Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 23

*Jimmy's P.O.V.*

She's so young. She shouldn't be going through this. Just looking at her right now, you'd think she was a fragile doll. But, in all reality, she's a strong, independent girl. She just doesn't see herself how she truly is. She's been fed lies her whole life, being put down constantly. She needed someone to show her that she truly was special. And that person was going to be me.

"Babe, you want to go for a walk?" Lee whispered in my ear, putting her arm around my shoulders from behind. I hadn't moved from this chair for the last twenty hours.

"Jim, go get some air, man. We'll let you know if anything changes," Matt said.

I looked at Kels for a few more seconds, before standing up, kissing her forehead and walking out with Leana right behind me. I took her hand in mine and kissed the back of it. She was always there, supporting me whenever I needed it. "She's going to be ok," she said reassuringly.

I smiled down at her. "I know." I did know. I knew that she'd pull out of this. I knew she was strong enough to make it. All she needed was a little push.

*Kelsi's P.O.V*

I was in a meadow full of beautiful flowers. So this is what Heaven was like. "You're not in Heaven, Kelsi," A voice said behind me.

I turned to see a boy, somewhere around my age. I looked at him confused.

"You didn't die. It's not your time. You’re just in a state of dream."

Who was he?

"I'm Steven."

Ok that's just creepy... He smiled and walked towards me a little. "

I'm your guardian angel."

Say what?

"I've been with you since day one, Kels. You haven't been alone your whole life."

Then why the hell did you let me go through all of that?!

"Because it was meant to be. It was a hard and painful time, but it was meant to show you how strong you truly were... It's not your time, Kelsi. You need to go back. Keep your promise that you made to help others with their pain. Go back to your family and friends. They need you more than you think."

I let his words sink in. I finally realized, I was stupid for wanting to end my life. But it wasn't going to be easy to snap back like snapping your fingers.

"Yes, things do take time. But start the process now."

Why did he suddenly seem so familiar? I know I haven’t ever seen him, but I felt like I knew him for some odd reason.

"Do you think you can handle the answer to that question?" He asked softly.

Hell, I've gotten this far. Why not?

"I'm your twin brother... I died during birth," he said quietly. My eyes widened in shock, before everything went dark.

I heard a faint beeping. My eye lids were heavy, but I still managed to open them. The light was bright, and I closed my eyes again. This time, I slowly opened them and let them get used to the bright light.

The beeping was a heart monitor. I looked around the white room to see my friends and family. They hadn't noticed I was awake, until I barely moved my arm and Dad's head snapped up to look at me. His eyes were blood shot and his hair was disheveled. He looked like he hadn't gotten sleep in days. "Oh thank God," he cried, getting up and pulling my into his arms. I felt his tears on the top of my head.

I felt so bad, knowing this was all of my fault. I just can't do anything right, can I?
♠ ♠ ♠
She's awake! Now you guys can't kill me :) hehe Bet ya didn't see that coming!
So, where did Aaron and Kevin go? hmm...
(how about we nick name them ass 1 and ass2?)