Status: I love you all!

Faith Maria Winter

Broken Hearts

“No!” I shrieked, he pulled out the knife and threw it aside. Neither he nor Blake seemed surprised.

“A present for Blake?” he asked, his smile disappearing, “You really thought that Blake would think you love him? You’re in love with Logan,” Isaac laughed, “He probably felt your hate when he bit you and decided that you’d be useful,” he grabbed my throat, putting and awkward pressure on it that would surely break my neck if he tried hard enough, “You’re pathetic to believe that Logan loves you. Logan keeps trying to convince people to kill Blake for him. He used to be my best friend, but then I met Blake and changed sides. Now, I protect Blake from Logan and his puppets,” he gave me a taunting smile. I glared up at him, trying to push him off of me. He laughed, changing his grip so he could hold my hands down, “You might be strong, but I’m far more powerful than you are. I’ve had years of practice. You’ve had three nights. I can’t believe Logan sent you out this early; you’re not ready to take us on. I guess he was really anxious to kill Blake...or get rid of you,”

My mouth opened to yell at him, but his words started to sting, and I closed my mouth.

“Hit a nerve, did I?”

“Isaac, that’s enough!” Blake yelled, “There’s no need to hurt her like that,”

“Why not?” he asked, keeping his gaze on me.

“She’s a new vampire, and is very confused. Her feelings are all mixed up with the poison and the transformation. No one thinks clearly at first,”

“Are you saying she loves you then?” Isaac demanded.

Blake didn’t say anything.

“Thought so,” Isaac’s hands returned to my throat, “So, where’s your precious master? Will he save you?”

I tried to speak, but I couldn’t talk. His hands tightened. I shut my eyes tightly. I tried to push him off of me again, but he was right, he was stronger than I was.

I knew Logan was watching. He didn’t care about me after all. He lied to me, just so I’d kill Blake for him. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Blake saw me crying, but he could tell it wasn’t because of the pain of dying.

“Faith…?”

He lied to me! He’s watching me die right now! Coward! Coward! Coward!

“Coward!” I screamed, punching Isaac in the face. He fell off of me. I jumped to my feet and ran to Blake. He backed up, but I was too fast for him. I pushed him onto the ground and started punching him in the chest, “Why!” I screamed, “What’s wrong with me!” I was sobbing. Isaac stood near me, but didn’t stop me from punching Blake. Even Blake didn’t bother trying to stop me. I wasn’t actually hurting him. There was no blood, and no effort in my punches. I was just letting out all my anger.

I stopped punching him, and his silver eyes locked with my black eyes. He smiled and I collapsed onto him, soaking his shirt with my tears.

“I’m so sorry, Blake!” I cried.

“Shhhh, it’s okay. Everything will be alright,” he lulled, stroking my hair. Someone walked out of the forest and I froze. I heard a quiet growl from Isaac’s throat, and Logan’s chuckle.

“I knew this would happen,” he said, taking a few steps toward us before stopping. He smiled at Isaac, who had taken a fighting pose, “Blake, you’ve stolen the angel of my night,”

“I’ve stolen nothing,” Blake stood up. I still clung to him, keeping my face buried in his shirt, “You lost her. If you weren’t such a coward she might still be trying to kill me. You kept hidden, and broke her heart yourself,”

“I know the strength of the girl I love,” Logan told me. He caught my attention. I turned my head, listening to what he had to say, “I knew she’d be able to get Isaac off of her, with the right amount of force,”

“So you’re saying that you made her angry so she’d fight better?” Blake sounded disgusted. To me, Logan’s strategy made sense.

“I know how she thinks, Blake. I love her. It might not have been the kindest of ways to get her to fight, but it was the most effective,”

“You love me, Logan?” I asked, turning around to face him. Isaac and Blake looked shocked.

“Of course! Come here, my sweet,” Logan held out his arms, “I’ll protect you from now one,”

“You already promised to take care of me!” I accused, “You lied! You’re only using me to kill Blake!”

“That’s what Isaac said,”

“It’s the truth!”

“Is it?” Logan raised an eyebrow.

My voice caught in my throat. Blake’s arms wrapped around me.

“Yes, it is,” Blake said, “Logan, just leave. Isaac will kill you if he must. I suggest you flee like always,”

Logan didn’t move. He lowered his arms and stared into my eyes. He was so...sad. Tears formed in his eyes, and he quickly turned around.

“I’m sorry I did this to you, Faith, my love,” he said in a voice so quiet even my vampire ears had a hard time grasping his words, “I just didn’t want to ever lose you. My own selfishness drew you away from me…” He wiped his tears and walked into the forest, leaving me speechless. Isaac ran over to Marcus, who still hadn’t woken up. Blake didn’t move either. I’m not sure what his expression was, and I didn’t look up to see. I knew I was about to break his heart.

“Logan!” I screamed, struggling out of Blake’s arms. He let me go rather reluctantly. I started to cry, running into the forest, “Logan!”

I ran for hours, looking for him. I even checked his house. The servants were all killed, which only hurt me more. Logan wasn’t planning on coming back. I ran back into the forest, but my pace slowed as time wore on. It was almost daytime. I collapsed to my knees, feeling my heart breaking in my chest.

“I’m sorry…” I whispered, leaning against a tree. I was hungry and weak, there was no way I was getting back up.

How wonderful, I thought glumly, I’ve been a vampire just three nights, and already my life is ended. The sun will rise, and I will die. I really should position myself so I can watch the sunrise. I might as well enjoy the last moments of my life.

I tried to stand up, but fell. I lay in the dirt, sobbing. Closing my eyes, I gave up entirely. I gave up on living, I gave up on caring, I gave up on loving.