Status: active

Naturally

Change

Over the next few days, things got weirder and weirder. Connor hung out with me and Justin a lot more, and it was causing a lot of other people to react differently. Some hated me because they thought I was trying to steal Connor, and others tried to be my friend, because of Connor. I couldn't really decided which was worse.

I was relieved that the project was almost due. I hoped that it meant that all of this would go away. Connor would go back to his normal friends, and Justin and I would fade into the background once again. At least, that's what I thought was going to happen. Justin, on the other hand, had a different plan. He already decided that Connor and I were going to date, eventually get married, and name our son after him. I told him he was nuts.

"So, Venny, when do I finally get to see this mural of yours?" Connor asked me the same question at least twice a day. As usual, I just shook my head.

We were in his living room, sitting on the carpet, working on our power point.

"Aw, come on!" Connor whined. I giggled.

"Maybe eventually. When it's done," I said. Connor squealed.

"You promise?" he begged. I shook my head. He smirked and looked at me. I backed away a bit, but not enough to stop him from tackling me. "Promise!" I shook my head again. He sighed. "Fine, you force me to do this." He moved his hands and began to tickle my sides. In moments I was squirming and laughing so hard I was gasping for breath.

"Alright, alright! I give!" I yelled.

"Promise!"

"Fine, I promise, one day I will show you my mural!"

Connor yelled in triumph and rolled off of me. I smiled and slowly inched to my feet.

"I never said it would be anytime soon!" I jumped up and raced out of the room and up the stairs. I heard Connor storming after me. I ran through his house, searching for a place to hide. Finally, I dove into a room and behind a couch. The room looked like it hadn't been touched in ages. There was dust on everything. When I slid to the floor, a cloud rose up, causing me to sneeze loudly.

The door banged open, and Connor ran in, slightly winded. I curled up behind the couch and held my breath as he searched the room. I knew he would find me, but I was hoping I could evade getting caught.

Just as I was about to pounce for the door, arms wrapped around me from behind. I tried to squirm my way out, but Connor had a good hold. We wrestled for a few moments before he had me pinned.

"Promise you'll show me soon, or I'll steal your paints!" he threatened. My eyes widened.

"You wouldn't."

"Wanna bet?"

"Fine, I'll show you my mural soon."

"How soon?" Connor demanded.

"Within two weeks."

"Alright, I'm happy now!"

"How about you let me go?" I said, giving him my puppy-dog eyes.

"No, I'm pretty comfy right here," Connor said, smirking. I took a moment to notice how good looking he was. His eyes were playful, and held a spark of mischief. He stared back at me for a moment, before moving closer. I lifted my head up to meet him, but just when he was about to close the gap between us, a voice boomed from the doorway.

"What in Sam heck have you two been doing?" We looked up and saw Pop standing in the doorway, smiling. "Sounds like a herd of cattle has been tramping up and down the hallway."

"Sorry, Pop," Connor said, getting up, and pulling me with him. "We were just goofin' around."

"I can tell. I'm goin' down to the bar, to meet a couple of the guys. Don't break anything, you two." We both nodded, and he left.

Connor cleared his throat. "Um, how about we get back to that project?" I nodded, and followed him downstairs.

I spent another two hours at his house, before my mom called me and yelled for me to come home. It wasn't as awkward as I expected it to be, but it sure wasn't as comfortable as it was before.

One thought kept running through my mind. Was he really going to kiss me?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooo sorry I haven't updated lately!!!!

I've been really, really busy!!!!