Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 45

I woke up in the middle of the night because of yet another vivid nightmare. "You ok?" Jimmy mumbled, running his fingers through my hair.

"Bad dream."

He wrapped his arms around me and lay my head on his chest. "You're ok, Kels. No one's going to touch you."

The next morning, I woke up to Alex. "Hey, Sunshine," he smiled, kissing my forehead.

I groaned. "Sunshine, my ass. What time is it?"

"Ten, but you should get up and get ready. A few of us are going to go out and explore today."

"Who's we? And where are we exploring?"

"Whoever wants to go, and just around. We are in Maine after all. One of our bands on this tour is named after this state!" I looked at him like he was on crack.

"You're lucky you're cute."

"That's what gets me by, right?" He asked sarcastically.

"Is she awake yet?!" I heard Frank's happy voice... Too happy...

"Hide me!" I yelped, pulling the covers over my head.

"Where is she? Jimmy said she slept in here last night," Frank said, confused. Then, it was silent... Wait for it... "Kelsi! This is no time for hide and seek!" He said, jumping onto me. I groaned as he landed right on top of me.

"Frank, I love you, but... Get off! You're killing my ribs."

He laughed, rolling off. "Sorry."

"Hey! Look who's finally awake!" Jimmy smiled, walking in.

"You sick, twisted, freakishly tall man," I said, shaking my head and glaring at him.

"What'd I do?" He asked innocently. "And what does my height have to do with this?!"

"You sicked Frank on me! That isn't very nice. Especially when he's hyper active! He's like the Energizer Bunny. How much fricken sugar has he had already?"

He just laughed. "I'll make it up to you if you do me a favor."

"What?"

"Stop being stubborn and go talk to your dad." I looked around at the three of them, before trying to make a run for it.

"Oh no, Missy. Let's go." Alex picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Traitor," I grumbled, glaring at... Well, at his ass, since I was currently upside down.

"It's for your own good." I smacked his ass. "What was that for?!"

"It's for you own good," I said, mocking him. He pinched my thigh. "Hey!"

"Ok, Children," Frank laughed.

"Look who's talking." Jimmy smirked.

"Hey!"

"Are we almost there? All the blood's rushing to my head," I groaned. I heard all three of them snicker. "Pervs!"

"You all better be decent," Jimmy said as he opened the door, totally ignoring my comment.

Alex walked in and set me on the bed.

"You suck," I groaned, closing my eyes. I heard him laugh and smooth my hair out.

"Ok, so, Brian? Do you want to start?" Matt asked Dad. He just stood there, glaring at Alex. Jimmy saw and smacked him upside the head.

"What the hell, Jimmy?!" Dad growled.

"Be nice, he's a good kid. He's been looking our for Kels, while you've been a dick."

Dad went to open his mouth, but Frank cut him off. "You have been a dick, Brian." He went silent and glared at the floor.

I sighed, knowing I would need to be the bigger person now. "Dad... That day at the pool, when you told me I was being a slut, it hurt. It brought back so many memories," I said, standing up. "I was called so many of those names, even when I didn't even know what they meant! So, instead of going and being depressed about it, I thought I would just try to brush it off and have fun with life... Maybe it wouldn't hurt so much. I just wanted to throw it back in your face." He still didn't say anything. He just kept looking at the floor. "Whatever, I tried," I told Jimmy, shrugging and headed towards the door.

"Kels." I stopped, but I didn't turn around. "I just... I didn't want to see you get hurt again... I just saw it happening all over again and I wasn't thinking when I said that to you. I'm sorry. I know it's not enough, but I am. And you shouldn't have changed just to prove a point to me."

"You are in no position to tell me what I should and shouldn't do," I said, turning to look at him.

"I know," He mumbled, looking away, ashamed.

"I didn't want to get hurt again either, Dad. I was scared when I started having feelings for Alex and I didn't know what to do! That's why I didn't get attached. Now, I realize that I was being immature just to prove a point to you. If Coby hadn't of dragged me out last night, I'd probably be waking up with a hangover right now...

“But I thought about a lot of things last night. I thought of how I've been through so much shit, but I'm still here. I thought about how Jeff cared about me so much, that he helped me through everything while I was still at the orphanage. I still even feel his spirit when I need him. I thought of how Aaron and I had a great relationship, but then he broke my heart... But, the thing I mostly thought about, was how you guys took me in and loved me no matter what. How you guys tried to make me a part of the family, when I was still a little unsure of it. The way Jimmy was always there to be my philosopher. Or how Matt was there to kick someone's ass for me. How Zacky was there to run into my room with a bat. Or how Johhny was there for when I needed someone to help me think of come backs... Or how you were there for me every time I had a nightmare.

“You all were there for me when I needed anything, and I just went off and made a fool of myself. I know a little fight shouldn't have gotten between us, Dad. You can't protect me from every little thing, though. I know you want to, but I need to learn... Alex is not a bad guy, and I wish you would just open your eyes and see that."

"I do."

"Wait, what?" Everyone was shocked.

"I'll admit it. I've been jealous of the new relationships you've made with Alex and a few others. I was skeptical of him at first, because I didn't want him to hurt you. Then, when I saw he was just a good kid, I thought was going to lose you... Like you weren't going to need me anymore," he whispered the last part, as his eyes started glossing over.

My eyes started to water a little. Sometimes I really hate being a girl. "You can't loose me, Daddy. You just need to learn when to back off. I'll always need you. All of you! So get used to it, 'cause you're in for life." I told the guys in the room.

"Oh great! Hurry, run!" Coby said.

"Ok! Now kiss and make up so we can get out of here!" Zacky said. I rolled my eyes, then looked back at Dad. He held his arms open and I walked over.

"I love you," he said, kissing the top of my head. "I promise I'll fix some things."

"I will, too."

"Damn, why does being a dad have to be so complicated?!" I just laughed.

"Hey! Is that all I'm good for? Is running into your room with a bat?" Zacky asked randomly. Everyone looked at him, before laughing.

I went over and jumped on him. He caught me and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "No, Zacky. You're also one of my teddy bears." I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"One? Who're the others?"

"Well, I can't name all of them, because there's too many. But one of them is Matt. That man and his damn dimples. They're just so cute."

"Hey! I'm a rock star! I can't be cute!" he said, crossing his arms and trying to look 'tough'.

I laughed. "Then what to do you want to look like?"

"Mysterious and dangerous," Jimmy said in a gay guy voice. "It's so sexy," he purred, sliding his hand up Matt's chest.

"Time to go!" I yelled and ran out of the room, almost everyone else behind me.

"You dicks! How could you leave me with him?!" Matt screamed, running out and away from Jimmy.

"Call me!" Jimmy yelled after him. He was just too convincing sometimes...

"So, Jimbo. You said you'd make it up to me." I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, right! Follow me." He smiled, holding up a room key. I looked at him confused, but still followed. "Now, on the count of three, run in and wake him up."

"Who's room is this?"

He smirked mischievously. "Bam's." I smiled and got ready. "Three!" He threw the door open and I ran to the bed and jumped onto the lump under the pile of blankets. I heard muffled groaning.

"Wakey, Wakey, Bamy!" I yelled, throwing the sheets up and crawling under with him.

"Kels..."

"Are you awake?"

"Are you aware I'm naked?" I froze, before bolting out, screaming.

"I'm scared for life!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol wow... So, they're talking again!