Unapologetic Apathy

.PRoLoGUE.

Rain lashed at the windows of the old house, soaking the outside but doing nothing to clean the grimy interior.
Gerard Way lay spread-eagled on an old, creaky bed, watching water drip from the yellowed ceiling.
Wretched as it may seem, Gerard enjoyed this time more than any other. This brief resting period between..appointments when him and his morbid thoughts could be left alone together. That day, the peace was quickly shattered by a timid knock on the carved wooden door.
"Come in," Gerard said hoarsely, getting up from his sitting position to greet his newest client. He felt a certain measure of relief when he saw that it was another bi-curious teenage boy, there just to see what it was like to get fucked.
Visits of this kind were usually over soon.
Still without speaking, the boy stepped closer to Gerard. As he did, Gerard realized he wasn't a teenager, but a young man. Oh, well. At least he wasn't old or fat.
"H-hello," the young man stammered. Gerard inclined his head. The young man stood uncertainly at the foot of Gerard's bed. He looked like he didn't know what the hell he was doing there.
That makes two of us, Gerard thought wearily before stripping off his black shirt and pants. The young man awkwardly did the same, shedding his clothes and then standing before Gerard, shivering slightly from the draft. Gerard motioned for him to come to the bed. Once he complied, Gerard initiated a kiss.
For a while after that, there was nothing to be heard from the bed save for the sound of lips moving against each other and presently, a low exhalation of pleasure.
Once the job was done, the two lingered in the bed a moment, together.
Perhaps wondering each other's stories.
But as Gerard turned to the still-nameless youg man, all he said was,
"I charge extra for cuddling."
This brought a surprised and slightly nervous laugh. Gerard continued:
"There's a bathroom down the hall. Shower or whatever if you want, just leave the money on the dresser.
The young man bit his pierced bottom lip.
"If I paid extra, could I stay for the night?"
"It's not a bed and breakfast," Gerard smirked at the pun.
"I know, but..please? I haven't got anywhere else to go. And I'd pay you a lot extra!"
Gerard considered. He didn't have anyone else lined up..aw, fuck, he might as well.
"Fine. You can sleep up here with me."
The young man looked surprised.
"I-isn't there a couch or something? Or I could sleep on the floor."
"You already had sex with me. Can't we sleep next to each other for a few hours?" Gerard asked dismissively. The young man nodded and settled in a polite distance from Gerard.
"So what's your name, then?"
"Frank."Oh, good, I was getting tired of calling him "the young man."
"I'm Gerard."
"That's a nice name.." Frank muttered sleepily, before his breathing became more even, and he slipped into unconsciousness.
Gerard stayed up a while longer, rolled a little closer to Frank to feel his body heat.
Nope..no good. Still cold..in here.