Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 20

The next day at school, I was met with a personal hell. Someone, *cough* Colton *cough*, had started rumors. They had found out about my family. They were saying things that weren't true. I was getting pushed into lockers. I was being called names like, 'Slut, Emo, Whore, Druggie' shit that was totally untrue.

"Kels, Babe you have talk to us," Ben said pleadingly.

"Sweetie, we're worried about you!" Carson said. I just slammed my locker shut and headed off to Study Hall. I lay my head down on my desk. I wanted to be invisible. I wanted everyone to just leave me alone.

After school, everyone had come over to try and talk to me. When I didn't, they resulted in talking to Dad and the rest of them. They told them what was happening at school and how they were worried about me. Dad was pissed when he heard this. The fire was slowly building in them, giving them more reasons to kick Colton's ass. Part of me wanted them to, but the other part didn't. I didn't want them to fight my battles. But... When I'm not fighting them at all, it becomes a little hard.

* * * * * * * *

The next few weeks pretty much went the same way. Things at school didn't change. Things at home didn't change. Aaron still wasn't talking to me. I still wasn't eating, and Dad was threatening to take me to the hospital and put me on a feeding tube. And I still wasn't talking.

It was a Friday after school, and I wasn't planning on going home. Instead, I drove down to the pier. When I got there, I went under and sat on the shoreline. I watched as the waves rolled. The sound of the water was so calming.

I rolled up my sleeves and looked down at my arms. My silent release. I took out the silver edge that always helped. The cool metal against my skin calmed me.

I lay back on the sand, darkness slowly taking over me. Finally, one feeling washing over me... Piece and serenity.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short :/ I know. I'm evil :)