Everything Today

I

Kylie pulled her hair back into a tight pony tail on the top of her head and grabbed the pail of chicken feed. She opened the first door, then closed it behind her and opened the door into the fenced in area for the little birds. Some pecked at her hiking boots, but most watched her with amazement. Kylie smiled and stuck he hand in the pail, throwing the feed around the dirt of the fence. The chickens went crazy and nipped at the ground. A couple more handfuls and Kylie left the coop. Beth was sitting outside of the lush grass, waiting. Kylie grinned and wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead.

Her brown curls stuck to her head but she didn’t mind. She grinned and helped Beth up. Beth was the same age as her, born only two weeks before her. They didn’t look like sisters, but they sure acted so. Kylie had long legs and long brown waves that she usually kept up in a ponytail. She had green eyes, cat like almost and never wore make-up. You would never catch Beth without eyeliner and her short blond hair straitened. She was much shorter than her father and cousin.

“When is Katie going to get here?” Beth asked, walking alongside Kylie toward the house.

“She said she would be here at two. What time is it now?” Kylie asked, walking into their room. She grabbed a tank top and her bathing suit top.

“One Fifty Two...” Beth sighed, going to look for her bikini. Kylie changed quickly and waited for her cousin to emerge. When she did, they heard the front door open.

“Katie?” Kylie called out, running down the stairs.

“Yeah,” the pretty brunette smiled. “You guys sound like a herd of elephants.” She smiled, walking back outside.

Kylie and Beth followed, “Who don’t you sound like Jake,” Kylie laughed, hopping onto her ex-Amish best friends back.

“Well, someone has to, since you guys hardly listen to him either.” Katie laughed, shrugging Kylie off. The three joked and walked down to the creek. It took nearly a half an hour, but they spent a good two hours swimming up the mini-falls and trying to swim the current.

Around four thirty they made their way back to the farm.

“Kylie, are you serious about running the farm for the rest of your life?” Beth questioned the tallest of the three.

“Completely” she smiled. “I mean, we are what, right on the highway, we have the best farm in miles and everyone loves to visit. I have tons of ideas. I grew up here, and I plan on having my kids grow up here too.” She gave them both a serious look.

“Yeah well I think that is—“ Katie was cut off when Kylie started running to the farm. She looked over to see a very long limo pulled up in front of the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe?