Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 4

As Brian pulled up to Huntington Beach High, one thing ran through my mind. 'Are you fucking kidding me?' I could already tell I wasn't going to like it here. But, by law, I had to be here... Stupid law.

"I'll be here at three to pick you up. If you want to come home early, just call," Brian said, as I was getting out.

"Yeah, sure," I mumbled before slamming the door. I knew I was being a bitch to him, but he got on my bad side within the first hour of knowing me. He was going to have to prove to me that he was worth it. I wasn't just going to be 'Daddy'! and run to his arms. Fuck that shit. No way, no how. He'd have an easier time getting Jimmy to call him Daddy... And sadly I can see that happening.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I walked into the main office to get my schedule. There were seven periods in one day. I had AMC, Biology II, P.E., History, English, Spanish II, and Study Hall. They were all the classes I had at Whittier High, so at least they didn't change.

I decided to try and find my first class, History, before the bell rang. Good thing I did, because the bell rang as soon as I found it. "Hi, you must be Kelsandra. I'm Mr. Hensting," The young teacher said as I walked up to his desk. "Go ahead and sit next to Kevin in the back." There was only one open desk, so I figured that's where he meant.

As I walked back to the desk, people were staring and whispering. Yes, people. I'm the 'new kid'. Get a life. "Hey, I'm Kevin," The kid to my left smiled and nodded.

"Kelsi."

"So, where'd you move from?"

"Whittier."

"Nice."

"I guess you could say that."

"Can I see your schedule?"

"Sure." I took it out of my binder and handed it to him.

"Wow, we have a lot of the same classes. History, obviously, P.E., AMC and Spanish," he said, handing the paper back to me. "If you need help finding the classes, just ask," he said, smiling. This kid seemed really sweet, and cute. Oh God... Did I seriously just think that? No, bad Kels.

"Okay, thanks."

The rest of the day went pretty smooth, other than people whispering about the 'new chick' and of course making up rumors because they have nothing better to do. I swear, these people are a waste of space!

I was currently in AMC, the period right before lunch, and Kevin was on the other side of the class. So there was no way we could talk. I was surrounded by jocks and air headed bimbos. I'm such a nice person, aren't I?

"Hey, new girl," One of the sitting in front of me said, turning around.

"Um, new girl has a name, and it's Kelsi," I snapped back. A few people around us snickered. Apparently tough guy here, didn't like that.

"Well, Kelsi, I was wondering, since you're new, why don't you treat yourself to something special by hanging out with my at lunch." I just stared at him like he was on crack.

"Really? Was that supposed to be a pick up line of some sort? Because it was pathetic, just like you. If you think I'm actually 'treating' myself by being in your presence, then you need a serious reality check. You must have a really small dick if you have to make up for it with such a big ego." Everyone was now crying because they were laughing so hard. The bell rang as I gathered my things. "I don't have time to waste on assholes like you," I said, before walking out the door.

"Ok, seriously, can you teach my friend what you just did back there?" Kevin asked, still laughing as he caught up with me.

"I just hate guys like him," I said, shrugging.

"At least you know how to handle yourself," A knew guy, whom I was assuming was friends with Kevin, said as he walked on the other side of me.

"Kelsi, this is Joe, Joe, Kelsi," Kevin said, introducing us.

"You really need to teach Beth that shit," Joe said.

"She doesn't deal well with guys." Kevin explained.

"I see... I've just learned over the years. Sometimes it's a confidence issue." They both looked at me. "What?"

"Are you a psychologist or something?" Joe asked.

I started laughing. "No, far from it. I hate them actually. They're really annoying."

"That they are," Kevin said, agreeing. "So, you feel like hanging out with us at lunch?"

I sighed. "Sure, why not? I have nothing better to do."

They both stopped and faked hurt. "That hurts, Kels, that really does," Joe said, holding his hand over his chest. We all started laughing.

"Alright, come on, you freaks. Show me who your other friends are so I can see if they're as crazy as you."

"I like this girl, Kevin. Have I said that yet?" Joe asked as we started walking outside.

"No, you have not, Joe. But I would say I have to agree with you." These guys were really weird, but... My type of guys. They reminded me of Jeff, which was comforting.

"There they are! And they picked up a stray!" One of the guys in the group said.

"Don't talk about Joe like that, it's not very nice," I told him in all seriousness. Everyone looked at me for a few seconds, before cracking up.

"Can we keep her, Kevin?! Can we?! Can we?! I'll walk her, and feed her, and play with her! She's perfect!" Another one of the guys said excitedly.

"Ben, chill, dude," Kevin laughed, putting his hands on Ben's shoulders to stop him from bouncing up and down. "And, it's her choice if she wants to stay or not."

"Well, if you introduce me, I may stay," I said, smiling softly.

"Alright, this ball of energy is Ben, then there's Devin, Derek, Beth, Carson and Jake," Kevin said as he pointed to everyone. "Everyone, this is Kelsi." Everyone said hi and I waved.

"Welcome to the group, Kels. You're gonna have a lot of fun," Beth said smiling. For some reason, I felt like I finally belonged some where.
♠ ♠ ♠
last chapter of the night! hope you guys like.
comments = faster updates