Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 49

*Bam's P.O.V.*

I hadn't gone in to see her yet... I was scared. I didn't want to see her hooked up to all those wires and... Motionless. I'll admit it, it scared the hell out of me!

Finally, after a day (or was it two?), Gerard and Pete had convinced me to go in with them. Brian was sitting in a chair next to her bed, as Alex sat a little further away. He was scared that if he got close that he would break her. Now I understood why...

God, please let her be ok. I need her...

*Kelsi's P.O.V.*

"Well, it looks like they're calling you back," Steve said, smiling.

"What? But I have so many more questions!"

"Which we will answer in time." Jeff smirked. "No go and be good. We're always watching over you."

Before I could say anything else, it was dark again. Then the faint beeping of a heart monitor. "Go ahead, Bam. You can get closer," I heard Jimmy say. A minute later, someone was touching my hand.

Then, I fully came to. The pain in my back hit me and I groaned in pain. The hand left mine as someone else's hand was stroking my hair. "Kels, Baby? Do you want me to get the doctor?"

"It hurts," was all I was able to say.

"Frank, go get the doctor," Dad said. "Shh, it's ok, Baby. It's ok," he whispered soothingly into my ear. I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I saw Bam and Alex in a far corner of the room. Why was Bam glaring at Alex?

"Go, Man, go! She's in pain, yo! Move it!" I heard Frank's unmistakable voice coming down the hall.

"Frank, yelling at the doctor won't help," Pete said. "What're you waiting for?! She's in there in need of you! Go!" The next minute, the doctor walked in.

"Ms. Haner, good to see you awake," he said, looking at my charts. "I'm sorry to tell you that I can't give you any more pain medicine. You'll over dose." I simply nodded. "Well, I guess I'll explain. You were shot five times in your lower back and are lucky to be here. You're lucky they weren't close to your spine either. They were all centimeters away from doing any damage. On a lighter note, if you show some improvement, I will allow you to leave. I know these guys are anxious to get you well and out of here," he said, looking around the room. "Especially the small one. He threatened to bite me on the way here if I didn't hurry. You've got a good group watching over you, Ms. Haner."

"They're not good, they're great. And you might want to get checked if Frank does bite you."

He just smiled. "I'm glad to see you still have a sense of humor after what you've been through. I'm sure you'll make it through just fine."

"You guys, I won't break. Why are you scared to come near me?" I asked Bam and Alex.

Just as Bam was about to answer, seven unexpected people showed up. "Kelsi!" Ky yelled from Michelle's arms. She let him down and he ran over and jumped onto the bed.

"At least Ky's not afraid to hug me," I said, giving him a hug.

"Mom said you gots a booboo! Do you want me to kiss it and make it better?"

"Sure, little guy. Give me a kiss on my cheek." He did, then wrapped his tiny arms around me again. I hadn't realized how much I missed this kid. He'd grown a little too in just a few months!

"My turn!" Frank said, starting to run over to me, but Jacoby caught him by the back of his pants.

"Careful, Frank," Coby warned.

"Dude! I know, damn." As soon as he was let go, he joined mine and Ky's group hug.

"I missed you, Kelsi," Ky mumbled into my shoulder.

"I missed you, too, Baby." I smiled, stroking his hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
... He he :) You guys know you love me! I have to keep you on your toes or it'll be boring. the doctor kinda reminded me of doctor House for some reason as I was writing it. Thought I'd just throw that in there. Plus, *gasp* what's up with Bam all of a sudden?

And Ky's back! Only for a visit though. He stayed home with the girls. (I hope that answered your question Nikki Sixx)