I thought I knew you

CH.5

“Mercedes…what are you…” Synyster whispered barely able to breathe let alone speak. He couldn’t believe it; there she was right in front of him. He let his eyes travel down her body. She was wearing sweat pants and a tight Vengeance University shirt, his eyes stopped when he noted that her belly had increased in size. That surprised him; she had never been able to gain weight before…

“Hey.” She said trying to smile.” Can I come in?” She asked looking past him and into the place she used to call home.

“Oh, yeah come in.” He smiled feeling like an ass. She nodded and walked in past him. The couches weren’t the black leather one’s she was used to but red ones instead and all new pictures covered the walls. She frowned; he must have wanted to completely erase her from his home and memory. She didn’t blame him though, she would if she could. “What did you want to talk about?” He asked after a few moments of agonizing silence.

“Well…how are you” She asked trying to make small talk and avoid his eyes. She didn’t want to just walk in and tell him she was pregnant without at least seeing how he was.

“Okay, I guess.” He lied. He was far from okay. “You?” He asked very interested.

“Same…Brian the real reason I’m here is because…well I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and…umm….you see…” She trailed off, she wasn’t ready for this. She couldn’t do it.

“What is it? Are you okay?” His chocolate eyes grew concerned and very serious. A smile pulled at the edge of her lips, he did care. She wasn’t the only one who couldn’t forget…who didn’t want to forget.

“I guess I’m okay…I’m pregnant.” She said the last part a little quieter that the first.