Status: Complete

Emergency

Epilogue

September 1, 2028
Nick's POV


Staring at the computer screen, my heart started to beat faster and faster with every passing second. I was torn. I could buy the ticket, show up, beg and plead for her forgiveness, or I could dream of her every night, wake up with an aching heart, and think about what could’ve been. I don’t know why this has taken me so long. It’s been eighteen years since I’ve seen her beautiful face. Eighteen years since those gorgeous baby blues had stolen my heart.

I had been more than surprised when I got a call from her father a few months back, checking up on me. Of course, I had asked about Hallie and he told me she wasn’t happy with her life. I should have hopped on a flight months ago. Something was holding me back. Fear. Intimidation. Regret. I never should have left her. From what her dad had told me, she wasn’t attached to anyone. Every relationship she’s been in has crashed and burned in a matter of time.

I hadn’t tried since Hallie. There was the occasional girl now and then, to keep me from getting lonely. But none of them stuck around. Somehow, they knew that I was in love with someone else. Someone I couldn’t seem to let go of.

Impulsively, I clicked the mouse, charging five hundred dollars onto my credit card for a one way flight to Los Angeles. I was eighteen years too late, but hopefully she would forgive me. I couldn’t imagine a life without her.

I couldn’t expect her to cry and fall into my arms like everything was okay. All I could hope for was her forgiveness and her love. I needed it; I needed her. And if she would have me, I would never walk away from her again. Pocketing the box containing a diamond ring in my pants pocket, I stood up from the computer chair and went to my bedroom to pack my bags. I was going home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got 8 comments last chapter, thanks guys. Let's go out with a bang, shall we? Leave me TONS of comments and it would make my life.
And this is it. It's over. No sequel. Because in present day, they're 35. You have no clue how awkward it would be for me to write about two grown adults falling in love again.
And plus, I really like this epilogue because you can use your imagination to figure out what will happen. She'll either take him back or turn him away. It's up to you to determine how this story ends.
I have two other current stories that you should check out. One is Joe, the other is Nick. Also, I put up two one shots a couple of weeks ago. Neither of hem have any comments :/