. I've been sitting with Aaron the last few days, and I feel kind of bad. They were my first friends, but they seemed to understand. "Kels!" Joe smiled, jumping up and running over to give me a hug. Yes, I'm now used to his random hugs. "I missed you," he said pouting.

"I know, I'm sorry," I said, patting his head.

"Hey, Aaron. Haven't seen you in a while," Derek said, nodding to him.

"Yeah, been busy with classes and crap, ugh.”

"I still can't believe we're graduating this year. It's so weird," Devin said, shaking his head.

"Where are you planning to go to college?" Ben asked as Aaron sat down, pulling me onto his lap. This, of course, didn't go unnoticed by the others.

"Anywhere that excepts me," he said, shrugging.

"Cool."

Carson kept eyeing the both of us. Him and Ben had become the most protective of me lately. They still didn't know about my past, but I just wasn't ready to tell them. "What's going on with you two?" Beth asked, a smirk in place.

"Nothing," I mumbled, trying to hide my smile by laying my face in the crook of Aaron's neck.

"Bullshit! I totally called it! Pay up, Devin!" Derek laughed, hold out his hand. Devin groaned and handed him a twenty.

"And what exactly what were you two betting on?" Jake asked, crossing his arms.

"How long it would take for them to get together. I mean, come on! They're perfect for each other!" Derek said, looking at us.

"You hurt her, and your balls are mine." Beth warned Aaron.

Aaron wrapped his arms around me and held me close. "I don't plan on that, Beth."

"Hey, guys." I heard Kevin's voice, and kept my eyes down. It was hard having most of your classes with him and trying to avoid him. "Oh, hey, Aaron, Kels." The tone of his voice dropped as he mumbled the greeting.

"Hey, Dude," Aaron said, starting to rub small circles on my back.

"Ugh, I hate school lunches. They're so disgusting. Plus they have so many carbs in them." I hated her voice. It was so annoying.

"Then don't eat it," Beth said, muttering 'dumb ass' under her voice. A few of us still heard it and snickered.

"I can think of something else to do other than eat," she said, turning to straddle Kevin's lap.

"And there goes my lunch," Joe said, throwing his sandwich back in the bag.

"Aren't you going to eat, Kels?" Aaron asked me softly.

"I just lost my appetite." He nodded knowingly.

"So, Kels. Tonight at six?" Ben asked.

"Yeah, thanks you guys for coming. I don't want it to be awkward."

"No prob, we'll try and distract them," Jake said, smiling.

"Hey! I'm good at that," Joe said smiling widely. We all just started laughing.

"Yes, we know, Joe," Devin said, patting his shoulder.

"Wait, what's tonight at six?" Kevin asked, pulling away from Bridget, but she just went to kissing his neck. Slut. Oops! Did I just say that?

"Dinner at Kels'. Brian wants to meet Aaron," Ben mumbled, not really wanting to tell him.

"You can come if you want," I said, trying to be nice.

"Just no lap dogs," Beth said, glaring at Bridget. She didn't even hear her. She was too 'occupied'.

"Yeah, sure."

The rest of lunch went by slowly. We all tried to avoid conversation with Kevin and Bridget. He had eventually gotten her to detach herself from him, with much struggle. I didn't look or talk to either of them. I just kept laughing at Joe who was doing God knows what. I love that kid. He's my little ball of sunshine. He can always make me laugh.

After school, Aaron dropped me off at my house, before going home to 'get ready'. I think he was going to try and impress them. I still hadn't told him who he was actually meeting tonight. The guys from Fall Out Boy and Panic were still here for another week. I think Ryan and Pete would get along with Aaron pretty well. I just didn't want anyone to intimidate him and make him run away.

We were having a barbecue tonight, so Brian and Matt were getting things set up to cook. I helped the girls with a few things, then started baking cookies and brownies. I hadn't made them since I had come, so I promised Zacky and Jimmy I would. "Kels! Oh where art thou?!" I heard Joe's voice yell through the house. I started cracking up.

"Follow my voice!" I yelled back.

"Found her!" He smiled, skipping into the kitchen. Yeah... He does that a lot.

"Are you baking?" Carson asked surprised.

"Yup, I cook too."

"Sweet! I call dips!" Devin said.

"Dibs on what?" I asked confused as I poured the brownie batter into the pan.

"On you being my personal chef," he said, smiling.

Ben and Derek smacked him upside the head. "You idiot, you can't call dibs on her," Carson said, shaking his head.

"It's not nice to call people names, Jackass," Joe said, leaning against the doorway. Everyone just looked at him, shaking their heads.

"Joe, you're such a dork," I said, laughing.

"But I'm you're dork."

"That you are. Now come help me," I said, pulling the cookie sheet out of the oven.

"With what?" He asked, walking over.

"Grab that sheet and put it in the oven, then put the brownies in the bottom oven," I said, taking the sheet I had and putting it on the counter.

"Cookies!" Brendon yelled, running into the kitchen.

"Is that Brendon Urie?" Beth asked. That's when Brendon turned and saw them.

"Ah! More teens!" He screamed, and jumped on me.

"Brendon. Off," I said in a strained voice.

"Oh, sorry." He got down, then jumped on Pete as soon as he walked in.

"Dude! What the fuck?!" Pete said, confused.

"Teens!" Brendon yelled, pointing at my suddenly confused looking group of friends. Pete gave him a weird look before pushing him off.

"Hi, you guys must be Kels' friends," Pete said, waving. "Never mind the idiot on the floor," he said nodding to Brendon who was sprawled out on the kitchen floor.

"I take that as an offense," Brendon said, glaring up at Pete.

"You know you never make any sense, right?" I said, laughing at him. "Now, stay away from the cookies!" I warned him, before I started cleaning everything up. "Is everyone else out back?" I asked Pete.

"Yeah, I came in to check to see if you needed help."

"If you want take them out back and introduce everyone, that would be great," I said, smiling my innocent smile.

He sighed, rolling his eyes. "You're lucky you're cute and that you're my friends daughter," he said, smiling and walking out back with everyone.

Now I just have to keep Brendon and Jimmy away from the cookies and brownies for the next three or so hours. Fun!
♠ ♠ ♠
so? her and aaron? who likes him? who doesn't? tell me! :)