Gimme Chemicals

Lissy

I woke up to my new room half expecting everything to be normal. When I saw the tan walls and almost bare room, I knew it wasn't. With a sigh, I got up and took a quick shower then pulled on some denim shorts and a tank top. I swear it might have been hotter than Texas here.

I slid on my flip flops and pulled my hair into it's usual, careless ponytail before I went downstairs. Aunt Marge was at the kitchen table in paint covered overalls and a white t-shirt.

"Hey Lissy." she said. She smelled like paint too, but that was probably because she was an artist.

"Morning," I replied as I grabbed an apple.

"I was thinking we should paint your room." She said looking out the window.

"Okay." I said distantly. I didn't really care either way the room didn't feel like my room.

"Okay, be back around seven so we can get started."

"Yeah got it. Can I borrow your bike?" I asked.

Aunt Marge nodded.

I left without another word and grabbed the bike from the side of the house. My head felt like it was about to explode; all I wanted to do was scream. I always felt like this in the morning when I woke up ever since my mom and dad died. It hurt having to wake up everyday thinking things were normal and then having reality sink in.

I peddled faster and faster. It was pretty early so not many people were out. I turned down a small street and started heading towards the lake.

When I got close, instead of taking the normal way down to the beach, I took the other way that led to the cliffs.

It took ten minutes of hard peddling, but I finally got there. When I reached the top and parked the bike, I looked around making sure no one was near. It was hard to believe I hadn't been up here in four years. It hadn't changed much, except there were a couple more beer cans than usual.

I pushed my thoughts aside and walked to the edge. No, I wasn't going to jump; I'm not suicidal, or stupid. All I did was scream. I let it rip for all the shit that happens. For mom, dad, Mika. For druggies, guns, hometowns.

I know I probably seemed crazy, but it felt good. Screaming was something Mika taught me. He showed me in sixth grade, and I'd been doing it ever since, whenever things got bad.

After fifteen of solid screaming, my head was clear, and I laid down just staring at the sky . I stayed there for a while, I'm not sure how long. But once I got bored, I stood up and brushed myself off.

I took my time getting on my bike and riding off, but before I knew it, I was in town. I stopped outside the drugstore to get something for my room, but I still can't remember what it was.

As I set my bike down and walked towards the store, two boys around my age walked out. I recognized the black haired one instantly as Mason. He was a trouble kid when I was here. The brown haired one, I knew him, but he'd changed so much I wasn't sure. Plus he would never have hung out with Mason before. They turned to face me. The brown haired one looked up at me with hazel eyes, and I was positive it was him.

"Lissy?" he asked suddenly freezing in his place.

"Darren!" I smiled and ran over to him. Yes I looked weird, but this was my best friend that I hadn't seen in four years.

"Lis, is that really you?" he asked dumbfounded. I nodded, and he pulled me into a hug.

Mason stood there looking weird.

"I'll see you later Darren." Mason said and stalked off.

"I haven't seen you in so long Lissy." he whispered and pulled away from the hug looking me up and down.

"I know," I said and then added as an after thought, " you've grown."

Darren had, by a lot. He was even taller than me and he grew his hair out and his scrawny body got some lean muscles. It was no wonder that I didn't recognize him.

"You've grown to." he murmured and hugged me again
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter ended kind of abruptly. This chapter is dedicated to all my commenters and subscribers. You guys rock, I love you.

<3 PrinceMaggot