Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 12

Exactly at six, the door bell rang. "I'll get it!" All of them shouted, and ran to the front door. I groaned and followed after them.

"Why, hello there. And who are you?" Jimmy asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorway.

"Hi, Sir. I'm Aaron, Kelsi's boyfriend," Aaron said politely.

"Boyfriend?!" All of them yelped.

I laughed nervously and walked between all of them, going to his side. "About that... I didn't tell them yet," I told him quietly. He looked at me with slightly wide eyes, then turned back to them, smiling.

"Kels, kitchen, now," Brian said, walking away. I nervously followed him as the rest of them took Aaron to the living room. "When were you planning on telling me?" Brian asked, crossing his arms.

"It just happened this morning. I was going to tell you at dinner," I mumbled, looking at the floor.

He sighed, rubbing his face. "Kels, I just wish you would've given me some kind of warning... I just don't know if I'm ready for this."

"Well I am. He's a great guy, Brian. Just give him a chance." I walked to the living room to find everyone grilling Aaron. "Guys, leave him alone," I said, glaring at them and going to his side.

"It's fine, they're just curious." Aaron smiled, wrapping his arm around my waist and kissing the top of my head.

"He's good... Too good," Johnny said, looking at him through squinted eyes.

"So, how old are you, Aaron? Same grade as Kels?" Matt asked.

"Yes, I am.” Just then, the door bell rang again. I went to answer it to get away from them.

"Hey, sorry we're late," Kevin said, walking in with Whore. Yes, that's her new name. I refuse to call her by her name. I call her out on how she acts.

"It's fine," I said quietly, moving so they could walk in. I walked back to the living room, and everyone noticed my mood. It didn't take them long to figure out why.

"Everyone! Food's ready!" Val called to us. I took Aaron's hand and lead him out back to where we were going to eat.

While we were eating, Beth was sitting next to Pete and still staring at him. "Beth, snap out of it," I said, poking her side and laughing.

"Sorry! I can't help it," she said, smiling and looking down.

"Just ask him," I told her. She looked at me like I'd told her to pull his pants down.

"Are you crazy?! I can't do that."

"Fine, Pete." He looked at me as Beth blushed madly. "Can Beth pet your hair?" I asked.

He started laughing. "Um, sure." That's the cool thing about Pete. He's really laid back.

"Really?" Beth asked in surprise.

"Yeah, go ahead." She tentatively stuck her hand out and started petting his hair. If you're confused, she's been madly in love with his hair for ages. No one knows why, just that it's funny as hell.

"I'm not related to her." Joe laughed.

"I'm sure that's what she says about you," Ben said, laughing also. I loved this. I had my family and friends around me, just hanging out. This was a lot better than the damn orphanage.

"So, what do you guys plan on doing now?" Brian asked as we finished eating.

"Movie night!" Joe said, jumping up and running inside. Probably up to my room to find a movie.

"I guess a movie night," I said, standing up.

"Sounds fun! I call couch!" Jimmy called, running inside.

"I think they meant just the kids, Jim!" Leana yelled after him.

"You guys can join us if you want," Beth said, smiling at Pete. Oh Lord. She's fallen in love. Ha!

As I was rinsing off my plate, Kevin and Slut walked in. "Must be nice to be surrounded by celebrities all the time," she said, smirking. I knew she was up to something.

"Bridg, I told you, you can't tell anyone," Kevin said.

"Oh, don't worry. You're secret's safe with me." For some reason, I didn't exactly believe her.

Kevin sighed, shaking his head. "Well, thanks for dinner, Kels. But we're going to head out."

"Okay," I mumbled, putting the dishes in the dishwasher, then walked them out. When they were out, I slammed the door and walked to the living room grumbling profanities.

"Whoa there, Tiger. What's got your pants in a bunch?" Ryan asked laughing.

"That little hoe-bag, slut!" I growled, walking over and plopping down onto Aaron's lap. He laughed lightly, kissing my temple. "I'm glad you laugh," I said, glaring up at him.

"I don't understand why you let her get to you."

"It's like she's a professional at it! It's just, ugh!"

"Yes, because that makes so much sense," Derek said, laughing.

"Oh, shut it." He just kept laughing. "Somebody hit him for me. I'm too far away." Beth reached over and slugged him in the arm.

"Alright, what movie?" I asked Joe.

"The Grudge. So stupid, it's funny."

"Hey! Some of us are actually scared of that movie!" I yelped

"It's ok, I'll protect you," Aaron whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around me. I shivered slightly and he smiled.

"I'm going to go change into my pajamas. I'll be right back," I said, getting up.

When I came back down, Aaron was in one of the recliners, so we could have it to ourselves. I took my comforter over with me and sat back on his lap. I sat between his legs and snuggled up with my comforter. He held me as the movie started.

Through the whole thing, Beth and I were both jumping and screaming. Then we would laugh because it was so stupid. We ended up watching a few other movies, before I fell asleep.