‹ Prequel: Raped, and Pregnant?

17 and Pregnant.

Mother.

You would've believed my mom was worried about me, but as I noticed, she wasn’t. Not once did she bother calling me, though I didn’t show up the whole night. Even when didn’t come home the following day either, my oh so loved mother didn’t show any signs of life.

She just abandoned me, it seemed. Though, I hadn't even told her about the pregnancy yet. I didn’t feel like talking to her. I was going to do it later.

The following week, I didn’t show up at home, not even at Jen's. Though, the girl called me, I didn’t pick up. I wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone. Still trying to get over the fact that I was going to have a baby, and that I had to tell my parents, I tried hard to get through on the streets.

Going home wasn’t a choice, neither was staying with Jen. I even tried talking to Max once. I know I said I didn’t want him to know about this, but if I was going to raise the child alone, he would've had to pay at least.
However, I didn’t get through to him. Either his phone was turned off or he simply didn’t answer it. The day I went to his house, he wasn’t at home of course. The guy was avoiding me the best he could.

By now, he still didn’t know about his baby, as did my parents. I hadn't brought up the courage to talk to them, yet.

I even started smoking pot to calm me down, though I knew it wasn’t good for the baby, at all. I just couldn’t care less at the moment. Drinking was another problem I had built during this week.

The first time I went to Wal-Mart to get some food, I met this guy. We became friends. I actually told him I was pregnant, though I have no clue why I did that. Daniel didn’t care about it, he still got me the alcohol and drugs I needed. Just like me Dan wasn’t twenty-one yet, but he knew how to steal the stuff very well.

This guy was the only one I talked to since I did the pregnancy test. However, he talked me into telling my parents. It couldn’t get worse. After all, I was already living on the streets.

So, I went home, taking Dan with me for support, though he wasn’t going to go into the house.

Slowly making my way to the front door, I knocked loudly. Only seconds passed, until my father opened the door, looking at me with disgust in his eyes.

Jen couldn’t have told him, could she?

"What are you doing here?", were his first words.

"What is your problem, dad? I'm living here, you know?" I almost yelled at him. Hadn't he been worried at all?

"You didn’t show up for days on end. You mother was worried sick, which actually got her into the hospital, while looking for you."

I was shocked. My Mom was in the hospital.

"Wha-- Why?" I choked.

"Oh just because she took the car, drove through the whole town, searching for you. And of course some stupid motherfucker couldn’t leave the car after drowning half a bottle of tequila and crashed right into your mother's car."

"I - Can I see her?"

"Get in the car."

So I was going to the hospital, only to see my Mom lying there, probably in a horrible state.

As I thought, my mother looked horrible. She had bruises everywhere, a cast on her left leg and right forearm. Her head was wrapped up, as if she had had a brain surgery. She was even put onto these machines, that kept her breathing.

This was my fault. Had I told her earlier, she wouldn’t have had to look for me. She wouldn’t have had this car accident. She wouldn’t have lain there.

"Is she going to be okay?", I asked as soon as the doctor came in.

"I'm afraid, she might not be. I'm sorry, but your mother is in a pretty bad state. She can't breathe on her own. She had a brain damage when she got here, we tried to fix it, but we can never be sure, how this affects on patients bodies."

"But she'll wake up, won't she?", by now I was crying, sobbing into the sheets on her bed.

"We can only wait and see, I'm sorry. She could wake up tomorrow, it could also take month or even years. Maybe she's never going to wake up. Right now she's in a coma."

"I can't… I have to leave."

With that I ran out of the hospital, still crying. No special destination in mind, I just ran. I knew where it would take me, I knew this way all too well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaay, it's here :]
Tell me what you think?
Feedback keeps me writing xP