Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 29

It was hard for me to take Ky back to the Orphanage, but I knew I was going to find a way to bring him back into my life. The whole way home, tears wanted to let loose, but for some reason, they didn't.

I got home at one in the morning, and all the lights were on in the house. I braced myself, knowing I was in for it. I slowly opened the front door, and closed it softly. I was in the clear, until Pinkly came bounding towards me, barking. Everyone ran to the front door and saw me. "Where the hell have you fucking been?! Do you know what time it is?! You had me fucking worried! I thought something happened to you!" Dad started going off. I could smell the alcohol emanating off of him. Yeah, he was drunk alright.

"I'm sorry. Something happened with Jeff and-"

"I don't fucking care! You still should've called!"

"Why are you yelling at me when I'm trying to explain why I was out late and didn't call?!" I yelled in frustration.

I suddenly felt the familiar impact of a hand. "I am still your father and you will not speak to me like that, young lady. Do you understand?" He hissed.

"Brian! I swear to God if we didn't need you for the band, you'd be dead!" Matt yelled, grabbing a hold of him.

"Fuck that! We'll find a replacement!" Zacky hissed.

I went to turn and run back to my car and just drive, but I was caught by a pair of long, skinny arms. "Don't, Baby. It'll just make it worse," Jimmy whispered in my ear as he held me to his chest.

Everyone was screaming at my dad as my body started to tremble. "Let's go for a walk," Jimmy said softly, taking my hand. We lived a few blocks away from the beach, so we just walked down there.

We found a spot and sat in the sand, while looking out as the moon shown on the waves. "Talk to me, Kels," Jimmy said softly.

"About what?"

"What's going through your mind right now. And don't say nothing. I know you better than that." I stayed silent. "You can't hold everything in, Sweetie. You know what happened last time."

I sighed, looking down at the sand. "Lately, everything's been. Of course not perfect, but that's fine... You guys have just been spending so much time at the studio and I miss you guys. I know it's your job... But still."

"You know you can come see us. We'd love to have you as a distraction. You're part of our inspiration sometimes when we're stuck! Even the Berry's are asking about you. Just because it's our job, doesn't mean we can't make time for you, Kels." I nodded, and looked back to the water. "What else is bothering you?"

"The drinking."

"What drinking? Us?" I nodded slowly, not wanting to upset him. "Kels, if it upsets you that much, why haven't you talked to us?"

"Because it's your guys' lives, Jim. I don't want you guys to stop just because it makes me uncomfortable. It doesn't bother me if it's just a few beers or every other night. But... You guys are drinking constantly. And I still have fears of the after effects..."

"Just like tonight," he stated, putting the pieces together. He sighed, and pulled me into his lap. "I'm going to talk to them tomorrow and we're going to figure something out, ok? I really wish you would've told me before now. We love you, Kels, and we're here to help." I nodded, laying my head against his shoulder.

"You know, when Brian found out about you, he was freaking out. He couldn't sit still for long periods of time. He kept worrying if he was going to be a bad father or not... We told him that we'd help him through it no matter what, because we're family. We'd never turn our backs on each other... Then, when we went to go get you, I fell in love with you the first second I saw you. Just your attitude and everything about you reminded me of him and the rest of us. You acted like you didn't take shit from anybody, but your eyes told me that you were a total softy. Also... That you'd seen things in your life that no one ever should. But you came out strong and held your head high.

“Kels, you're an amazing girl and need to realize that. You're so talented and probably smarter than most college kids, in both books and the real world. I love how I can carry on a conversation with you about anything... When we found under the pier that day, my heart stopped. I wanted to know what hurt you so much that you thought you had to end your life. That day, while I watched you lay in the hospital, I made a promise that I would make you realize all the amazing things about yourself no matter how long it took. And I'm still carrying on that promise." I looked up into his eyes and felt loved.

Jimmy was just the person you could go to for anything. He would help you with anything, even if it was just holding you ask you cried yourself to sleep. He didn't need to say anything. That was just a bonus.

"I love you, Jimbo," I whispered, kissing his cheek.

"I love you too, Munchkin."

*Brian's P.O.V.*

The only thought running through my mind was 'What have I just done?' I knew I had to make this up to her, and she wasn't one easy to please when she was upset.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hate me! Brian won't stay a drunken asshole, I promise :)