Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 19

The next morning, I felt like total shit. I didn't get out of bed all day, until I was forced. Jimmy came up and told me I could either get up on my own, or he'd take me down. I didn't feel like being carried like a rag doll, so I got up.

I slowly made my way down stairs and to the kitchen where I could hear everyone at. "How do you feel?" Michelle asked, rubbing my back. I just shrugged. "Here, this should help," she said, handing me a glass of water and Advil. I took them, hoping they would work.

"Kels, we need to talk," Dad said, looking down at the counter.

"Why don't we go into the living room," Jimmy suggested. I followed them to the living room, going as slow as possible.

I sat on one of the couches, bringing my knees to my chest. Zacky sat on my right while Michelle sat on my left. "What's going on with you, Kels? You were doing fine. Why this sudden acting out?" Dad asked.

"I'm not trying to act out," I mumbled into my knee, keeping my eyes on the carpet.

"What was with the whole pregnancy test?" I didn't answer. "Kelsandra, look at me," he said in a stern voice. I slowly looked up at him with watery eyes. "Please give me an answer."

I just shook my head as tears started letting loose. I buried my face in my knees, scared of what would happen next. I felt someone starting to rub my back, trying to calm me down. "Have you been... Having sex?" Matt asked, his voice a little strained. I could tell he was uncomfortable asking the question. I just shook my head.

"Then why did you suspect you were pregnant?" Dad asked, getting a little agitated.

"Oh my God..." Lacey said, catching on. "Oh, Baby." She came over and wrapped her arms around me. "Who was the fucker? I'll kill him!"

"Kels, you're not saying..." Jimmy trailed off. That's when everyone started bombarding me with questions. I felt my head spinning, and everything closing in. I got up from the couch and started running to my bedroom. Before I could even reach the stairs, I was being held back. "It's ok, Kels. Calm down. You're ok." Jimmy spoke softly as he tried holding onto me. I was struggling to get away from him, but he wasn't letting go. I just collapsed into his arms and let everything go. All the hard work of keeping it in. All the hard work of keeping my defenses up and not showing the pain. It all bottled up and just exploded. I couldn't keep it in anymore.

Jimmy held me in his arms and let me cry. He didn't say anything. No one said anything. They didn't know what to say, or didn't want to make it worse.

Eventually I stopped crying, but still didn't say anything. Jimmy had taken me up to my bed and I curled up with my pillows and blankets. I didn't want him to leave, so he lay with me, stroking my hair, or rubbing my back. Two of the things that comforted me the most.

My eyes hurt from crying, and I had no energy left. Later, Michelle came in to check on me. "I made you a doctors appointment for tomorrow," she said softly. I acknowledge her by slightly nodding my head.

* * * * * * * *
The next morning at ten o'clock, I was sitting in the doctors office with Michelle and Val. I hated going to the doctors... They were going to make sure I wasn't pregnant, and figure out what was wrong if I wasn't pregnant.

After being poked, prodded and asked to do things I wasn't comfortable with, we sat in the room, waiting for the doctor to come back. "So, Kelsi, you are for sure not pregnant. Is there a lot of stress in your life right now?" The doctor asked as he sat on his stool. I shrugged.

"It seems like school's been getting a little tough right now for her." Michelle answered for me.

"Alright, well my advice is to just try not getting so stressed. That's all I can really say. There isn't any medicine I can give you."

"Ok, thank you, Dr. Briggs," Val said, standing up.

When we got home, I went straight to my room. I didn't look at anyone, I didn't speak to anyone. What was the point? There was none. My boyfriend hated me because he thought I cheated on him. He called me a whore... Dad was disappointed in me. Who knew how the others felt... I guess my mother was right. I am just a worthless whore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for your wonderful comments! Keep the love coming! :) Tell me your predictions