Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 50

I talked to the girls and Papa while everyone went back to the hotel to sleep. They were a little reluctant, but still left.

"Sweetie, why don't you come home for a little bit?" Lacey suggested.

"No, I'm having fun. Yeah, we've hit a few bumps along the way, but still."

"Just know you can call us if you want to come home. I can take time off work if I have to," Suzy said, indicating to her and Papa.

"I'll be fine. Really." My breathing was becoming shallow. I looked down and noticed Ky was asleep and was adding to the pressure towards my back. "Gena, can you please take Ky?"

Papa noticed my labored breathing. "Do you want me to get the doctor?"

"No, just ask the nurse if I can lay on my side." He pressed the nurse button just as Dad and the rest of the band walked in. They all walked to their girlfriend and sat down.

"Did you need something, Kelsi?" Kate asked, walking in.

"She was wondering if she could lay on her side," Papa said.

"It's getting hard to breathe," I explained.

"Ok, I'll just need a little help." Matt stood up and walked over. Kate told him what to do to help. Dad held my hand as I squeezed it in pain.

"Shh, it's ok, Baby," he said, stroking my hair.

"That should help. If you still have problems breathing, let me know and we'll figure it out."

"Thanks, Kate."

"Matt?" I mumbled, starting to get tired again.

"Yeah, Hun?"

"Can you sing?"

He smiled and sat next to Dad. They started singing a random song, that I didn't even finish listening to. Sleep over took me.

The next time I woke up, more people were here. I was a little hazy as I looked around.

"Hey, you." Pete smiled. I looked at the end of my bed and saw Dad was asleep.

"Dad," I said, trying to wake him up. Pete nudged his shoulder softly.

"Bri, wake up."

"What's wrong?" He asked, rubbing his face.

"Dad, go back to the hotel," I said.

"No, not 'till you can leave," he said stubbornly.

"Dad-"

"No need to argue with him. If your charts show improvement and you can move on your own, I'll release you. I know you guys need to get on the road," Dr. Henson said, walking in. He glanced around the room and smiled at everyone. "I see your guard dog isn't here," he said as he looked at my charts. Everyone laughed, knowing he was talking about Frank.

"He took Kyle out to get him out of the room for a bit," Michelle explained.

"Ok, let's try and have you sit up. Dad, go ahead and let her use you as a leverage." I took Dad's hand and slowly tried sitting up. Pain kept shooting through my back, but I bit my lip and sat up all the way. It took me a while, but I still did it. I just lay my head on Dad's shoulder and tried to stable myself.

"Alright, if you take it easy for a few weeks, you should be fine. But do go to have regular check ups just in case. Don't worry about the stitches, they'll dissolve. I'll give you a prescription to try and help with the pain. Most of all, change the bandages regularly."

"Ok, thank you," I said, smiling softly. I was just happy that I was going to be able to leave this place!

"Here, Kels. I brought you basketball shorts and a sweatshirt. I figured you'd want something loose," Val said, handing me the clothing.

I groaned, suddenly realizing something. "What's wrong?" Dad asked concerned. Oh this was going to be a fun couple of weeks.

"I just realized something," I said, looking at the girls. They caught on and started laughing. "That's going to be so weird."

"What?" Johnny asked.

"She won't be able to wear a bra for a little while," Leana explained, still laughing. All the guys were silent and just stared at her.

"Yeah, didn't really need to know that," Zacky said, shaking his head.

"Okay, boys out!" Gena said, moving them out of the room. Kate came back in to help disconnect me from all the machines. Val and Michelle then helped me into my clothes. It wasn't as painful as had anticipated.

I had to hold onto Dad as we walked out to the rental that was waiting for us. Bam had come, but not Alex. That had upset me a little. Maybe it was just the meds messing with my emotions.

We didn't go back to the hotel, but straight to the buses. I told Dad that I'd ride with My Chem to the next venue so the guys could spend some time with their girls. Papa and Suzy had left with Ky back to California after I left the hospital.

I was recently in Frank's bunk, trying to call Alex. Every time, it would go straight to voice mail. Tears stung the back of my eyes, and I didn't know why. I couldn't get attached. I wouldn't let myself go through that again. I txt Frank and asked him to come back to the bunks. "You ok, Kels?" He asked, kneeling down to my level.

"Has Alex called or txt you at all?"

"No, I think his phone's off. Why?"

"Did I do something?"

"Oh, Baby, no. He's just still in shock I think. He feels bad because he didn't do anything. He's just blaming himself."

"He doesn't need to," I sighed, closing my eyes.

"Get some rest," he said, kissing my head and walking back to the front of the bus.

When I woke up again, I noticed the bus had stopped moving. With great difficulty, I got up from the bunk and saw Bam sitting on the couch. He looked like he was deep in thought, until I approached him. "Hey," I said, smiling softly. "What's on your mind?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

"I have to leave the tour tonight..." I could hear a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Aw, no more stocking Ville and pulling pranks on Pete?" I pouted. He smiled... Barely. "Bam, you can talk to me. What's on your mind?"

"I... I can't put it into words."

"Well, how can you put it?"

He sighed frustrated and ran his fingers through his hair. "Alright... I have this friend." I smirked. Oh, he was going to pull the 'friend' theory.

"Go on."

"Well... He insanely likes this girl... Maybe even love, but that might be going too far... Anyways, the only problem is, she's with someone else."

"I see. Does she like this someone else?"

"I guess, it seems like it."

"How long have they been together?"

"I don't know."

"Well, just go up to her, and catch her off guard. Show her your feelings by kissing her. And not just a random kiss. Put feelings behind it."

"You think that would work?"

"Of course. Who wouldn't want Bam Margera?"

He smiled sadly. "I can think of someone." I looked at him confused. But before I could ask who, his lips crashed onto mine.