Status: slowly active.

I Am the Boy on Your Girlfriend's Lips

THIRTEEN

“Sorry to ‘ave interrupted yer make out session. Weren’t really tryin’ to, but everythin’ ‘appens for a reason, wouldn’t you say love?”

“What?” my eyes bulged and my mouth dropped. I was fairly certain that I looked completely ridiculous. But that was the last thing I gave a fuck about at that moment.

“Didn’t think I saw?” a smirk situated itself on his lips.

“To be honest, no.” I admitted, returning my expression to a slightly less retarded looking one.

“Well, I did. Not much though. Just enough to see scarecrow’s hands creepin’ on up yer shirt,” he gave a chuckle at this. I really couldn’t find the humor in this at all.

I was certain my face was now the color of ketchup. Nothing more embarrassing could’ve happened. Not even seeing me naked. Cause, funny thing, Josh had already seen me naked.

I had no words. What could I say? I’m sorry? Sorry for what, though? John was my boyfriend. He was the only boy I was supposed to be kissing. Not Josh. If anything I should be apologizing for sleeping with Josh. That was the reason this entire situation was awkward. But I think it was a little late to be apologizing for that.

“”Ey love, lighten up,” Josh laid a comforting hand on my forearm. “S’okay. I promise. Yer allowed to kiss yer boyfriend.”

“But I thought…” I trailed off awkwardly. Because truth be told, I didn’t know what I thought.

“Thought what?” the question was obviously rhetorical because Josh continued on, “You act as though I’ve never done this whole man on the side deal before.”

“What?” I repeated for the second time in the spans of five minutes.

He had a hearty laugh at this. “Was only kiddin’. I’ve never done anythin’ of the sorts. But I do know that I’ve no rights to be angry or upset when you kiss yer bloke. Although, I was lead to believe that didn’t happen.”

“It doesn’t,” I clarified quickly. “Well at least not recently. It used to. All the time, in fact. And God was it wonder—oh, uh, never mind that. Details are irrelevant. Point is, John hardly even looks at me anymore so that whole scene was completely unexpected.”

Josh stared at me with an assumed look. “S’funny when you get yer knickers in a twist. You talk a lot. A whole lot. Fast, too. Yer face gets red and you use a bunch of hand gestures. S’quite comical.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “I'm glad that’s what you got out of that.”

“No, I heard every word you said. Each and every syllable. Just figured that was more important. Tryin’ to lighten up the mood,” he gave a simple shrug.

Lacking a response yet again, I let out a heavy sigh. Josh just stood there and looked at me. It was a bit uncomforting the way his eyes stayed fixed on me instead of looking somewhere else. Anywhere else.

“Quit looking at me,” I whined and tried to place my hands over his eyes.

He quickly snatched my hands up in his significantly larger ones, “And why would I do that?”

I tried to wiggle out of his grasp. No luck. “Because your staring is creeping me the heck out.”

‘S’not like there’s anythin’ better to be lookin’ at,” he smirked, knowing full and well just how smooth he was being.

“Oh Josh, you’re so smooth, I’m swooning,” I cooed sarcastically, bringing my face near his and batting my long eyelashes.

“That’s what they all say,” he replied and then did something very stupid. He pulled me flush against him, still keeping grip of my wrists and kissed me.

Unlike all the other times I had just melted into Josh’s kisses, this time I didn’t hesitate to pull away.

“Are you out of your mind?” I hissed, wiping away the kiss from my mouth.

The previous taste of John’s kiss mixed with Josh’s recent one made my stomach churn. It wasn’t right.

“My boyfriend is not even 20 feet away from us and you decide to kiss me? Have you no sense at all?”

“Not when it comes to you, no,” he grinned lazily. “’Sides, s’not like he were lookin’. He’s probably layin’ down, being exhausted from being a rock star an’ all.”

“Too bad you don’t actually know that,” I crossed my arms to display my irritation.

“I’d put money on it.”

“Too bad I'm not into gambling,” I countered.

“Don’t get mad at me, Tristan,” Josh’s grin vanished. “We never set up any sort of rules or even talked about what’s goin’ on between the pair of us. ‘Sides, I thought the whole point of this were to have some fun. Some thrill. What could be more thrillin’ then kissin’ some handsome British devil when yer boyfriend’s only feet away?”

Idiot. Josh was an idiot. But he made a good point. Regardless of how big an idiot he was. “Fine, you’re right. We haven’t talked or established anything, so therefore, we should. Pick a place and a time Josh, and we’ll talk, like you want to.”

“Alright,” the grin was back. “Right now. Come camping with me.”

Camping? Where the hell are we going to go camping at?”

“There’s a little spot on a beach not too far from here. I found it last year while we were here on tour. It’s phenomenal,” he explained.

“But I don’t have any camping supplies…” I informed him.

“S’okay, I’ve got some. Always be prepared, love.”

“Alright,” I sighed with defeat. “I’ll go camping with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter is dumb. and short. but i really needed to update. because i feel so bad for just leaving you guys hanging like that. especially since this is my most popular story. so, here you go!
the next chapter should be good C: this is when feelings are said and shit goes down. it even might get a little steamy if you know what im saying wink wink.
you guys should check out my other story she's so bright, featuring the wonderful john o'callaghan.
feedback would greatly be appreciated! seeing as i haven't gotten any in a while on this story.

xoxo beckah