All for Eternity

Reason

"Your eyes they're..." I cant even comprehend anything at this point I just know I'm freaked out.

"Laila." Her voice is soft and enthralling.

"You're alive?"

"Yeah I guess so." She examines herself .

"And you didn't tell me?!"

"How about we go inside?"

"That's what I said like not even two minutes ago." Jensen's laughs a bit as he walks over to Jess.

"You're... He... Okay." I give up on trying to understand and just head back toward the house. Shes alive and she didn't tell me! I cried so long for her thinking she was dead, ugh she better have a damn good reason for this. Or! Or I'm going to-" I missed you." I throw my arms around her and hug her tightly.

"I-I missed you too." Her embrace is gentle and warm despite the true temperature of it.She keeps walking still hugging me as I move to her side."Sit, everything will make complete sense to you in a minute." Shes much more soft spoken then Jared and Jensen, naturally. I was guessing she'd be pissed at me just the way Jared seems but she doesn't look it and if she is she isn't showing it. Jared slides a chair under me knocking me off my feet and sitting me down.

"Thanks." I look back at him with a shocked expression." I guess." The last words coming out mumbled.

"You're welcome." He takes a seat right next to me and puts his full attention on Jess just like Jensen who is now staring intently at her.She sighs deeply then looks down fiddling with her hands, looking for a way to start off.

"Let me just start off by saying I'm sorry." She looks up at me her eyes the deepest blue I've ever seen them. "I know I owe you more than just an apology but I want you to know I didn't want to leave you."

"But you left willingly with ... him." I glance quickly at Jensen. He half winces putting his hands up as if surrendering then leaning back in the chair. He lifts his feet up on the table, an attempt that is shot down by Jared.

"Respect the house, God!" He smacks Jensen's legs making a hallow sound from the jean.

"For a good reason." Jess hires her voice slightly to draw everyones attention back to the importance of the conversation."The night I left, believe me I broke down the whole drive away from here. I felt useless just the way I thought of mom all those years. I mean how much better was I than her? If I left you and dad the same way she did but the thing is there's a difference. She left because she wasn't woman enough to care for her responsibilities. I left because If I hadn't, you and dad would be dead right now and I couldn't even think of that as an option." she places her hands on the table strands of her hair falling forward, she pushes them behind her ear then looks up at me.

"Why?" My voice shakes slightly. "Why would we be dead?"

"When I met Jensen it just wasn't meant to be, for obvious reasons. His world; our world now." She looks toward him a look in her eyes Ive never seen. "Is a dangerous place for mortals but I didn't care to know better and I fell in love... I Soon found out not everyone in the immortal world is like Jensen and Jared. There are enemies; the ones who want the weak just to feel powerful...Unfortunately I came across one and he wanted me just for the game, the kill.He said he'd kill me if I didn't give myself to him .He'd kill everything I loved." She pauses then moves away from the table looking at me in horror as if shes just had a terrible realization.

"And If she stayed he'd kill her, Everything I love." Jensen walks toward her pulling her into a graceful hug."So I selfishly took her away from here somewhere I could hide her and then kill Joshua while Jared protected you and your father. But somehow Weeks turned into months and months turned into a years.We couldn't find him, till one day he found us. He caught me off guard and nearly drained every single ounce of blood from Jess." I close my eyes and shutter at the picture I'm painting in my mind."Me and Jared destroyed him but Jess's life was lost I had no choice but to change her." His bright green eyes darken at the memory.

The whole room falls silent. I'm grateful for the silence,it gives me room to establish it all.To think about what this all means and why they're making it seem like its not okay, if Jensen just clearly said they killed this enemy vampire. Vampire? It all seems like a fake novel I'm reading; getting lost in. Where everything from vampires to other supernatural beings may and do exists.

"That's what you meant?! When you said Jess was sort of alive!" My voice is filled with annoyance as I shoot a glare back at Jared.

"I told you I'd explain it all when the time was right. But you had to go and mess where you shouldn't! So now you have to find out like this.I had to go get Jess and Jensen to come and stop you from being stupid! Because I know damn well you wouldn't listen to me! You didn't the first time!" He clenches his fists and lets them loose to rub the back of his neck.

"It was innocent!" My heart feels like it drops to my stomach at the thought of Brendon.

"That's what you think!" He shouts over me.

"Okay! then tell whats the truth! Oh guardian of mine!"

"I'm telling you right now don't mock me! I could have let that damn vampire kill you but-" His words are said through clenched teeth and his posture is tense.His looks pierces straight through me as if he truly hates me.

"Jared!" Jensen shouts and shakes the table snapping Jared out of his anger."That's taking it too damn far!"

"You didn't have to go there." Jess balls up her fist and glares at Jared.

"I-I'm sorry I Don't even know why I said that... She just." He runs his hand through his hair turns his back to me momentarily." Laila, I'm sorry."

"Its fine." At this point I'm just a little too over heated to be rude to him."What does Brendon have to do with any of this? I fail to see the reason ."

"When we first came face to face with Joshua he was with three others, Brendon being one of them." Jensen looks back at Jess who still seem upset with Jared.

"So you're implying that he wants vengeance? Because You killed Joshua?" I hate the fact that they make a valid point. My heart feels like its breaking at the realization that they might just be right. Hes using me just to for revenge.How could I have been so stupid? Tears pool at the bottom of my eyes. "I'm such an idiot."

"No, You're not." Jess comes forward and holds my face between her hands. "Hes just horrible. If he is in fact just using you."

"What are we going to do?"Jared looks to Jensen for the answer.

"She graduates in two weeks so well let her finish school, keep a close eye on her. Then when school is done well take her away from here." He looks as if hes had this planned out for a while now.

"And what about Brendon ?" Jess speaks but doesn't look away from me.

"If he dares come after her then Well just have to end him like we did Joshua." I close my eyes letting the tears fall at the thought.

"How are you sure he really has intentions to hurt her?" She finally looks away from me and then turns to Jensen." How do you know its not really just innocent?"

"Because, How could it be." His expression softens when she places her hand on his face. He closes his eyes and holds her hand in his. I now understand the look she gave him earlier; it was love.

"Our love was innocent." She answers him .

"That's different." His eyes are now open as he lets her hand go.

"How so, Jensen? When we saw him with Joshua he didn't even seem aggressive, he backed off and left."

"Yes, but when they introduced themselves he clearly said they were brothers." Jared once again intervenes." Why would he not avenge his brother, Jess?"

"I wasn't talking to you ." She retaliates bitterly.

"Just saying."

"Hes right."

"...Fine, you're both right." she gives up and takes a seat next to me.

"Even if that's not the case what happens if they do fall in love? It just cant be." Jensen looks deeply at Jess.

"If that was true then we wouldn't be here right now." Her eyes sadden." Me and you would have never made it this far."

"Either way he'd end up killing her." She covers her mouth at the harsh sound of his words. "And I know you wouldn't want that." she doesn't say another word and I take it that's the end of it.

"Laila, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to... stop seeing him." Jess says almost in a low whisper.

"what?" I don't even know why I'm still fighting this when I know Brendon could be dangerous but there's something the way he kissed me that day. It felt real, like it couldn't ever be lie even if he tried.

"Please behave and just." As much as I missed hearing her tell me that it hurts now seeing the way it applies to the situation. I hold may face in my hands because I know now that she means it and I'll just have to obey.