Well That's Interesting

Well That's Interesting

I think supper at Daniel's went pretty well last night. I look at Angel's sleeping figure, I did love her, despite anything Mike says she's the one.

I creep out of our bedroom and sit on the floor in the hallway and dial Mike's phone number.
"Hello?" he answers. It didn't seem like I woke him up.
"Hey Mike, sorry for calling so early."
"Hey Tre," he sighs, "Listen I'm sorry I lashed out at you yesterday."
"Oh," I say shocked, "Okay."
"Its just minutes before you came over I got a call from my ex and she was on my case and shit so-"
"Yeah, I understand," I say clearly.
"If you want to marry Angel go ahead, you two are nice together."
"Thanks," I say clearing my throat.
"Well I gotta go now, I was just about to leave," Mike states, "I'll see you Monday."
"Right, bye." I hang up the phone.

I sit on the floor silent for a few moments. The bedroom door creaks open and Angel steps out into the hall.
"Tre baby, what are you doing sitting there?" she asks in a caring voice. I shake my head slowly.
"If only you knew."
"Tell me."
"I was so pissed at Mike because he was lecturing me yesterday and I call him today ready to lecture him and get pissed at him and then he apologizes so I have this weird fury and calmness thing."
"What were you two pissed about?"
"I wanted to propose to you and Mike said it was a bad idea and-" I stop in my tracks realizing I just told her I was going to propose.
"You were going to propose to me?!" she says wide eyed.
"Oh shit," I laugh. "Hold on." I stand up and run into our room and dig in my bottom drawer and pull out the box with the ring I had bought two weeks earlier.

I run back to where she's standing and hold the box open in front of her.
"Angel will you marry me?"
"Of course Tre!" she says excitedly.

-End-