Unapologetic Apathy

.o1.

Frank Iero, who was always one for paying attention to detail, memorized the way that the watery morning sunlight fell on Gerard Way's face.
He memorized the curve of Gerard's lips and the dead white of his skin and his small, pointed nose.
He memorized the way Gerard's jaded expression melted into one of strange innocence while he slept.
Then, Frank reached out and brushed the tip of his finger against Gerard's cheek.
He quickly snatched his hand away, but Gerard's sleep didn't seem to be disturbed. So Frank touched him again, this time hesitantly tracing along his jawline.
Gerard twitched, but then resumed peaceful slumber. In a number of cautious touches, Frank had also memorized the feel of Gerard's skin.
For a few minutes, he allowed himself to get lost in Gerard's eerie beauty. Soon, however, the feeling that he shouldn't get too attached overwhelmed him and he simply burrowed closer against Gerard and fell back into a light sleep.
He was woken later by a curious hand sliding over his hipbone.
Frank opened his eyes just a crack, which revealed an inquisitive-looking Gerard regarding Frank in much the way Frank had been looking at Gerard earlier.
Gerard, not noticing that Frank had woken up, returned to touching him, raking his fingers gently across Frank's stomach. His fingernails scratched softly against the skin, making Frank shiver in spite of himself.
Gerard paused, then continued touching Frank in random places. Several times, he had to bite back whimpers and moans as Gerard made him painfully aware of exactly what he did for a living.
Finally, Frank gave in, arching his back and moaning loudly.
Gerard took his hand away, looking amused and not the least bit concerned about what he'd just been caught doing.
"I was wondering when you'd wake up," he said with a smirk. Frank heaved a sigh and tried to look as pathetic as possible. Apparently, it worked.
"Whats with you?"
"I'm a hobo," Frank replied. tonelessly, not caring that the statement made next to no sense.
"Uh, okay." Gerard, apparently content with that answer, nudged Frank off the bed, causing him to fall in an unseemly heap on the floor.
"Arent you going to ask me why Im a hobo?"
"Why would I? Its not like we're ever gonna see each other again."
Frank, who had been too preoccupied with the utter strangeness of his situation, hadnt really given much thought to the fact that it was most likely he and Gerard would never meet again. Surprisingly, it saddened him a little. Gerards face, however, was impassive.
"Fine. You dont have to ask. Ill just tell you." Frank felt that someone should know the injustice the world had just shown him, even if it was just a random hooker.
The "random hooker" rolled his eyes and started making the bed.
"So I used to sleep with my landlord Pete, right? But I dumped him because, I dunno, it was getting kind of weird between us. And then he evicted me!"
Gerard fought down a smile.
"Is that even legal?"
"Apparently. He'd just make some shit up if I pressed charges anyway," Frank said dismissively.
"And why, again, do you feel I need to know that?"
"I don't know, Frank muttered, eyes downcast. I just..felt like someone should know?"
"You wanted someone to bitch at, you mean."
"I guess." Frank admitted.
Gerard knew his kind.
Young and impressionable, not yet jaded, thinking that wrong was always punished and justice was always restored. With the unfailing attitude that its alright, things would work out in the end.
Optimists.
At first, hed kind of enjoyed the younger man's company. But now, finding that he was just like everyone else, all Gerard wanted was for him to leave.
"Well find someone else. I have clients to attend to," he hissed.
Franks face was a mask of momentary hurt, surprise, and confusion. Finally, it went blank. Grabbing his jacket from the floor, he got up and walked out.
Gerard watched him go, wondering why he felt even emptier with the young man, with Frank, gone.
--
Comment?
//Please?//
[[<3]]