Sequel: Temporary Life
Status: Done! :) Read sequel!

Temporary Home

Chapter 51

I froze. My brain just wouldn't register what was happening. "Hey, Bam. I just- Holy shit!" We jumped away, causing me pain, and looked up to find John O. standing there. "Um, yeah... I, just, yeah."

"John, wait," Bam sighed, standing up. "I'll talk to you later," he mumbled, before practically sprinting off the bus.

"Bam, wait!" I called after him, trying to move faster than I was, which wasn't going too well. John grabbed onto my arm as I wobbled a bit.

"Do I even want to know what just happened, do I?" he asked softly.

"I don't even know what just happened, John," I sighed, rubbing my eyes.

"Come on, let's go try to find him."

We looked everywhere from him. Why was he such a damn hard person to find?! "Here, I'll call him," Ville said, pulling out his phone. He'd been helping us look for him. "Hey, Bam. Where'd you go? ... Oh, well, hang on." He paused and handed me the phone.

"Bam, where are you?" I asked sadly.

"On my way to the airport. Don't worry, Kels. It's fine. At least I found out."

"Bam, you didn't even give me a chance to react!"

"Well, then what would you have done?"

I sighed heavily. "I don't know," I whispered. "Alex and I have had a thing these last two months, give or take, and I didn't even think you looked at me like that."

"It's fine. Look, I have to go."

"Bam, wait-" Click. I groaned agitatedly and gave Ville his phone back. That was the last time I talked to Bam for a while.

* * * * * * * *

It's a little over three months now. Christmas had just passed, and I still hadn't heard from Bam.

We had two weeks off of tour for the holiday's and I got to spend time with my friends and family. It was nice. Daily showers and not a cramped living space. That was still taking time to get used to.

We were now back on tour, and I was taking over for Val for a few weeks. She had was staying home for a little while. I was currently laying out shirts as Jason helped me, when someone came up that I wasn't expecting. "Hey," he said softly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused. Why the hell would he suddenly just pop up out of the blue, when we haven't talked in almost a year.

"Kels, I want to apologize."

"It's too late for that, Aaron. So don't waste your breath," I said, turning and walking away.

"Kels! Come on! Please, can we just talk?"

"You had your chance to talk! Now it's come and passed. Just leave me alone." I went to head through the back door, but he grabbed my arm.

"Please... Just five minutes." His eyes were so pleading, but I wasn't going to give in.

"Fine," I grumbled, turning to look at him. "Talk."

"Kels, I'm sorry."

I scoffed. "You already said that."

He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I really thought things would get tense with us. You'd be gone on tour, and I'd be at college."

"So?! That's how people learn how to work through things! You don't just run and hide from them!" You could say I was still a little angry...

"I was young and stupid, Kels!"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I know."

"Would you just listen to me?!"

"What do you call what I'm doing now?!" He groaned in frustration and took a deep breath.

"I just want us to have some sort of relationship again, Kels. I miss you."

"If you're trying to get me back, it's not going to work... Friends? I'll have to think about that one." His eyes gleamed in hope. "Don't count on it too much." With that, I walked away.

As I was walking down one of the empty corridors back stage, I felt like I was being watched. I kept turning around, but no one was there. It was really starting to creep me out... So, I took off running.

Just as I was in reaching distance of a dressing room door, I was snatched up from behind and hand put over my mouth. "Pay backs a bitch, ain't it?"