Status: Active

The Stupid Stories Were Real?!

We Get To Go See The Crazy. Yay

My music pumped through my speakers as my mom came in my room to get me up. “Come on Sandi! Get up! We’re going to Grandma Jane’s today!” She said too cheerily for this early in the morning.

“Oh great,” I said sarcastically. “We get to go see the old crazy. Yay.”

“Now I’ll have none of that! You used to love your grandmother! What happened to that?” She said going around my room picking things up.

I rolled out of bed yawning. “Just leave that stuff, mum, I’ll clean up later and what happened was the fact that I grew up and learned her stories were just that. Stories,” I said slightly bitter.

“Of course dear,” she said shuffling out of my room. I felt slightly guilty, but then I remembered what happened…

Flash back

I hugged my binder closer to my chest and hoped the forming tears in my eyes wouldn’t fall. “Peter Pan is real!” I screamed at the bully in front of me.

“No he isn’t! You’re in the seventh grade and still believe in fairy tales, literally!” He teased further. “Here’s what I think of you’re STUPID Peter Pan!” He said taking my drawing from me and ripping it apart. He walked away laughing.

I scrambled to pick up the pieces bawling and vowing never again to believe in the stories my grandmother’s tall tales.

End Flashback

That vow still rings true today. Now whenever we visit my grandmother I sit in a chair and pretend to listen for my family’s sake.

I pulled some skinnies and a band t out of my closet, showered, changed, and put on eyeliner and mascara. I was in the middle of getting my iPod and stuffing it in my bag when my twin sister, Theya, walked in. “Come on Sandi we gotta go!”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m coming.” I said dryly following her out. I had a feeling that today would be very interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't very long, but it will get better.