From the Strip to Strict

Why Can't We Be Friends

Title Credits to Smash Mouth.

When I walked into the room there were already a few students there. I walked over to the teachers desk. "Excuse me I'm new. My name is Mary Sinclaire. Where should I sit?" He smiled at me. "Welcome to the class Mary. My name is Mr. Ryland(Seth Meyers). Hmm, have a seat in the third row, last seat in the back." I smiled at him and walked back to my seat. There were a few students around my seat.

"Hey, I'm Jared and this is Brad." A guy sitting next to me said pointing to a guy in front of him. "Hey, I'm Mary Sinclaire." I told them both. "So do you like it here so far?" Brad(Oliver James) asked. "I liked my old school better. I mean I just miss my old school is all. The uniforms here suck. But other than that I don't really know." I explained to them. "Don't worry you'll start to like it. Jared(Jackson Rathbone) said. "Yeah people have been telling me that. It must be a cool place then." I laughed. "It is when the rec room in open." Jared said laughing. "So this place is cool on the weekends?" I asked laughing a bit. "Friday through Sunday. That's when the rec room is open. That's when it's most fun." "What do they have in the rec room?" I asked either of them. "A lot of stuff. They have a pool table, computers that don't block all of the cool sites, and everything. Video fames, a couple of TV's, it's great. You'll love it there."

So nothing very eventful happened the rest of class. Actually it was kind of boring. I got quiet a bit of homework. Man I hate homework, I got vocabulary to do, answering questions, and a report. Good thing the report only has to be three pages. That shouldn't be too hard. Plus I get the choice on what historical person I want to do the report on. The bell rang and I got my books and papers together and put them in my book bag. Then pulled it over my shoulder.

"Where are you headed to now?" Jared asked me. "Um, english." I told him showing him the room number. "I'm going past the room, I'll walk you there." I smiled at him. "Thanks." So I followed Jared down the hall. It wasn't too far from my history class room. "Hey you have this class with my sister." Jared said. "Well I have to get to my class but I'll catch you later alright." "Alright." He walked off and I walking into the class room.

The teacher was a female. Her name is Mrs. Beatermen(Julie Andrews). She told me to sit in the second row, third seat back. So I sat down in my seat. both Maria and Mick were in this class. Then a girl with dark hair sat to the right of me, and a girl with dark hair sat behind me.

"Hello I'm Nicole(Rachel Bilson)." The girl next to me said. "This is Emma(Emily Browning)." Said pointing to the girl behind me. "You must be new here."

"Yeah, I'm Mary Sinclarie." I told them. Maria sat in front of me with Mick on the other side of me. "You do realize you can't be friends with them, right?" Maria said turning around. "And why can't I be friends with them? I should be able to be friends with whoever I want." I said getting annoyed with her. "You can't be popular and be friends with people like them. Wasn't it like that at your old school?" Sure it was but why should I tell her that. "No it wasn't. People were friends with whoever they wanted to be friends with." She said nothing because the class was going to start.

Again the class was boring. It went by kind of slow. Finally it started to come to an end though. I didn't have too much homework, which was good. All I had to do was reading.

Romeo and Juliet, which is good. I like the movie. I love the book. We are going to have test on it. I have to have it finished by next Friday. That's when the test is. The bell finally rang, adn I grabbed my things to head to lunch.

"Do you want to eat lunch with us?" Emma asked. "Sure, that'd be cool."

I followed them to the lunch room. I sat down next to Emma. Nicole sat next to jared who I learned are twins. There was a guy I didn't recognize sitting by Emma. He was talking to other people though.

I learned the mystery guys name is Daniel(Chace Crawford). He is Emma's older brother. He is way popular. He is not a jerk though he is very nice.

"So how are you liking your classes so far?" Brad asked. "So far they are kind of boring. I'm hoping art is better." They all asked me more random questions. I answered them all. When lunch was over Brandon walked up to me.

"Why didn't you eat with me and my friends?" He asked walking out of the cafeteria with me. "I was sitting with some other people I met." He looked at me and then behind himself. "You're friends with them?" He said a little shocked. "Why can't we be friends?" I asked him. "It just doesn't work like that. The popular people just aren't friends with people like them." This comment angered me a bit. "Maybe I should just be friends with them, then. They didn't have any comments to make about you. They don't care who I'm friends with." He put his hands up in defense. "Alright. I'm sorry. You can be friends with whoever you want. But, will you sit with me at dinner?" He asked very sweetly.

I smiled at him. "Fine, I will sit with you at dinner."

Art was cool. The seating is, well you just sit wherever you want. The teachers name is Ms. Santiago(Penelope Cruz). She is a cool teacher. She is very nice. She is more of a go with the flow type of person. She just gave some drawing for homework which is easy.

So during class I just worked on my homework. I have this class with Daniel, but he talked to his friends the whole time. So I didn't bother him.

When the bell rang we had an hour until dinner. So I walked to my room and dropped off my books before heading ot the library.