Buried Alive by Love

Have a Little Faith in Me

"I call top bunk!" I mentioned as I threw my stuff into the bunk as I felt arms go around me.
"Wait, just a second, wild one," Shannon laughed in my ear as he pulled me back down with him.
"Hey!"
"Matt has some rules he wanted to go over with you," He laughed as I rolled my eyes at him.
"But I already know them," I looked at him.
"Come on," Shannon chuckled, "Before he starts yelling."

I followed Shannon back out to the table as I sat on the bench next to Jared as Matt stood up in the bus.

"Ok, Rave, since you haven't been on thr road with us in forever, there are a few guidelines you should follow."
"Do you have to follow them?" I questioned as I raised an eyebrow.
"Raven," Matt warned as I rolled my eyes at him, "Ok, first off, if you leave the bus, let one of us know. We need to know where you are so we don't leave you behind or something doesn't happen to you."
"Wow, shocking," I mumbled as Matt glared.
"Always keep your phone on you-"
"You do know this is pretty much a giant "duh" right?" I asked as Jared elbowed me, "Ow."
"No wild parties," Matt continued which I felt like bashing my head against the wall, "And no sex in the bunks."
"But elsewhere is fine?" I giggled as he scrunched his face.
"Alright, no sex til you're 40."
"Too late," I laughed as Jared laughed too.
"Raven, I'm serious."
"Matt, relax," I stood up to pat him on the shoulder, "I may be a spazz and slightly crazy but you don't have to worry about me."
"I worry all the time."
"I know you do," I smiled, "Mrs. Valo took good care of me. She brought me up for most my life, so don't worry."
"Says the girl who hung out with the Dudesons," Tomo mumbled as I shot him a glance.
"Matt, seriously, don't stress yourself out over anything."
"It's the Dudesons influence on you that I'm scared of."
"Those boys are harmless," I laughed, "Promise, I won't be too bad."
"Fine," Matt nodded, "I'm going to go call Libby. She went to visit her parents and I told her I'd call when we got on the road."

Matt went to talk to her somewhere on his own as the rest of us headed to the backroom to watch some random movie or something while on the road to the first stop. I, honest to god, had no idea where we where going for the first show. All I know is, I got picked up at an airport yesterday in LA then now I'm on the bus. I think Jared said something about going to Phoenix for a small club show tomorrow and then we were going to New York on a plane where we were getting the actual bus.

"Wait," I mentioned as I was deep in thought, "You mean this isn't the bus we're doing this tour on?"
"No," Jared laughed as he looked at me, "That one's in New York."
"So, who's bus is this?"
"Rented," Shannon mumbled.
"You mean I have to reclaim top bunk all over again? Damn you, Jared Leto."
"You still can have top bunk," Jared laughed as I pouted, "Promise."
"Shut up," I shoved him away lightly.
"Looks like someone doesn't like you," Tomo smirked as I crossed my arms.
"I'm liking Shannon more right now," I nodded towards Shannon, "But he's being all emo-like now."
"Emo like?" Jared asked.
"Not talking to you."
"Jared wants to know what you mean," Tomo rolled his eyes as I shrugged.
"He's all by himself and not talking. Plus he looks like he hates the world," I looked at him, "Come to think of it, he was like that since I seen him again."
"His girlfriend broke up with him last week," Tomo nodded as I got it.
"Oh," I looked at Jared as he shrugged, "I didn't know."
"Because you were in Finland," Shannon shifted as I watched him.
"Sorry," I gave him a sympathic look.
"I've got to pee," Shannon got up as I looked at Tomo and Jared like I did something wrong.
"Don't worry it's not you," Tomo smiled at me.
"I got the feeling it was."
"Talk to him about it," Jared sighed, "It's not our place to tell you."

The rest of the ride to Phoenix was short yet quiet. I did find out that the bands 30 Seconds to Mars were touring with were June and the Audition which I was stoked about. I love both those bands and I've met them before since they've been at a few competitions in Mammoth and Apsen, playing a few shows for entertainment. That brigthened my mood but this thing with Shannon was still bugging me.

The guys had gone to their small show thing which turned out to be some radio station show at 3 that they chose not to tell me but whatever. I was hanging outside the bus as I waited for them with my skateboard just pulling random tricks and keeping myself entertained when my phone rang.

"Hey," I smiled lightly as I seen it was Ville on the other end.
"You don't soud happy."
"I am," I sighed, "It's nothing, don't worry."
"I was just calling to see how things are going?"
"Eh, we're in Phoenix right now but then we're getting on a plane tonight to head to New York."
"I bet you're thrilled," Ville laughed.
"Oh yeah, 20 hour plane ride and then I'm back in the air tomorrow," I rolled my eyes, "My nights are still messed up."
"Well don't be too stressed. It's your time off."
"I know, I'm having fun."
"Just make sure to call mom and your friends so they don't worry."
"I know," I smiled as I seen Tomo walk towards the bus, "But hey, I'll talk more later. The guys are coming back."
"Alright, have fun sweetheart."
"Laters," I smiled as I hung up the phone to get back on the bus with the guys.

We had about 4 hours before our flight was leaving at 8, which gave us a while to just stretch our legs and relax before getting on the plane again. The sun was starting to fall in Phoenix but not to the point of sunset. It was just hanging around, creating that dim affect with shadows which usually tires me out around this time but right now it wasn't. I watched as Shannon walked off the bus with his camera as I followed him.

"It's beautiful out here," I mentioned as Shannon took a picture as he nodded.
"It is."
"You know, you haven't talked that much to me lately," I watched him as the wind blew my brown hair back, "Did I do something?"
"No," Shannon mumbled as he walked behind me as I let out a sigh.
"I know it's not all about me before you say anything," I turned to look at me, "And I know you just broke up with your girlfriend but don't take it out on me."
"I'm not."
"Then this short conversation stuff is happening because?" I raised an eyebrow as he shrugged.
"I can't say."
"Why?"
"I just can't," He didn't look at me as I got frustrated.
"Damn it, Shannon," I threw my hands in the air, "You were all sweet when I picked my bunk now it's back to being a dick."
I heard him sigh as he turned to look at me, "I'm sorry. I didn't-"
"What's wrong with you? You're like bi-polar or something since I've been back."
"I can't tell you right now," He smiled lightly as I watched him, "Maybe later but not right now."
"Whatever it is, I don't care," I shook my head, "I just want you to stop treating me like this."
"Ok," He nodded as I looked.
"Have a little faith in me Shannon, I may not be here all the time but I care about you. I love talking to you and knowing what's on your mind."
"Ok," He nodded with a smile as I felt like I got through to him on some level, "Wanna go walk with me before we have to get on the bus to get on the plane?"
"Are you kidding?" I smirked at him, "I'd walk to New York if I could."
"It'd take too long," Shannon held out his hand as I slowly took it.
"You try being on a 20 hour flight."
"I have with Jared," He laughed, "It's brutal."
"Then you understand my dilemenia."