Buried Alive by Love

Sun tan

When the plane finally touched down in New York, the sun greeted us as Jared helped me take my things off the plane. From there, we were placed on a tour bus to head to the next destination which was technically in New York but still it drove us to the venue.

Across the street from where they were playing, Travis Pastrana was signing things in which there was a line. I guess he was doing some stunt here in New York this afternoon or something and it was still early morning.

"Rave," Jared pushed me slightly, "Come on, we're going inside."
"Dude," I glared at him as I shoved him back, "You're annoying in the morning."
"I forgot you're not a morning person."
"Duh," I rolled my eyes as he motioned for me to hop on his back as he gave me a piggy back ride into the building.

I watched as people were pulling in instruments and the band was helping to set up as I couldn't help but want to go talk to Travis Pastrana but had no idea how to start that conversation.

"Tomo," I mentioned as he walked by, "Tell the guys I'm going to go outside for a bit."
"You feeling ok?"
"Yeah," I nodded, "I just need some sunshine to wake back up."
"Ok," He nodded as I walked outside to lean against the wall as I noticed that the line had died down and Travis was now walking out of the building.

His attention looked over to me as I tried not to look at him but he was walking towards me now.

"Do I know you?" He questioned as I shrugged.
"Maybe I'm a snowboarder and I do skateboard just not skateboarding professionally."
"No, not in that way," He started as I raised an eyebrow, "I swear to god, my mom had a picture of a kid who looked just like you on the walls when I was growing up."
"Interesting," I smirked at him, "Maybe in another life?"
"What's your name?"
"Raven," I stuck my hand out to shake his as he studied me.
"Huh," He thought for a second, "So are you from around here?"
"Actually," I noticed Shannon walk out of the venue for a second, "I'm with the band."
"Band?"
"30 Seconds to Mars," I nodded at him, "Matt's my brother."
"Oh," He nodded back at me, "Well if you guys are interested. I'm doing a stunt in a few hours outside of town."
"Ok, thanks," I smiled at him, "I'll see if they have time."
"If not, maybe you could come by yourself?"
"Maybe," I shrugged as he smiled.
"It was nice meeting you, Raven."
"You too."

I watched as he got into his car as I let out a deep sigh. How could annoy say we weren't related, I had no clue before hand. I mean I didn't use to think so but seeing him up close and personal, we had some similiarties. It was weird, normally I'd deny it but now seeing him face to face like that, it's like things were making some connection or something.

Shaking the thought, I skipped over to Shannon who pulled out a cigarette as I smiled at him.

"Hey Rave," Shannon smiled at me, "What's up?"
"Nothing really," I shrugged as I stood next to him, "What about you?"
"Cigarette," He took a hit off it as I nodded.
"Hey, are we doing anything this afternoon?"
"Don't know," He shrugged again, "Check with Jared."
"Ok."
"Why?"
"Travis Pastrana's doing a stunt and he wanted us to come watch him."
"You talked to Travis Pastrana?" Shannon raised an eyebrow at me as I bit my lip, "When?"
"A few seconds ago. He was doing some signing thing across the street and he walked over. He said he thought he knew me."
"Trippy."
"I know right?"
"Maybe he is actually related to you."
"I don't know," I shrugged as it got silent for a second.

"Hey Shannon?"
"Hmm?" He asked as he looked back at me again.
"I need to do some promo photos in a couple days and since I'm on the road but I told them that I'd still get them done, I was wondering if maybe you could do it?"
"For snowboarding?" He questioned as I nodded.
"Yeah, it's mainly stuff with my new team board I got," I smiled at him.
"You do know there's no snow around right?" He raised an eyebrow as I chuckled.
"Silly Shannon, who said anything about needing snow?" I smirked as I skipped off to the bus.

I hopped on the bus to flop down next to Jared as Matt just shook his head at me.

"What?"
"You're too hyper now," He smiled at me as I shrugged.
"And?"
"And it's wonderful," Jared kissed my cheek just as Shannon walked on the bus as he shot us a glance.
"I think I'm going to go suntan on the roof. Anyone coming with me?" I questioned as Jared got up.
"I will," He smiled.
"Good because I so needed to talk to you," I took his hand as we headed out to the roof.

As we were sitting there, I slowly pulled my shirt off my head to be in jeans and a sports bra as I sat on the roof as Jared did the same. The warm sun felt amazing against my skin as I didn't care to use suntan lotion or tanning oil today.

"So what's up?" Jared as as I turned my head slightly to look at him.
"I still don't think I can get through to Shannon."
"Aww," Jared cooed at me, "You're coming for me to help?"
"This one time, Jared," I glared at him, "i just don't know what to do."
"Well," Jared thought for a second, "Be alone with him somewhere."
"Eh," I shrugged, "I think he's going to do my team board promo things."
"See, that's a start," Jared smiled at me, "I don't know what takes my brother so long to realize what he wants though."
"Stubborn," I smirked as I looked over the edge to see Shannon walk by , "Hey drum god!"

Shannon looked up at me as I smiled down at him.

"What are you doing?"
"Tanning," I smiled at him, "Which you should so do too. Bring that sexy body up here."
"Yeah no."
"Don't make me come get you."
"You don't want me up there," He looked at me as I rolled my eyes.
"Get your sexy ass up here before I resort to drastic measures."
"She would," Jared called from his spot as Shannon sighed then walked over to the latter to walk up to the roof with me.

"See," I smirked as I stood in front of him now to tug at the hem of his shirt, "But there's a no shirt rule up here."

I pulled Shannon's shirt off him as I smiled at his abs when I went back to my spot. I had a feeling things were about to get super interesting now.