Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 40

I was currently in a random room, playing the piano. Dad wasn't going on for another hour, so I had time.

Out of nowhere, Herold popped up onto the piano. "Hey, Kelsi." Ok, I know I'm on pain meds... But the duck is NOT talking to me. I looked under the piano and saw Bam. "Damn, I almost had you," he laughed, standing up. "Peace offering," he said, handing Herold to me.

"Jimmy?"

He nodded. "Yeah. They're watching Papa Roach before their set. He asked me to find you."

"Come on." I grabbed his hand and went to find them.

When we got to the side of the stage, I saw Jimmy. I walked over and jumped onto his back, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I'm sorry," I mumbled, kissing his cheek.

"For what? Being human?" He asked, smiling and patting my head. "I see you're back to jumping on people randomly."

"I learned from the best."

"How's your knee?"

"Sore."

"Did you take your pain meds?"

"Yes, Doc." I laughed, sliding off his back.

"Just checking," he said, putting his arm around my shoulders. "You takin' care of our girl, Bam?" Jimmy asked.

"Of course! I'm going to get her to help me with some things..." He said, smiling evilly.

I clung onto Jimmy. "Should I be scared?" I asked.

"It's Bam... Who knows?"

* * * * * * * *

After all the shows were over, Val told me to meet her on the bus. "They should've been here by now," she said, pacing around the cramped living space.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter. They're probably hanging out with the other bands." I couldn't blame them. That's why they were here. To have a good time and do what they love.

"It is not ok, Kels!"

"Val, it doesn't matter. I'll live. I'm a big girl," I said, standing up and heading to the bunks.

"Then why do you let it get to you?" I stopped, but didn't turn around.

"Because when you didn't feel loved your whole life, and then suddenly get a family that you grow attached to... The smallest things can upset you... And it sucks. I feel like a drama queen for it, but I can‘t help it." Just as I was about to start walking again, the door opened.

"Hey, Girls. Sorry, we were bombarded with fans," Matt said, walking in and giving Val a kiss. "So, what's up?" He asked, as everyone sat down. I stood in my place.

"Kels?" Val asked, snapping me out of my trance. I just looked at her. I didn't want to look like a little whiny brat. "Ok... I guess I'll start. You guys need to start giving Kels a little more credit than you are. She's an adult now and can make her own decisions."

"Then why are you talking for her?" Dad shot back.

"Oh, Brian Elwin Haner Jr. I would slap you right now if I wasn't trying to make a damn point." She growled.

"She's only talking for me because you guys seem to not listen to me," I said, speaking up. "I love you guys and I love that you care about me... But please, you guys need to give me a little breathing space. I was quiet for so long because, yes I was heart broken, but I didn't have much to say."

"Kels, we were worried because your whole personality changed! You were like the sun, and then you dimmed down... It scared us," Johnny said.

"Well, I'm sorry I worried you guys. But I'm fine. Promise." I turned and went to my bunk. I heard some mumbles about going out to drink, then silence.

* * * * * * * *

I woke up in a sweat after another very vivid nightmare. This one scared me even more than the others though... I slipped out of my bunk and went to Jimmy's. He wouldn't wake up. I tried all of them, and no one would wake up.

I pulled out my phone, my hands still shaking. "Do you have any idea what time it is?" A disgruntled voice asked.

"Alex?" My voice was shaky.

"Kels? What's wrong?"

"Can I come over?"

There was some shuffling. "Yeah, of course."

When I got to the bus, I buried my face into his chest. "What happened?" He asked.

"I had the worst nightmare ever and no one would wake up..." He sighed.

"Come on, let's get you back to sleep." He took me to his bunk, but I stopped. "Something wrong?" He asked, confused. He sensed my uneasiness, and nodded. "You take my bunk, and I'll take the couch."

"No, wait. I'm sorry. You need your sleep."

"It's fine, we don't play tomorrow." I didn't move. "How about we both sleep on the couch?" I nodded and we went back to the couch.

The next morning, I was woken up to loud voices. "Jack, is Kels here?" I heard Pete's voice.

"Yeah, she came some time in the middle of the night."

Pete groaned. "God, this kid is going to give everyone a heart attack one day." I heard him getting closer. "Kels, come on, Babe. You have to wake up." I slowly opened my swollen eyes. They hurt from crying. Was I crying in my sleep?

I sat up slowly and rubbed my face. "Did you find her?" I heard Dad's voice outside. I groaned, slowly getting up, only to have my knee buckle in pain. Pete caught me and helped me walk out. "There you are! Do you have any idea how long we've been looking for you?!" He said, rushing over to me.

"Kels, you ok?" Matt asked, looking me over. I just nodded. He brushed my hair back out of my face and kissed my forehead.

"She had a nightmare last night, Brian. She was pretty shaken up and you guys were all passed out good. That's why she came over," Alex explained, coming out after us.

Dad... Glared? Why the hell was he glaring? "Let's get you back to the bus. Thank you, Alex," Jimmy said, as he picked me up.

"Why him?" Dad asked as Jimmy lay me on the couch once we were back on the bus.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Why Alex? If you couldn't get us to wake up, why didn't you go to Pete or Coby?"

"Why does it matter?" I asked, anger building up in me.

"Because! I want you to stay away from him."

I stood up shakily. "Well, unfortunately, that's not your choice to make," I said, before going back off the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh... What's Brian's deal?
My bunny just died :'(