From the Strip to Strict

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence

Title Credits to Glassjaw.

This school is huge. I know that much. Let me break it down for you real quick. All of the upper floors are rooms for the students. Guys on one side of the building, girls on the other. Then the main floors are all of the classrooms. There is another floor. It is below the main floor. That is the kitchen and whatever else is down there. There is a building behind the main one for the faculty. That's where they stay. There are a few teachers that stay in the main building. Then my father and step mother. They stay in the main building. Christie with the girls, dad with the guys. There is a small building for the security. The there is another large building on the side of the school. That is the library. There is a medium sized building on the other side of the school, that is the rec room. It is only open on the weekends.

I follow my step mother down the stairs to the main floor, where all of the classrooms are. "This is where you spend most of your time during the day. You already know where the cafeteria is. Down this way is the computer labs and the main office. We have three separate computer labs. Two are for the teachers to use if they have the class in there. One is for the students if they need to use them. If you go down this corridor you will find the math and english classrooms." After that I kind of toned her out.

I followed her down many more corridors as she called them. There were many more rooms. Man how many classes could one school have?

Like of course they have math, science, history, and english. The main classes. Now after that it gets weird. Let's get into electives. They have the normal one like art, music, and computers. Normal right. You want the weird? Here they have fencing, dance, archery. Like what school has that? The one that caught my attention though was drama. I've always like the theatre.

"Alright that's the school. Follow me back to my office and I can get you your schedule." I nodded and followed her. I started to think about the electives that I wanted to take. Drama, music, dance, and art. Those where my top favorites. I couldn't take them all though.

I walked into her office and she shut her door. Her office was a nice size. All of the wood was a dark stain. She had four large book cases all dark stained. All filled with books.

She told me to sit down so I sat across from her. She sat down in her chair and started typing on the computer.

"All students are required math, science, history, english, and a foreign language. What language would you like to take? We offer french, spanish and german." She told me. I've wanted to learn german for so long. So that's what I told her. "You can take three electives." "Drama, music and art." She typed everything in and then printed off my schedule.

"Since the day is almost done I'm going to let you go to the library or computer lab. If you don't want to go to either you can go to your room. Please don't walk around the halls during the class though. Here is your school hand book. Please read it over. I will get you two school uniforms. Your father already got your books. I will get you the books for you elective classes by tomorrow morning. Your father already put your books in your room." She told me.

I went back to my room and pulled out my laptop. While twitter was loading I looked over my schedule.

Mon: math, science and music
Tues: history, english and drama
Wed: math, science and german
Thurs: history, english and art
*Fri: math, science and free

* will change weekly.

'Joy' I thought in my head.

"So I'm in London. My dad got re married."

"her family owns a school"

"so now I'm stuck at a boarding school"

"Ravenshire look it up"

I then logged off of twitter and went to sleep. Jet leg was starting to kick in.