Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 14

"Matt! Help!" I screamed, running towards him, and away from the Berry Twins. We'd been messing around all morning. But now... They'd just gone too far.

"What's wrong, Munchkin?" Jimmy asked, walking in since he heard me screaming. "AH! Spider!" He screamed, jumping behind Matt with me. "Get that the fuck out of here, Dude! Seriously not cool!" He yelled at Jason. They were having trouble standing because theye were still cracking up. I couldn't blame them. Seeing a six foot-something grown man hide from a spider is pretty funny. But, in his defense, they were creepy!

"Alright, you two, you had your fun. Leave the poor kid alone," A new voice said, walking into the room.

"Papa to the rescue!" Jimmy said smiling.

"Aw, come on, Papa. You just had to ruin the fun," Matt B. said, still laughing.

I stayed standing behind Jimmy, looking at the new man. He looked a lot like Brian... "And who is this?" He asked smiling.

"Oh, um... Brian!" Jimmy called, putting his arm around me.

"What'd you break this time, Jimmy?" He asked, a minute later, walking into the room. "Dad! What're you doing here so early?" He said, looking shocked. So he was related to him...

"Well, you said you had something to tell me and I had some extra free time. I thought I'd surprise you and come early."

"Ok, um..." Dad walked over and replaced Jimmy's arm. "Dad, this is Kelsi... My daughter." Papa, I assumed that was what everyone called him, stood there for a few minutes. He looked between me and then Dad.

"Brian... When? Where has she been all these years?"

"Let's go talk in the other room," Dad said, leading him out.

I looked around the room, and everyone was looking at me. "Don't worry, Papa will love you." Jimmy said reassuringly.

After an hour of Dad and Papa 'talking' they came outside to find me with Zacky and Jimmy. "You three with a baseball bat... Not good news," Dad said, shaking his head and laughing. "Anyways, Kels, why don't you come give Papa a hug." I walked over cautiously, only to be swept into a huge hug.

"We have a lot of years of making up to do," Papa said, setting me back down.

"Making up for what?" I asked confused.

"Birthdays and Christmas' of course!" He said smiling.

"Oh, you don't have to."

"Who ever said I had to? I want to! I am your grandfather after all. Oh God... I'm too young to be a grandfather!" he said, looking over at Dad. Him, Jimmy, and Zacky started laughing. "What's so funny?" They all shut up and looked away innocently.

"Nothing, Dad."

"Oh, Keellsss! Come heeeerreee!" Matt B. called.

"I don't like the tone of your voice, Mister!" I called back. Yes, the twins and I had become close in the last few hours. It's amazing what you can do when you're bored!

"Woman! Just get in here!" Jason said laughing.

"Zacky, c'mere." I pulled him in front of me and started heading back inside.

"Oh, great. So you use me as your shield? Thanks!" Zacky said.

"Oh, don't be such a big baby."

"AHH!!!" Jason and Matt B. screamed, jumping in front of Zacky who nearly pissed his pants, screaming.

"Hey! You can't use shields! So against the rules!" Jason said, putting his hands on his hips. I couldn't respond, because I was on the floor, rolling around, laughing.

"That was priceless! Where's my camera when I need it?!" I said between laughs.

"Brat, I'll get all you back. Just watch," Zacky said, pointing at us.

"And your little dog too!" Jimmy said in a really weird voice. That just made me laugh harder.

"Is she even breathing?" Jason asked, looking down at me.

"Oh no! Come on, Kels! Breathe!" Jimmy said, dropping down next to me. "Don't make me do CPR on you!" He said, starting to push lightly on my stomach.

"Run, Kels! Run for your life! Who knows where the hell his lips have been!" Zacky said.

"That's it! We need to get her to the emergency, pronto!" Jimmy picked me up and started running.

"Ah! No! Don't let him take me! Dad! Somebody, help!" I was still laughing, but a little unsure as to what Jimmy was up to.

He ran back to the room with the couch, and dropped me on it. "What're you two up to?" Matt asked, as him and Johnny eyed us.

"Makin' her laugh. I am the bomb at it!" Jimmy said, doing a victory dance.

"Ugh, my stomach hurts from laughing now," I groaned.

"Well, I'm glad you're having a good time. But, Jim we need you for one of the songs," Johnny said.

"Which one?"

"We're going to do the lyrics for 'Little Piece of Heaven'," Matt said.

"Sweet. Let's do this!"

All three of them went into the one of the booths. They were doing the chanting part of the song. This just made me start laughing all over again.

Who ever said laughing was the best medicine, was right!
♠ ♠ ♠
this personally is one of my favorites! :)
comment?