Status: slowly active.

I Am the Boy on Your Girlfriend's Lips

NINE

"Passes please," the security guard at the Hurley Stage demanded. 

I pulled my backstage pass out from my back pocket and flashed it to him. Josh had done the same thing except his pass was hanging  from a lanyard around his neck. 

"Alright, you can go in," he said, stepping aside. 

We walked up the back steps and onto the stage. Well, backstage. 

"Y'know I think these security blokes should recognize tha talent," Josh prattled on as I walked around, searching for my boys. 

After Josh had kissed me and told he didn't care that I had a boyfriend I had simply said "You're waisting your time, lard-ass," and proceeded to get ready. There really wasn't anything awkward about it. I had actually figured Josh was just joking. Because, well, he's rather famous and he could have lots of other girls, so I didn't think he would waste his time perusing some frizzy-haired, loud mouth, sarcastic-ass, girl who already had a boyfriend. It seemed highly improbable, so I just let it slide. 

"They do," I said at the same time I spotted Garrett near a water cooler. "It's just that you don't have enough talent to be recognized."

Josh gasped and it obviously staged. " 'Ow dare ya say that. 'M supremely talented." 

I gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Keep telling yourself that, chunky."

He sniffled, wiping away tears that weren't there. "Stop makin' fun 'a me weight."

"Tristan!" I heard over all of the commotion that was going on backstage. 

I looked around to see who had called my name and saw John O'Callaghan coming towards me. 

"Hey baby," he said when he reached me and wrapped his arms around my waist, lifted me off the ground, and swung me around. One full circle and he set me down and planted a kiss on my lips. "I missed you. How are you feeling?"

Okay, I was shocked. Totally and completely. Was this even the same John that just one day ago was giving me the cold shoulder? There was just no way it could be. The other John wouldn't even look at me, let alone spin me around and kiss me. Unless of course, he was drunk. But he didn't smell like alcohol. Or taste like it. So what was up?

I tried to act as normal as possible, so I gave him a big smile and replied. "Oh, I'm fine. My head's not hurting anymore-- thanks to Josh."

Oops. Probably not the best choice of words. 

"Well all I did were get ya some water an' Aspirin," he explained, with a shrug of his broad shoulders. "No big deal."

And make out with her, my subconscious screamed. I tried to block it out. To act like it didn't happen. Because if it didn't happen then I would have nothing to feel guilty about. 

"Well, still, thanks bro. My girl here needs someone to look after her when I'm not there," he slid an arm around my waist and kissed the top of my head. He was joking, but it still rubbed me in the wrong way. I wasn't his property and I especially didn't need looking after. 

"Aye, I can already tell that she's a 'andful," Josh teased. "Or two."

Oh, that was definitely an innuendo. John didn't pick up on it, but I sure did. I shot Josh a look. "Funny, Josh."

"Oi no need to become bitter, love. We both know 'ow sweet you are." Oh my God. Was he asking to be slapped across the face? Because I can tell you right at that moment that's exactly what I wanted to do. 

"Hey fatty, why don't you go find some booze, and choke on it," I hissed. 

"Sounds like a lovely idea," he grinned and sent me a wink. "Pip pip, cheerio," he waved and he skipped off. Seriously. He skipped. 

"Well," John said with a laugh. "He seems.. Interesting."

I rolled my eyes and leaned into him. "Oh believe me, he is."

Even more interesting when his mouth is on mine.

"So, how late did you sleep till?" John guided me towards the water cooler where Garrett was. 

Josh was gone now, so why was John still putting on the good boyfriend act? I couldn't decide whether or not I should take advantage of it or be pissed off. This is what I had wanted-- for me and John to be acting like a normal couple, but I had also wanted to talk about what was wrong with him. I couldn't just stand there and pretend like we weren't just having problems. 

But the thing that wasn't bothering me was the kiss. I wasn't scared that John would find out. I didn't even really feel bad about. I know, I know, that's awful and I'm a big whore but that's what John gets for treating me like shit. Just goes to show if you won't treat your girl right someone else will. The Josh had made me feel when we kissed... Like there was nothing else going on around us, like time didn't exist, like everything just stopped and nothing mattered besides our lips on each other... John didn't made me feel like that. Not anymore. 

"Hey Trist," John waves his hand in front of my face. "You in there?"

I blinked several times trying to drag myself out of my thoughts. "Yeah, just thinking."

"Yeah I think I could hear the wheels turning in there," he joked and kissed my head. 

I wanted to tell him to stop kissing me. It was hard to be mad at him when his lips or hands were on me. 

Unfortunately Garrett was gone by the time we reached the cooler. I didn't really want any more one on one time with John. 

John offered me some water, but I declined. He got some for himself and chugged it. 

"So..." I tried to break the awkwardness between us. 

"So what?" he asked, hi voice containing a hint of venom in it. 

I rubbed the back of my arm. "About last night--"

"Not now, Tristan," he wouldn't even let me finish my sentence. 

I could feel my heart twist. "Then when, John? When is a good time for you?"

"I have a show to do," he said dryly. 

"John please..." I began to plead. 

John's handsome face turned sullen, as if he couldn't care less about us, and he turned back into the cold-hearted boy he was yesterday. 

"Just because we had sex last night does not mean our problems are fixed." And then he turned on his heels an walked away. 
 
He left me standing there, tears silently running down my cheeks, my heart freshly ripped open and laid on the ground, being trampled by those who walked past. 

I should have never stopped Josh on the bus. 
♠ ♠ ♠
thankyou for the feedback c:
i love josh. john is an ass. okay.